1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Sold my 65

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sold my 65

Just sold my 65 F100 Customcab to a new owner. Its kinda weird not having it around so far; be especially hard seeing it at a cruise in or show!

Oh well time to build a new ride!!!!

Mitch

Old 05-10-2010, 10:50 AM
PassedDown66
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My condolences for your loss

Old 05-10-2010, 12:32 PM
BarnieTrk
Cargo Master
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Customcab
Just sold my 65 F100 Customcab to a new owner. Its kinda weird not having it around so far; be especially hard seeing it at a cruise in or show! Oh well time to build a new ride!!!! Mitch
It's kinda be like seeing the gal that was YOUR girl friend last week, now laughing and hanging on the arm of some other dude this week!

THAT is the very reason why when I sell a vehicle, I say I'll take less $$ from someone who lives over 50 miles away!

I hate the feel of that void, Mitch...
I guess that's why it's such a big deal for me to sell a vehicle - because I get too attached via blood, sweat and time together.
Just try to convince me that they are JUST ONLY machines! --HA, not to me!
BarnieTrk

Old 05-10-2010, 12:55 PM
F&M
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about that,but sure you have your reasons.Any Ideas on it's replacement?

Old 05-10-2010, 01:14 PM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hope u found he/she a good home.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Schuyles
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll keep a look out for it Mitch! Sold it to someone local huh?

Old 05-10-2010, 04:14 PM
camperspecial65
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The emptiness/loss Ive felt...plus the sense Ive just royally screwed up is why I try my damdest to not sell rigs Ive got alot of blood,sweat and tears in...my truck sure isnt no trailer queen...but its got a sheetload of sentiment for one...plus its been the best truck and is the ONLY rig Ive ever had that has never EVER left me on the side of the road or otherwise made those GM owners point and snicker...you know that acronym some use...ughhhhh...
If I had a big lot...let alone a lot at all I would have kept most of my rigs...My Ranger for one...and my original 64 3/4 ton a/t, a/c , Cali truck...Thats the one that haunts me the most...original top to bottom end to end except wheels/tires and a cheesy board for a rear bumper stand in...looked good though...
As for a replacement...when you do get one...just try your best to make sure its a old Ford.
Are you...or any others aware of any Tn wrecking yards that have been flooded out from this latest mess ??

- cs65

Old 05-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the thoughts;
Even my wife though I was crazy for letting it go; but I want / need to build more and money isn't as easy these day's.
Didn't advertise about selling; my buddy recently purchase a new suv from a dealer in Kentucky; who (the general manager) was looking for a truck. (Owns a 68 rag top camero) show him his 77 Ranger; he didn't like it as much as my 65; (which was kept in his garage) my buddy call me and the price was where I would sell and not lose any consignment cost; (ebay etc) so I sold her.
I have my 64; for which I'm starting tire down; (after Supernationals) so part of the money is goping into it; the rest divided between bills and building one for my wife. Boy is she shock I mention I would like to build her one.
Its all good!!!!!!!! Be honest I rarely had the chance to drive my 65 beyond car show's due to having, to take care of other rides; my daughters 78 & my recently built 76 highboy. So its not like I'm homeless fom Fords.
Havn't removed it from my gallery yet; still in aftershock!!!!

Mitch