Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Old 03-25-2015, 01:29 PM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vwags
Just sayin Ex's get noticed and whether mine does or not...I GET TO DRIVE AN EX...how cool is that?
:-P

It's the best! Like unicorns. We are the best. Bwahahahaha.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:52 AM
commanderdrako
New User
You know you drive an Ex when

You know you drive an Ex when you get a warning from the parking officer that you have occupied 2 parking spots. And to be considerate of other people......

Old 03-31-2015, 06:37 AM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

I got a special parking pass at a beach motel because I couldn't fit in the parking deck. Rock star parking right out front!

Old 03-31-2015, 09:01 PM
Az_Ray
Senior User
You know you drive a lifted excursion......

......when you are parked sitting in it waiting on the wife to come out of a store and a suburban pull up next to you and you still can see over their roof to watch for her.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:10 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 806 Likes on 563 Posts
Originally Posted by Az_Ray
You know you drive a lifted excursion......

......when you are parked sitting in it waiting on the wife to come out of a store and a suburban pull up next to you and you still can see over their roof to watch for her.

Hey Ray, how is the hand coming along? We have to have you back with two hands working to finish up the super cool off road trailer!

Old 03-31-2015, 09:49 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
... when your wife is glad your safe working underneath it without using a jack or jackstands and comes out to check on you every 30 minutes or so and reminds you of the fact

Old 03-31-2015, 10:59 PM
Watcher58
Laughing Gas
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
My gasser V-10 is a 3/4 ton SUV, just one more way that the V-10 is mightier than the oil burners I guess.
Love the description on the XLS--it's heated, it has seats, seats, seats, seats, and windows, windows, windows, windows

Old 04-01-2015, 04:41 PM
slowlanemcvane
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know you drive an Excursion when:

Your vehicle isn't lifted, but everything smaller than an Explorer is hard to see in your rear view

Your boss asks you and your buddies to carpool to a remote training location, and everyone ends up just piling into your truck, and there are no complaints about head or legroom

You call it a truck, other people call it a car, and still others call it an SUV, and somehow everyone is right all at once

You have to swipe your debit card twice to fill up your tank, because 44 gallons of diesel exceeds the maximum spending limit

You wish Costco sold diesel

You have to tell your wife not to use the fuel rewards at Safeway because her tank is half the size of yours

People will pull into the other lane at a red light, assuming you are slow because of your Excursion, then have to get right back behind you because you ditched them when the light turned green

You wish there was a "Powerstroke" badge on the side of your truck, because the F-250 and F-350 guys have them, and the only indication of diesel awesomeness is the clatter

You can take seven people tent camping and still have leftover room for more junk in the back

It's unclear whether your truck is a truck or a passenger van

Old 04-01-2015, 05:10 PM
02expy
Senior User
You know you drive an Excursion when Yukon xl look so small, or your friend that drives said Yukon says I have a 6.0 to and you just laugh

When you're towing 5k and can still accelerate faster than most

when you're wheeling with 8 people in the truck and everyone is comfy with no complaints

when you have a large ride that is very fun to drive.

I know its not as fast as some but it does scoot

Costco is selling diesel and is working on getting it to all stores

Old 04-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Vwags
Elder User
When you notice other peoples mirrors "...He has the 08 like I wish I did, he has the dog ears like I used to..."

Old 04-01-2015, 07:15 PM
El_Coqui
Senior User
Originally Posted by slowlanemcvane
You wish Costco sold diesel
We do sell diesel....there's 3 stores selling diesel in Washington.....nnot sure exactly where you are but I did confirm 3 stations having it....iI wish the one that sold diesel here in Houston was closer....it's like an hour north of me and not worth the drive just to fill my tank

Old 04-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
...when you hear a little ricer muffler at 11 PM on a 4 lane road with only you and a newer caddy and can't find it for almost 30 seconds.

I looked and looked. I heard it shifting and doing it's thing (I had just passed an off ramp so I knew where it came from) but had no visual. It was like having a fighter jet flying around you and being in a bomber... only thing is the fighter jet has no weapons and if I hit it... I don't even want to know what would happen.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:10 AM
Psyclopse
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
... When you park it in the yard, it rains, and it is 4 inches shorter than it was before the rain...

Old 04-02-2015, 09:22 AM
slowlanemcvane
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by El_Coqui
We do sell diesel....there's 3 stores selling diesel in Washington.....nnot sure exactly where you are but I did confirm 3 stations having it....iI wish the one that sold diesel here in Houston was closer....it's like an hour north of me and not worth the drive just to fill my tank
NICE! None of the Costcos in my area (Tacoma, Washington) sell diesel fuel yet, so generally the best price that I can get comes from Safeway, especially with the fuel discount. Unfortunately, the fuel discount only counts for the first 25 gallons...

Old 04-02-2015, 09:51 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by slowlanemcvane
NICE! None of the Costcos in my area (Tacoma, Washington) sell diesel fuel yet, so generally the best price that I can get comes from Safeway, especially with the fuel discount. Unfortunately, the fuel discount only counts for the first 25 gallons...
and that is why I love Fred Meyer's for their fuel discount, there is no cap to it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....