Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

A little early but lets start the BS for December

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 07:34 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A little early but lets start the BS for December

Yep. No one started one for November and I know I missed it. Whats going on with you guys?

Me. My first semester back at NKU is just about over. I think barring any major issues I should have 2 A's and hopefully 2 b's. The B's will be a down to the wire thing, one might become an A and the other might stay a C.

JR is growing like a weed. HE is almost 18lbs and hasn't even hit 5months yet. My wife and I think he is starting to get his first tooth.

We fly out Friday morning for Jacksonville to see part of her family that lives that way. be back on Monday afternoon as I have class that night.
So I have done my part what about you guys?

Old 11-30-2009, 06:34 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Tranny went in my truck that's what lol. When I tried to leave Deanna and Jimmy's thursday night it had no reverse. Matter of fact no park either, all positions are drive lol. I even unhooked the linkage and shifted it by hand it still will only go forward. So this weekend is tranny swap day, again. Wish I had the money to do the zf5 swap right now.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:32 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Damn Buck, I hate to hear that. Have you located a tranny? I was talking to Travis the other day and he mentioned that you have been in touch with him, but apparently he's been quite busy on the weekends. He's got several trucks at his house that he's got to get fixed now.

Sounds like everything is going well for Ryan and his family.

As for me, work has been a little slow in November. This is our slowest time of the year though. The first 3 months next year will be a good indicator how the year will go. That is crunch time for us.

Buck, if/when you and Travis ever get together to pull the parts off that 6.9, let me know. If I'm available, I'll bring my service truck over and give you a hand. I do not have a boom on it.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:46 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Yea I founf another tranny. This one cost me $500 this time. The way things are going I will never get the turbo or 5 speed lol. I hope work picks up for you soon, this is the time of year we are real busy with all the churches wanting thier bells working for x-mas. Wish some of them would think about it the rest of the year lol. If or when I can get that turgo I will give you a call, would be grateful for the help.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:51 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
I've had a couple good paying jobs come in this week, so that's good. Like I said, if I'm available to help, I will.

Hey Ryan, are you somewhat of an expert, or at least knowledgeable, on car stereos and sound proofing vehicles? I guess I remember hearing you talking about that stuff at our last get together. If you do that type of stuff, I may enlist your help come spring time on my truck. I would like to do some sound proofing on it. The 02 truck that is.

Old 12-05-2009, 05:42 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Got the tranny mostly in today, all that is left is the t-case. I hate not having a garage it got dark on me and I had to quit lol. Also I think I found out what screwed it up. When I recently swapped out t-cases I had to use permatex for a gasket and might have over did it. There was some of it in the tranny as a thick goo and must have got pumped thru and plugged up the valve body. I bought some gasket material this time and will peen one out, screw that permatex crap! Good to hear you got some good work John, they told me that I could get as many as 55 hours nexr week. Then they told us that we will shutdown the last week of the month unpaid lol. They really know how to put a damper on things.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:24 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Hate those unpaid vacations! Just hate them!

Permatex is a funny thing. There are different types of that stuff, and a lot of it can actually have a bad reaction to oil, or different types of oil. I know the blue stuff is good for water pumps and thermostat housings, but you don't want to use it around oil. Or at least that's was the way it used to be. They probably have some blue that's OK around oil applications. Of course too much in a tranny can get into places it ain't suppose to be with bad results. Well, tomorrow is suppose to be a little warmer, and still sunny. Catch you all later.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:23 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Wamer huh? Well I got up this morning and it was colder than hell. I got the truck back on the road and it is doing great so far lol. but as I type this it is warming up just in time for me to sit inside and watch my Cowboys tear the Giants apart, or so I hope lol.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:48 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Originally Posted by kenpobuck
Wamer huh? Well I got up this morning and it was colder than hell. I got the truck back on the road and it is doing great so far lol. but as I type this it is warming up just in time for me to sit inside and watch my Cowboys tear the Giants apart, or so I hope lol.
According to the national weather forecasts, it was suppose to get up into the lower 40's. (That was friday when I saw the forecast.) It didn't happen, I know. At least you're back on the road.Gotta like that.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:32 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Sorry just got back in town about 2 hours ago and I am already sitting in my class. John just where are you needing to do sound deadening. I can most likely help and point you to some references to learn more. If interested just ask and I will send you some links. Even get you a number to talk with the company I am going to buy my next batch of material from so I can deaden the doors and rear panels on the ranger.

Buck glad you got the tranny put back in. Now quit driving like mario andretti!

Old 12-07-2009, 06:44 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Mario andretti?! man I don't over 60mph on I75. It was my own dumb lazy fault tho. I should have made a paper gasket for it and stayed away from the sillycone like I usually do.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:33 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
haha. Got give you some ribbing since I was without internet for the past few days.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:11 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
He Ryan. I want to do the doors on my 02, but not likely till the spring. This is the type of work I would rather be a helper than a doer if that makes any sense. So, perhaps this spring, if you've got the time on a saturday or sunday, I could come over to your place and we could take care of the doors.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:43 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Hey John I live in an apt so it would be best if I came over to your neck of the woods. The only thing I am leery of is pulling off your door panels. Which truck are you wanting to do this on and I can ask around if there is any tricks I need to know? Applying the sound deadener is really an easy process. Pulling door panel apart is usually harder than applying the deadener. lol. Definitely on waiting for spring, just give me enough heads up time so that I plan accordingly with the wife.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:50 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
My 02 truck is the one I want to do, 4 doors! I agree with you, it's pulling the door panels. I've never pulled them before. I don't know if you need any special tools to do that. I was hoping you had some experience with that. Coming to my place would be fine. A sunny saturday or sunday is what I was thinking. Definitely a spring time job.

Quick Reply: A little early but lets start the BS for December