1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Hi there !

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 09:13 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,836 Likes on 1,835 Posts
he he he he he he he.....

.......ain't I a stinker?

Old 12-01-2009, 10:21 PM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Bobby,

You've got great taste in cars and bikes, but I'm not so sure about your preference in trucks. But, hey, if you REALLY want to go ridin' around in that Barney-lookin' grinning idiot of yours, go right ahead!

Seriously, here's what has been keeping me from getting up to my eyeballs in my truck lately:

I bought the car in AL and drove her home to IN in 2004. I'm trying to get the front suspension rebuild and disc brake conversion done right now and then I'm going to just drive it for awhile and get started on the truck. The 289/C4 are getting switched out for a hot EFI 5.0L and a built AOD next summer. My goal is to pull down 25 MPG on the highway and still be able to turn a 12.99 in the quarter. We'll see how close I get.

I don't have any pictures of my Harley that are fit to post on a family-friendly forum. Most of them are of me riding the bike with various inebriated and less than fully clothed female passengers. I'd probably live a lot longer if I'd stay away from ABATE events, but I wouldn't have nearly as much fun, either!

Old 12-01-2009, 10:32 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,836 Likes on 1,835 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueOvalRage

You've got great taste in cars and bikes, but I'm not so sure about your preference in trucks. But, hey, if you REALLY want to go ridin' around in that Barney-lookin' grinning idiot of yours, go right ahead!
LOL....that made me laugh out loud

Nice car!! I sure wish mine was a hard top and a V8. Oh well, its my wife's driver and she loves it the way it is. The only thing she wants me to change is to add the side trim like what is on your car.

I'll have to start hitting the ABATE events...sounds like fun

Bobby

Old 12-02-2009, 09:31 AM
1PieceAtATime
Mountain Pass
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Garry, sorry to say the Brass Apple is no more. It partially burnt several years ago. There was talk of a chain re-opening it, like Chili's or Applebee's, but for some reason it never panned out. A local guy sunk life savings into turning into an Italian restaurant, he wasnt open long enough for me to even get in to try the food and it burnt again. This last year the un burnt half of the building got re-modeled into business offices, and the lot paved supposedly for a Mahindra car dealership. So far, tho,the town still has no import car lines and our Dodge guys are really struggling. Still, it's neat how so many people know small town El Reno...Thats Interstate 40 for ya I guess.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:53 AM
rastiss
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is gene sears gun shop still there in el reno?

Old 12-02-2009, 10:55 AM
rastiss
Senior User
heyyyyyyy, my signature worked finally!

Old 12-02-2009, 12:08 PM
1PieceAtATime
Mountain Pass
Yep, Sears seems to still be going strong. Hunting is very popular around here, even thru economic recession. And we're also right in the middle of NRA country, too...

Old 12-02-2009, 02:28 PM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome

Welcome 1Piece. Good to see another Oklahoman here. Hope you will enjoy your project truck as much as we enjoy ours!

Old 12-02-2009, 03:58 PM
1PieceAtATime
Mountain Pass
Thanks again for the kindly welcome! Actually, the start of this projects been kind of a funny story...I've owned this truck since June, and have been waiting on a title issue to get started with it any further than just stockpiling parts. After I picked it up, i left it on the car hauler so I could take it to the tag agent for the VIN inspection, which went fine. I went back to the tag agent a week later to pay for the transfer, fee's and whatnot, and suddenly couldnt find the title and bill of sale....Oh, He!!. I left them in the front pocket of the shirt I was wearing when I bought the truck. Went back home looked thru the closet, which is where I neatly hung it, instead of throwing the shirt on the floor or over a chair or whatever, you know, like she's always yelling at me -not- to do? Shirts not in the closet anymore....Hon? Where's my old green plaid longsleeve...? "YOU MEAN THAT ONE YOU NEVER WEAR ANYMORE? I DONATED IT TO THE GOODWILL LAST WEEK..." Yeah, thats right. Title, BOS, and all. Luckily, I have a skinny 9 year old with a good sense of adventure, and he and I stuffed him into the red metal donation dumpster at 300 AM that morning to find out it had already been emptied... And the guy I bought the truck from moved back to Italy. It was last titled in 2002 in CO, but they wouldnt help with out info from the title holder, power of attorney, etc. So, six moths later, the OK Title 42 auction to re-title "abandoned property" is over and my new title in MY name is supposedly in the mail !!! So I wish I could say the enjoyment, Grizz, has just begun? But, as you can see it's -already- been tons of fun....LOL What a story, wouldnt have believed it for a minute if it hadnt happened to me...LOL

Old 12-02-2009, 04:01 PM
1PieceAtATime
Mountain Pass
Maybe thats my new name for this project, "abandoned property" LOL

Old 12-02-2009, 09:38 PM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
He he he he!!! Not all the fun is in the building!

Old 12-03-2009, 10:09 AM
RUSTY50F1
Posting Guru
Mike; Welcome to the FTE, Think you'll like it here. Been working on my 50f1 for the past 4 yrs.Titles are funny things. I bought my truck from a mexican fella in Clinton. was making payments on it, the last payment I sent came back to me. No such person at the address. I looked for the guy for about 6 months, no luck. I guess when they passed the new law. He was sent or went back to Old Mexico, With my title. Took me almost 2 yrs to get a title 42 done. The first lady skipped town and took my money after waiting 6 months to here from her. Finally found a lady to do it and it only took 4 weeks. But It's mine now. Any way welcome to the board it's nice to have another OKIE on here. RUSTY

Old 12-03-2009, 12:50 PM
1PieceAtATime
Mountain Pass
Thanks, Rusty! I actually went and spoke with the lady who runs a local wrecker service. She said she usually charges $50, if you ever run into a situation like that again. Start to finish took her 2 weeks, she handled the entire deal. Worth it, in my opinion, do deal with somebody who knows their way around that process. I printed all the forms of the OK tax commission website, thinking I'd figure it out myself, but its way too confusing. On purpose I'm sure, to keep anybody and everybody from doing it all the time. Still, I'm raring to go, I've had 6 months of planning and rounding up parts for it, it'll be exciting to get it going, never having done anything really quite like this before. If the lost-title problem comes up again on another project, I'll still be leery, but at least I know enough about the process now to have that not be a deal killer. Back to that small world thing, if you are a car show go-er with your truck, I'll probably see you around !

Old 12-12-2009, 09:04 AM
53pickemuptruck
Senior User
Good choice for a name! Welcome,when i first started on my truck,a friend told me restoring these trucks is like eating an elephant,you can do it but, you have to do it, one piece at a time ! hope you can help and be helped here, its a really good place for info and friends.