Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Lost

scotttahoe has a very good reputation on FTE.scotttahoe has a very good reputation on FTE.scotttahoe has a very good reputation on FTE.scotttahoe has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterburyka View Post
Is it confirmed that this has fixed these on other vehicles I would hate to spend the money to replace it and it not work
Yes and no, of course I can't confirm anything. I have read that it has fixed more of the issue than not. I also read that people have changed out relays and temporary fixed the issue than it came back, it's hard to say. Call the guy from the post above get some knowledge about the issue and keep looking around in the forum. I have seen more about this problem in the Excursion side.
Scotty, E99 Ford f-250 7.3 4X4, 6" lift all springs no blocks, 6637 intake kit, 4" exhaust turbo back, 6 gauges, Sinister Diesel coolant filter, Warn premium locking hubs, F-650 dash kit, HPx, 3 trumpet air chime train horn, and more.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:36 PM
New User

Arterburyka is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok thanks if you find out any more let me know
Old 12-01-2013, 02:13 AM
New User

DNK-HD is starting off with a positive reputation.
Gauge cluster is bad. Just had to replace the one in my 06 and problem solved!

This might help.....
http://circuitboardmedics.com/2005-2...luster-repair/

Good luck!
Old 01-17-2014, 11:42 AM
Freshman User

jimmy4321 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just replaced my cluster and all is fine, all issues are gone. Just a minor 4x4 light that won't come on, not the end of the world.
When instrument cluster went crazy i had dead gauges, windows, radio and dome light.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Post Fiend

big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotttahoe View Post
I am assuming your glove box light does not work as well with the windows, radio, and map lights.

The problem is inside your gauge cluster and will need to be replaced. There is a circuit board inside the cluster along with a relay that is timed, what this relay does is when you turn off the truck your power windows and radio will stay on until you open the door. Now the solder on that circuit board somewhere has corroded or broken free, if it has broken free there will be no intermittent with radio, power windows etc it just plain won't work.

At Ford a new gauge cluster will cost you around 500 bucks along with reprograming for your current miles. On the Excursion side of this forum someone I think it was HOME WORKS has found a guy that will replace the cluster along with reprograming for your miles for around 265 shipped. I called the guy up and he sounds like he knows what he's talking about and will provide a discount for using this forum.

Advanced Auto Electronics
1-866-427-1112 Speak with Carey.
Hope this helps.
Thanks Scotty. I will remember this help. Gotta wait till warmer weather to dig into my truck. reps sent
Mike's 03 [FONT=Verdana]F-250 7.3 CC SB XLT 4x4 Auto and just joined the 229,000 miles and counting. [FONT=Comic Sans MS]PAA#26 Wife's: Whoops, I mean an 08 (Explorer) Eddie B. 4.0 v6 4x4 109,000
Old 02-19-2014, 03:54 PM
New User

tobinmarch is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 2011 F350 6.7 which started to show the same symptoms as others on this thread.

Intermittent loss of:
Interior lights
Radio
Gauge Cluster
Windows

Loss of interior electrical power happens frequently and power is restored usually in 5-20 seconds. I can hear a clicking sound, similar to a relay operating normally, before power is restored. Subsequent power loss can happen immediately of several minutes later. On a 20 mile drive I can expect to have power ~50% of the time.

The drivability of the truck is not compromised at all. All engine power, braking, power steering is functioning properly.

I took it to the dealer who has diagnosed the issue as the wiring harness in the engine compartment having a failed/open circuit. This was explained to me as the harness that wires the 2 batteries to the electrical components under the hood. Alternator, Starter, Fuse box, etc... The dealer tech noticed that the power on the wire was fluctuating from normal 12-14V to 15+v at times and that this was causing the interior computer to reset intermittently.

They want to replace the entire harness rather than isolate the exact circuit that is expected faulty/loose.

Cost out the door $1436.

Any thoughts? I am going to sit on it for a day and think about it.

I fear that this may be overkill and over $$$ for the fix. Or that it may be a Voltage Regulator/Alternator and the wiring harness is not the culprit.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:01 PM
Freshman User

jimmy4321 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine still works great think i paid $125 for an instrument cluster at a salvage yard, It's a diy job. Certainly worth trying.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:16 PM
New User

ChrisHD is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey guys any help would be greatly appreciated,

