Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2009, 12:04 PM
New User

B00st is starting off with a positive reputation.
Help - Block Heater location

I know that this has probably been discussed...but I find varying info on here.. I have an 01 F250... Need to find the Block Heater Plug. Just pulled both batteries out to change them, so I thought that it would be a good time to look. Let me know where the cord is located and/or if it was an option and I don't have one. I've looked (briefly) but never saw anything that resembled a plug...

Thanks in advance for the help....
Old 12-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Posting Guru

PwerStroke99 has a good reputation on FTE.PwerStroke99 has a good reputation on FTE.PwerStroke99 has a good reputation on FTE.
Go to your oil filter and look at the housing. There should be a cord coming out of it. Follow it to the front of the truck, that will be your block heater cord.
BTS, Cass 250cc Hybrids
Dynoed 583hp 1230tq 29 Sept 12
685hp 19 May on PMT1_Fuel 707 Tune by Tyrant! 13.22 1/4 mile @ 102 mph
Old 12-10-2009, 12:16 PM
New User

B00st is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks - I will take a look tonight when I get home to throw the batteries back in her...
Old 12-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Hit it!

Ponyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud of
ChrisMPorras
Look for the plug end around the front driver's side tow hook. It can be tucked behind the bumper. Black plug with perhaps a cover over the three prongs.
2002 F350 XLT, 7.3L CC 4x4, SRW, Autometer Ultralites, DP TUNER, BTS Trans, 6.0 tranny cooler, F650 dash, AIS w/zoodad, Warn Hubs, 4" MBRP exhaust, '08 rear end cover, Foil Delete, Heated Tow Mirrors, AIH Delete, Homemade CCV mod., Bilsteins.
The Silver Bullitt PAA# 24
Old 12-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Posting Guru

MTDewX is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.MTDewX is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I re-ran mine up by the battery so its not in teh weather when I don't need it. ok i have to pop my hood to get to it, but its not that bad.

some have drilled holes in there bumper and mounted a plug in it with a cover. very slick adn easy to access.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Posting Guru

maevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by B00st View Post
I know that this has probably been discussed...but I find varying info on here.. I have an 01 F250... Need to find the Block Heater Plug. Just pulled both batteries out to change them, so I thought that it would be a good time to look. Let me know where the cord is located and/or if it was an option and I don't have one. I've looked (briefly) but never saw anything that resembled a plug...

Thanks in advance for the help....
Here is a pic where it connects by your oil filter, easy way to tell if you have one, and like Chris said, look by the driver side tow hook.

Click the image to open in full size.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Posting Guru

mxracer3276 has a very good reputation on FTE.mxracer3276 has a very good reputation on FTE.mxracer3276 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Here this is where i found my plug:

Click the image to open in full size.
Mods: 4" Turbo back Magnaflow Exhaust w/ muffler delete, 6637 w/ Pete's Filter Cover, Wicked Wheel, JWVB, 6.0 Intercooler, '05 Grill, AIH Delete, Foil Delete, Autometer C2 Boost, Trans, Pyro w/ Wood Grain Pillars, DP Tuner F6 w/ 80E (for now)
Old 12-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Junior User

JacksonJL is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks to everyone who posted info in this thread. I could have sworn my truck didn't have one. I looked all over the front of the truck, around both tow hooks, everywhere, and could not find the plug. Thanks to you guys, I went to the oil filter and saw the cord and was able to follow it up front. The plug had just fallen way down into the bumper and I had missed it before. It's been in the teens at night the last week, and although the trucks starts right up in the morning, I'm sure it will be happier plugged in.

Thanks again guys!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Senior User

RFD_Truckie is starting off with a positive reputation.
While on this topic, how can you test the heater to make sure it works? I tried searching and couldnt come up with anything....
Edge Evo
Old 12-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Senior User

Justin03PSD is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFD_Truckie View Post
While on this topic, how can you test the heater to make sure it works? I tried searching and couldnt come up with anything....
Plug it in and see if it gets warm?

You can also hear a little gurgle / sizzle too if you listen close.

Zoodad - 6637 covered by Pete - RiffRaff AIH delete, boots, and plenum inserts - Magnaflow #17979 4" exhaust - DP Tuner F5 chip 40T, 80E, 120R - Autometer #3804 boost and #3845 EGT gauges - EBPV delete - USA ported shroud compressor housing - Garrett high flow outlet - Warn 11690 hubs
Old 12-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Support FTE

PaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFD_Truckie View Post
I just took a ohm reading across the flat blades on the plug and got 16.6 OHMS, the resistance of the heating element plus the wiring. And like Justin said you can hear a gurgle if you listen close.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Senior User

RFD_Truckie is starting off with a positive reputation.
10-4 thanks fellas...
Edge Evo
Old 10-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Junior User

omanalansan is starting off with a positive reputation.
sorry guys tagging this thread
Old 10-20-2011, 10:30 PM
New User

BrennanSpicer is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 1994 7.3 non turbo. I've been tryin to find the heater. I've got the cord but i just can't find the actual heatin unit. I've heard its behind the starter, on top of the oil filter housing, freeze plug. I've looked everywhere and nothin. Anyone know where it would be?
Old 10-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Post Fiend

BigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud of
On the IDI's I believe it is located above and behind the starter on the passenger's side of the block, might check the IDI forum for better information Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Alan 2000 F-350 CC SRW 4WD, DIY FRx, DIY CCK, Tyrant Tuning, BTS Trans, SpringerPop's Disabler, 6637 Filter, OCR, DIY Hutch Mod, Van Turbo w/RR 6/6 billet wheel, Foil Delete, 50Cent Mod, 4" Turbo back, other stuff...297,000 Miles and counting.Towing 2005 32' Sandpiper 5'er 2007 CC SRW 4WD 6.0 mostly stock
Member Arkansas Chapter
Old 10-20-2011, 10:43 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
1999, 2002, 2005, 350, 73, 73l, block, changr, f150, f350, ford, heater, located, location, plug