Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2009, 11:41 PM
New User

sledgehammer100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Vacuum locking Hubs

Like to start with love these forums ,have found MUCH needed info here and even more Helpful people.

I have a 2001 F-250 Super Duty Desiel Truck

Now to the question at hand. After extensive reading on here and checking my truck I'm 99.9% sure that I have a vacuum leak in the front wheel assembly. On both front wheels I have what looks like a seal flopping around between the knuckle joint and the hub assembly. Asuming this is a bad seal. Therefor causing my hubs to not engage and my inside blower to only go to defrost. After serveral minutes my blower will go back to dash or floor as set. Indicating vacuum has been restored after the solinoind has cycled,
So what I need is an exploded veiw of the wheel hub assembly for a reference during the repairs. I've already been guided to Guzzle's website with step by step instructions (which is wonderful), just hard to access in the garage with my hands covered in grease. So I would love an exploded veiw to help during repairs and to make sure I order all the needed seals and O-rings correctly the first time. I work out if this Truck so I need it back running ASAP.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Just one year at a time..

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
That ring flopping around isn't your problem. Virtually all of these trucks have that ring just floating. No biggie at all.

That isn't the cause of your problem.

It may still turn out to be your seal, but the ring isn't the cause.

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 12-08-2009, 05:21 PM
New User

sledgehammer100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Turns out it was a cracked vacuum line, all fixed now. But still would like an exploded veiw of the hub assembly.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:10 AM
New User

DarwinOz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Having the same problem with the vacuum hubs. Shall inspect the hoses again!!!!!!!!!
Good to know about the floppy rings.
Did you manage to obtain a exploded view of the front hub? That is what I was searching for when I found your comments.
Thank you for your input.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Posting Guru

PA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinOz View Post
Having the same problem with the vacuum hubs. Shall inspect the hoses again!!!!!!!!!
Good to know about the floppy rings.
Did you manage to obtain a exploded view of the front hub? That is what I was searching for when I found your comments.
Thank you for your input.
put it into the youtube search... bet you will find a few vids

Mark
Pa chapter member
Old 04-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Posting Guru

Sand_Man has much to be proud ofSand_Man has much to be proud ofSand_Man has much to be proud ofSand_Man has much to be proud ofSand_Man has much to be proud ofSand_Man has much to be proud ofSand_Man has much to be proud ofSand_Man has much to be proud ofSand_Man has much to be proud of
Yep, You Tube is my favorite how-to site. There's a video for EVERYTHING posted by people who really care enough to take the time to help out their fellow man. It's also a huge time-waster at work looking up vids on things like how to build a Gatling gun that shoots BB's...
Old 04-22-2012, 10:40 AM