Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Posting Guru

2002 F350V10 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I ahve read many battery posts on the forum and the costco $75 batteries are recommended alot as the best bang for the buck. 3 year free replacement, high cca , overall a very good choice.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:33 PM
New User

VernNrev is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dual Odyssey 65-pc1750t-h in my truck.
Better tan any other battery on market! NOT CHEAP!!!!!
An AGM battery will stand up to off-road and even the worst road in Minnesota, which I live on. Odyssey is better than any other. I have 14 miles to nearest tar and the road is never maintained! Why would anyone buy a cheap battery for $50K+ truck.

IMHO

V
Old 11-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Posting Guru

SC_Hoaty has a superb reputationSC_Hoaty has a superb reputationSC_Hoaty has a superb reputationSC_Hoaty has a superb reputationSC_Hoaty has a superb reputationSC_Hoaty has a superb reputationSC_Hoaty has a superb reputationSC_Hoaty has a superb reputationSC_Hoaty has a superb reputationSC_Hoaty has a superb reputationSC_Hoaty has a superb reputation
All this battery talk reminded me of a funny thing. I went to crank my F150 one day and it needed a jump. I realized the factory battery had finally started to fail. After 17 years. Incredible!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Postmaster

Pickupmanx2 is a name known to allPickupmanx2 is a name known to allPickupmanx2 is a name known to allPickupmanx2 is a name known to allPickupmanx2 is a name known to allPickupmanx2 is a name known to all
The original Motorcraft batts in my 99 lasted until 2007, then they died when we were gone over Christmas, and it was snowy cold, AND I think the rear side dome light was left on,,, drained em dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_Hoaty View Post
All this battery talk reminded me of a funny thing. I went to crank my F150 one day and it needed a jump. I realized the factory battery had finally started to fail. After 17 years. Incredible!
77/F150/SB/4x/NP435
66/F100/240/T18
63/F250/Flatbed/4x4/T-18
Old 11-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Senior User

saltamontes is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VernNrev View Post
Dual Odyssey 65-pc1750t-h in my truck.
Better tan any other battery on market! NOT CHEAP!!!!!
An AGM battery will stand up to off-road and even the worst road in Minnesota, which I live on. Odyssey is better than any other. I have 14 miles to nearest tar and the road is never maintained! Why would anyone buy a cheap battery for $50K+ truck.

IMHO

V
i bought the sears die hard platinum which is supposed to be a re-branded Odyssey (same batt but cheaper).
important to note: a low battery can cause corrosion (white powdery residue) to form in the FICM if left uncharged
Old 11-09-2012, 02:12 PM
New User

VernNrev is starting off with a positive reputation.
Interesting... About the sears battery. I will check into that. However, Sears also sells the Odyssey... at twice the price you can find it anywhere. They also won't price match. I used to buy from Sears for tools, appliance, etc. but, with the poor quality they have recently (last 5 years) achieved and astronomical prices on crummy tools that no longer have a true lifetime replacement I'll go elsewhere. I think they are trying to pay for their bankruptcy!

They used to be the best but are just over priced junk sellers now.

Again, This is just my humble opinion.

V
Old 11-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Posting Guru

Firekite has a very good reputation on FTE.Firekite has a very good reputation on FTE.Firekite has a very good reputation on FTE.
I'm pretty sure the Diehard Platinum are NOT rebranded Odyssey, but rather Odyssey competitors. I have a deep cycle Diehard Platinum in my TJ rock crawler, and it's been an fantastic battery. Stands up to physical abuse, runs the winch, and keeps on ticking, and it has a good warranty too. When my factory batteries eventually run out, I will very likely bite the bullet and go with Diehard Platinum replacements from Sears.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:12 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
batteries, battery, charge, diesel, dual, duty, f250, f350, ford, forum, jumping, pickups, psd, super, truck