Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2014, 12:12 AM
Senior User

Psyclopse is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Psyclopse is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You know you're an Excursion fan when posts like "2016 Super Duty" and "Ask the Ford engineers" are littered with "And BRING BACK THE EXCURSION!!!"

(I may or may not be guilty of that)...

Apocalypse, I agree with you, but unfortunately, anyone with "larger than normal" trucks get the blame for this. My extended-cab 250 has the gas V8, and I've been angrily confronted more than once because "people like me" smoked out their little Honda in the past...
Old 06-26-2014, 12:33 AM
Post Fiend

AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
when you spend as much money on fuel a month as some famlies spend on groceries.
2011 F-150 Limited #3679 6.2 V8 4x4, Retrax bed cover, Husky mud flaps and wheel liners, HIDs, 35% tint
2002 Excursion Limited V10 4x4, 2.5/2" lift, HIDs,LEDs,20" DC wheels
1998 Expedition XLT 5.4 4x4,HIDs,16x8 ultra wheels,LEDs, HIDs
1991 F-250 lairat 4x4 5.0, 7'6" BOSS snow plow, Back Rack, Strobes, Work lights
Old 06-26-2014, 12:41 AM
Senior User

00X7.3PSD has a very good reputation on FTE.00X7.3PSD has a very good reputation on FTE.00X7.3PSD has a very good reputation on FTE.00X7.3PSD has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpipes 35 View Post
And after you realize it is a diesel you say EEEEEW... ...I want one too!!!
In red.

2000 Ex 7.3 4wd, 05 front coil axle. B mod with stock block.

2001 Ex v10 2wd, Stock
Old 06-26-2014, 07:47 AM
Dirty Old Man in training

BassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyclopse View Post
You know you drive an Excursion when it has more interior room than the apartment you lived in when you were 18.

You know you drive a DIESEL Excursion when George Takei makes a Facebook post equating big diesel vehicles "rolling coal" to having issues with the size of your, uh, junk-- and you feel the need to correct him on it. (okay, I don't currently own a diesel nor an Excursion, but he did make the post and I did get all defensive).

You know you drive an Excursion when you pull into a parking spot at the grocery store, get as close as possible to the car in front of you, then worry the whole time you're inside because the rear of your rig still sticks out into the driving lane...
That's correctable, you know...
Old 06-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Junior User

slowlanemcvane is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyclopse View Post
You know you drive a DIESEL Excursion when George Takei makes a Facebook post equating big diesel vehicles "rolling coal" to having issues with the size of your, uh, junk-- and you feel the need to correct him on it. (okay, I don't currently own a diesel nor an Excursion, but he did make the post and I did get all defensive).
Well, in all fairness, Takei is probably more of an expert on a man's junk than most people on here. Just sayin'
Old 06-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlanemcvane View Post
Well, in all fairness, Takei is probably more of an expert on a man's junk than most people on here. Just sayin'
too funny ...
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:27 AM
Senior User

Psyclopse is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Psyclopse is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassFantasizer View Post
That's correctable, you know...
I'm trying, I'm trying! (Getting my wife through college and trying to buy 10 acres- plus I'm trying to find a non-running Ex to do as a project)...

You know you WANT an Ex when you post in "You know you drive an Ex when..." anyway!
Old 07-26-2014, 06:46 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
...when a forum member uses theirs as a channel marker to bring their boat ashore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpete View Post
I drove the Excursion to a boat rental place to take the kids tubing. We had a great time. When we were coming back in, I got confused as to which building to head toward to get to the rental place. Saw my big white Excursion sitting in the lot, better than a channel marker

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 07-26-2014, 06:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
atz, ditch, drive, excursion, fit, flatbed, ford, hawk, lift, lts, nc, pads, stuck, tow, winstonsalem