Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 10:36 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Boog2001
You realize the X doesn't fit at Sonic so you have to drive up on the curb just to get to the speaker.
You'll learn to fold the mirrors in when going through drive-thru's soon enough as well if you have the towing mirrors

Old 06-16-2014, 11:45 AM
Rushmore X
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
You'll learn to fold the mirrors in when going through drive-thru's soon enough as well if you have the towing mirrors
I've had to do that more than a few times...

Old 06-16-2014, 03:12 PM
Swoosh66
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lokomtv
You go to Lowe's and get five 4x8 sheets of plywood, five 2x4x8's, and four 12' pieces of lumber and nothing is tied to the roof rack and all windows are closed. Gotta love an Ex!

Did this on the weekend to help a friend... he has an S10. Needed to get lumber to extend his shed... I said, let's take the Ex.

Get to Home Depot and load 3 sheets of 4x8 plywood, 22 - 2x4x8', and 4 - 2x6x8', plus all the brackets and tiddly bits needed. slid everything right in and closed the barn doors. He just stood there laughing... while two other guys going into the store stopped to watch.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Splash67
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
and people try to pass me thinking I drive slow due to my size and I just get over whether or not they get there
Hmmmm...sounds similar to what happened to me this weekend...had a gal try to pass me in the passing section of the 2 lane road...while I was pulling my camper and passing a little Toyota Tacoma...needless to say SHE ran out of room

Old 06-18-2014, 03:05 PM
Alex F
Senior User
When you and your friends start calling your Ex the "MRAP".

Old 06-18-2014, 04:19 PM
slowlanemcvane
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know you drive an Ex when:

The wife sends you for a load of groceries, you take the Ex, and you've got 35 bags to carry, but the back of the truck is simply too huge to keep them all from rolling around on the way home, so you stick them in the floorboard behind the front buckets.

Seriously, does anyone know about a cargo net or something that I could make a compartment in the back of my truck small enough to do a load of groceries without so much space where I would have to worry about my milk rolling around and rupturing?

Old 06-18-2014, 04:33 PM
lunatech
Junior User
Originally Posted by slowlanemcvane
Seriously, does anyone know about a cargo net or something that I could make a compartment in the back of my truck small enough to do a load of groceries without so much space where I would have to worry about my milk rolling around and rupturing?
Try a motorcycle cargo net. I've got one but it's in use on my motorcycle right now so I haven't test fitted it yet but it should work fine. This is what I'm referring to and I'm pretty sure you can get them in different sizes. Cargo Nets - BikeBandit.com

Old 06-18-2014, 05:32 PM
slowlanemcvane
Senior User
Thanks, lunatech, very nice!

Old 06-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The wife sends you for a load of groceries, you take the Ex, and you've got 35 bags to carry, but the back of the truck is simply too huge to keep them all from rolling around on the way home, so you stick them in the floorboard behind the front buckets.

I leave the 3rd row in, that creates a "corral" for the bags and boxes. I also keep a few moving blankets and bungy cords to help limit things as well.

Sent from my Sprint PC36100 using IB AutoGroup

Old 06-18-2014, 11:25 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Why not use one of those collapsible organizers?.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Splash67
Cargo Master

I keep a couple empty banana boxes back there for just that reason..

Old 06-19-2014, 03:33 PM
slowlanemcvane
Senior User
Ah, an organizer would be good. Or one of those cargo gates that you see in pickup trucks sometimes.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I use a flat cargo net with hooks on the corners and elastic on the edges. I hook it into the hoops in the floor for my "smaller" items

Old 06-19-2014, 05:20 PM
slowlanemcvane
Senior User
Nice. I'll have to look into my options and find out what best fits my needs, wants, practicality, and budget. Thanks for the input, fellas!

Old 06-19-2014, 06:23 PM
Splash67
Cargo Master
Banana boxes are free...lol

Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....