I have a 2002 ford f150 Harley-Davidson edition Supercharged..i have the same problem..i recently installed some low voltage LED's under the dash to give it some look..got the cables all set up and attached to a ground..after like 3 days i turned off the switch i had for the LED's and BOOM! all my power went out..apparently my central junction box fuse went out (50amp).. So i replaced it and it worked..after that i got home the same day and i noticed that my windows,moonroof,radio,and cluster were not working WHILE the key was in ready mode, but when i twist the key back all the way back..the windows,moonroof,and radio start working again..while the truck is being driven, those features go away..the cluster works but it will take like 15 seconds to activate..ive already replaced the AUDIO relay which was damaged but the problem is still going..everytime i twist the key back, there is a click that i hear not from the relay i replaced..but from the PCM and cluster relay (relay#2) in the fuse box..i will go out and buy the second relay hopefully all is fixed..any one HELP PLEASE!!!! It is weird!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:36 PM
New User

JN3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have had this problem for years. I've pulled and reset connectors, replaced relays, swapped fuses, beat on the dash, and pulled the instrument cluster to get to the Battery Saver Relay (the problem). The Battery Saver Relay, (part of the instrument cluster) continues to fail intermittently in supplying power to the Accessory Delay Relay (in the fuse panel below the steering wheel). I finally ran an emergency bypass circuit to supply power to the ADR through a switch. I don't mind losing radio function but I have to be able to open and close the windows. I installed a fuse tap to the rear power outlet fuse and ran a wire to a switch that I installed in the panel below the headlight switch. This switch has a red LED that reminds me that I am in bypass mode. From the switch I ran a wire to the ADR pin 87. I pulled the cover off of the relay and made a small hole just large enough to pass the wire inside and soldered the wire to the base of pin 87. Snapped the cover back in place and zip tied the wires. Works great. I leave the switch "OFF" and let the normal system work, but if I need to operate the windows and the system is in failure mode, I turn "ON" the switch, operate the windows and turn the switch back "OFF". I would have posted pictures but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:08 PM
New User

Wildfirefighter72 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had some of the same issues on my 2000 F250 and it turned out to be the GEM. Ford replaced and reprogramed and 50,000 miles later still no problems.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:05 PM
Lost

scotttahoe has a very good reputation on FTE.scotttahoe has a very good reputation on FTE.scotttahoe has a very good reputation on FTE.scotttahoe has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN3 View Post
I have had this problem for years. I've pulled and reset connectors, replaced relays, swapped fuses, beat on the dash, and pulled the instrument cluster to get to the Battery Saver Relay (the problem). The Battery Saver Relay, (part of the instrument cluster) continues to fail intermittently in supplying power to the Accessory Delay Relay (in the fuse panel below the steering wheel). I finally ran an emergency bypass circuit to supply power to the ADR through a switch. I don't mind losing radio function but I have to be able to open and close the windows. I installed a fuse tap to the rear power outlet fuse and ran a wire to a switch that I installed in the panel below the headlight switch. This switch has a red LED that reminds me that I am in bypass mode. From the switch I ran a wire to the ADR pin 87. I pulled the cover off of the relay and made a small hole just large enough to pass the wire inside and soldered the wire to the base of pin 87. Snapped the cover back in place and zip tied the wires. Works great. I leave the switch "OFF" and let the normal system work, but if I need to operate the windows and the system is in failure mode, I turn "ON" the switch, operate the windows and turn the switch back "OFF". I would have posted pictures but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.
Nice! Would love to see how you did it.

First welcome to FTE
To post pictures I believe that you need to have at least 5 post, most people use photo bucket. You will need to set up an account and upload photos from your album to photobucket... Let me try and find a video.

Thanks to Gundown64

And also...
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...n-threads.html
Scotty, E99 Ford f-250 7.3 4X4, 6" lift all springs no blocks, 6637 intake kit, 4" exhaust turbo back, 6 gauges, Sinister Diesel coolant filter, Warn premium locking hubs, F-650 dash kit, HPx, 3 trumpet air chime train horn, and more.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:42 PM
New User

Thumbs up Intermittent windows, gauges, radio

J have pics of my Bypass mod. I just can't post them. PM with your email address and I will send them. Maybe you can post them.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:07 PM
New User

windows, radio

Library Slideshow by jnuncio3 | Photobucket

I hope this works.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Senior User

Shepherd2 has a good reputation on FTE.Shepherd2 has a good reputation on FTE.
Spoke to a local shop and he also thinks it's caused by the battery saver relay in the cluster. Problem is you cant get them anymore.

Last edited by Shepherd2; 06-26-2014 at 06:38 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:07 AM
Freshman User

Rickey Joe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmatthews View Post
Lots of people have had this problem including me, I haven't found any sure shot cure. Some people mess with the relays and such, I just bang on the dash above the radio and it all starts working again.
LOL....that did not work for me...
Old 06-17-2014, 04:07 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2003, 2004, drivers, excursion, f150, f250, f350, ford, gauges, intermittent, radio, shut, truck, window, wirking, working