Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Delaware Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Delaware Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Posting Guru

66fdtrucknut has a great reputation on FTE.66fdtrucknut has a great reputation on FTE.66fdtrucknut has a great reputation on FTE.66fdtrucknut has a great reputation on FTE.
Ever dare?

Ever dare to take apart the dash of a 09' and switch out the stereo. Don't have alot of experience at this, Eunice doesn't have a radio or even a hole for one.

Charlie

62' F-100 SWB uni 223
78' F-350 Dually 400
2012 XL 5.0 3.73
'66 F-100 SWB 352
Old 12-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Oh yes... still here.

Arlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to behold
www.facebook.com/djarlene
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66fdtrucknut View Post
Ever dare to take apart the dash of a 09' and switch out the stereo. Don't have alot of experience at this, Eunice doesn't have a radio or even a hole for one.

Charlie
We're getting ready to do my '05 (my Christmas present!!)! And, hubby custom did the 'vette - you're welcome to take a look at his handi-work. Depending on what you're looking at doing, an 09 should be relatively plug & play...
Living the life you only wish you had.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
I did my SD Charlie. It was real scary pulling on the plastic parts and hearing the screeching sounds. Pretty durable stuff, all turned out well.

Call me and I'll come over and help you if you would like. I'm off the week after Christmas.

Rest in peace STEVE, STEVEBRICKS, my west coast brother. 08/06/14
Old 12-11-2009, 09:00 PM
"Obsessed"

SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.
I've done my 05 several times, (changed a few times and when I painted the dash) its a piece of cake and like Arlene I'm getting one for a gift so I'll be at it again

Brian DELAWARE CHAPTER

2005 F150 Lariat Supercrew 5.4 4WD
1986 F150 XL LB I6 2WD
2008 Scion xB
Old 12-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Mod Party!!!!!

Old 12-12-2009, 01:48 AM
Posting Guru

66fdtrucknut has a great reputation on FTE.66fdtrucknut has a great reputation on FTE.66fdtrucknut has a great reputation on FTE.66fdtrucknut has a great reputation on FTE.
Sounds like we could have one, I'm off between the holidays too. About the only thing I don't like about the new truck is the crappy stereo in it. Thanks!

Charlie

62' F-100 SWB uni 223
78' F-350 Dually 400
2012 XL 5.0 3.73
'66 F-100 SWB 352
Old 12-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Oh yes... still here.

Arlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to behold
www.facebook.com/djarlene
well, we've decided that I will not venture to the back of the garage while he's doing it ( new speakers, sub, amp, dynamat the floor...) because I'll probably die of heart failure seeing her in pieces. It was bad enough last weekend seeing (and hearing) the grill coming off to replace the front emblem.
Living the life you only wish you had.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:05 PM
NY CHAPTER LDR

tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
From my experiences of doing aftermarket stereos and such, at times it is easier to remove everything to make room for the goodies.
Official #2 Slackmaster & Pyroslacker Extraordinaire

To Join The NEW YORK CHAPTER CLICK HERE

R.I.P. Steve, SteveBricks, you were a friend and will be greatly missed.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Posting Guru

So what do you do about the difference in the size of the stereo's? The ones I'm looking at are regular size and the one in the truck is pretty much square.
Charlie

62' F-100 SWB uni 223
78' F-350 Dually 400
2012 XL 5.0 3.73
'66 F-100 SWB 352
Old 12-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Charlie check out the Crutchfield site. They have the mounting brackets and wiring harness you may need for the aftermarket unit.

BTW what unite are you looking to buy?

Old 12-14-2009, 04:45 AM
Posting Guru

I've been looking at Sonys, I've always had good luck with them. Just something with a usb and a aux. jack. Any suggestions?
Charlie

62' F-100 SWB uni 223
78' F-350 Dually 400
2012 XL 5.0 3.73
'66 F-100 SWB 352
Old 12-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Charlie here are some choices for you,,, Find Car Audio/Video Gear that Fits Your Vehicle at Crutchfield!

And the Sony models,,, http://www.crutchfield.com/g_300/Car...FFBrand%7cSony

Old 12-15-2009, 04:08 PM
"Obsessed"

SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.
Charlie I just got a nice Kenwood (my xmas gift) thats a double din and fills the hole that may be righ up your alley. its a Kenwood DDX514 look it up, heres the crutchfield info on it.

Kenwood DDX514 DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

and this is a short thread I started asking about it
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/90...od-ddx514.html

You can get it alot cheaper then they sell it for thought I payed about 200 less then they have it for..

Brian DELAWARE CHAPTER

2005 F150 Lariat Supercrew 5.4 4WD
1986 F150 XL LB I6 2WD
2008 Scion xB
Old 12-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Posting Guru

Car stereo mounting kits car stereo installation kit install mounting kit - metra - schoshe - best kit - american international -

This place has exactly what I'm looking for.
Charlie

62' F-100 SWB uni 223
78' F-350 Dually 400
2012 XL 5.0 3.73
'66 F-100 SWB 352
Old 12-16-2009, 04:39 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Delaware Chapter

Tags
dare, f250