Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Old 03-13-2015, 05:54 AM
DavenTn
Fleet Mechanic
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
You know you own an Excursion when an aerial photo from the county creates an inquiry about the "unpermitted structure/mobil home" in the drive way.

I had to go by the county annex and look at their "skilled observation". Looks like one of my trees had blocked the hood of the Ex and all they could see was the roof line.

I guess if it's not a Prius they want some addition property taxes. The civil engineer and I had a good laugh... but the clerk has a case of the as*.

Bite me.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:50 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
When the X weighs more than the excavator on the trailer.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:43 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by ExPACamper
...when you pull out of a parking spot and a Honda races across the spots into the lane, getting mad you are interfering with his dart to a spot, so you stop in mid turn and watch him pull up to your side and wait.

Here is the new owner part:

Being new to the game and not so fast thinker on your feet, you do NONE of the following.

...Tell the wife to open her door and step out onto his hood.

...Put the passenger window down and say, "I'll wait, go ahead UNDER"

...Shift into neutral and blast the exhaust at his window.

Instead, you lean over and look out the passenger window and realize that he is about eye level with the bottom of your door and chuckle saying, "Okay, now what are you going to do" then get bored after watching his female passenger yelling at him for about 30 secs and drive away.

But, you are amused by how emasculating it must've been for the ****** to attempt to bully you then be confronted with a closeup view of...your RUNNING BOARD! HAHA.

Afterwards you briefly consider looping around and parking ON TOP of the Honda, but decide to go on your way.

And the admiring smile on the wife's face when you say, "We're 3 TIMES his size. The worst he can do is some sheet metal damage and his insurance would have to pay. We're good."

Another one.

...When you chuckle out loud the first time you use your horn for a dumb non-looking driver and realize your 'not wimpy horn' is right at his driver's side window and might have actually made ripples in his coffee!

...When a hip-hopping Corolla tries to jump line in a merge on the on ramp at highway speeds, pulls beside you, and you casually look forward and say, "Well, it's his problem now" There is no "forced merge" against you when driving the EX
This sounds like something Krazee Matt would do, LMBO!

Old 03-13-2015, 09:04 AM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
This sounds like something Krazee Matt would do, LMBO!
The sad thing is, somebody DID try to force merge me a few weeks ago. I said nope, they said yep, and they lost. Quite badly.

Attached Images   
Old 03-13-2015, 09:21 AM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt
The sad thing is, somebody DID try to force merge me a few weeks ago. I said nope, they said yep, and they lost. Quite badly.
Ouch!

My car looked like that after a race one night..."Rubbin' is Racin' you know"

Looks like a semi tire rub?

Hope you were all okay?

Old 03-13-2015, 10:01 AM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by ExPACamper
Ouch!

My car looked like that after a race one night..."Rubbin' is Racin' you know"

Looks like a semi tire rub?

Hope you were all okay?
That was the car that tried to force merge his way into my Excursion He ended up side swiping the X, that tire rub is from my 35's. Only thing that happened to my rig was a rub mark down both passenger side doors from his side mirror, which my rear tire removed from his vehicle. The mark should come right off whenever I get around to it, I'm just not that concerned with it right now.

Luckily nobody was injured in the incident, although I suspect his pride and road rage took a severe hit and got knocked down a few points. I don't get road rage, but I also don't sucumb to it from others - especially to some dinky little Malibu.

Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2015, 12:15 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 214 Likes on 144 Posts
When a hopped up newer Dodge Challenger is revving his engine at a light so everybody can hear his Flowmasters and when the light turns green you floor your 8000 lb 6.0L Ex from the light and take him, he is only able to pass because you have a greater stopping distance.

Old 03-13-2015, 02:24 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
When a hopped up newer Dodge Challenger is revving his engine at a light so everybody can hear his Flowmasters and when the light turns green you floor your 8000 lb 6.0L Ex from the light and take him, he is only able to pass because you have a greater stopping distance.
Can you hear the sound of his marbles dropping on the ground over his Flowmasters?

Old 03-13-2015, 06:07 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt

That almost looks like a sticker/graffic on the side. I would leave it there as a war mark and symbol to others.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:21 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
That almost looks like a sticker/graffic on the side. I would leave it there as a war mark and symbol to others.
Kinda what I was thinking. My last Jeep was best to hell for body work. My only concern was doors and windows sealing properly.

Worked great in rush hour traffic and parking lots cuz everyone figured I didn't give a **** about cosmetics lol.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:45 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by DavenTn
You know you own an Excursion when an aerial photo from the county creates an inquiry about the "unpermitted structure/mobil home" in the drive way.
Absolutely awesome!!

Stewart

Old 03-13-2015, 09:24 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by DavenTn

I had to go by the county annex and look at their "skilled observation". Looks like one of my trees had blocked the hood of the Ex and all they could see was the roof line.

Bite me.
The Ex is a multi-family dwelling, with wheels.

Old 03-14-2015, 10:32 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts

Honey, I swear I don't know how that box of parts got here.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:41 AM
Watcher58
Laughing Gas
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac

Honey, I swear I don't know how that box of parts got here.

or

No No No my dearest, sweetest lammy poooh! I would never lie to you! That's not a new box of parts! (I got em 2 days ago)

Old 03-14-2015, 11:57 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I was very big on the force merging before and made it a point to "get in where I fit in" and "make a hole" when needed before... but with the new truck I swear it's 2 feet higher and when anyone starts to come into my lane I just pull a little closer to them (but stay in my lane) and give them one of these

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....