Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Senior User

Ex03AK is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
...when you walk into the room at work and the suburban owners fall silent in reverence...knowing they should not have been bragging on the size of their vehicles just before you walked in.
Sold to an excited first-time Excursion owner! '03 Excursion Eddie Bauer 4x4, V-10, 4.30LS, SCT X3 Tuner from 5-Star, Thorley Headers, Volant CAI, Flowmaster 70 BB II Muffler, Painted Super Duty Grille

Old 11-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Elder User

Paul T is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
When someone watching you load something into the back tells you they have never seen rear doors like that.

When you have to use scaffolding to wax the sides and top and allow about 8 hours to do it.
1988 F150 4x4 Short Bed 300-6
Old 11-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Senior User

Ex03AK is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
...when you look in the rear view mirror and can't recognize your own kids' faces in the third row seat because they're so far away.
Sold to an excited first-time Excursion owner! '03 Excursion Eddie Bauer 4x4, V-10, 4.30LS, SCT X3 Tuner from 5-Star, Thorley Headers, Volant CAI, Flowmaster 70 BB II Muffler, Painted Super Duty Grille

Old 11-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Postmaster

1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
When you have to use scaffolding to wax the sides and top and allow about 8 hours to do it.
Haha... good one. I don't have an Ex but my CC SD with a camper top pretty much has the same surface area when it comes to waxing. 8 hours is no joke and I definitely needed a ladder.

Here's mine -- When you need to haul 40 sticks of 7 foot long sections of aluminum material to a machine shop in VA, and none of the short bed Dodge trucks on site can haul it with the tailgate up, so you take the Ex. Not mine, but the company I work for has one in the fleet.

Click - My Super Duty Tech Articles
1975 Baja Bronco Project
1984 Ranger 4x4 R.I.P Nov 2007
Old 11-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Junior User

stux4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
when ya go out to the city for a night out an they charge you for 2 parking space !!!
Old 11-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Junior User

Dave Brawley is starting off with a positive reputation.
"You know you're driving an Excursion when you can step out into the parking lot of the largest mall in the country(1), on black friday, make a 2 second sweep, and say "Ah, there it is."

SO TRUE. Its parked right next to the row of surburbans, and looks like their daddy and his babies in the parking lot. I just say "who your daddy" when I look over the lot. "ah, there it is" the only one dare park next to me is another ex or a Prius that is nursing...

I got a remote start recently, so its usually running when I see it from a distance.. OH ya..
Old 11-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Junior User

Dave Brawley is starting off with a positive reputation.
When someone says "man that thing is big", and you say, "not really" and you are sincere..

When you climb into a surburban and feel cramped...

when you climb into a F350 4x4 dually four door longbed thats 24 feet long, and you think its really just a Excursion XL...

When you say" ah, it will pull it" and you really dont ask what it was, or really care..

When you build a 20 inch high cargo double deck and its 4 feet wide and 65 inches long and the second row is still in place..

When you put 8 people in a 4 captain chair setup comfortably.

After getting your butt chewed for something, you sit behind the wheel to regain your manhood..

When you lay on your crawler underneath it (with no lift/jack), and just study the suspension "just to know"
Old 11-28-2009, 11:24 PM
Posting Guru

UrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputation
You get used to MEN just stareing at your Excusion and WOMEN just shakeing their head.

When you fill-up you need two credit cards.

You can't get into a parking garage and if you can you can't get it between two cars.

You can't help but notice while setting at stop signs and red lights "How many people who never wash the roof of their car".
Old 11-29-2009, 06:13 AM
Freshman User

Ruby's X is starting off with a positive reputation.
When your waiting for a red light to turn green, and a little car rams another little car into your rear end, and after the police report, you drive away and two flat-beds come to take the two cars away.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Senior User

5280 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
when your wife thinks you have gone crazy because you are spending countless hours on FTE learning more and more about your Ex.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Freshman User

Snuffy2000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
When you drive cross country, with the whole family + dogs, never stay at a motel, and everyone sleeps comfortably.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Posting Guru

UrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputation
You know your in an Excusion when your setting at a stop sign and you see a car comming in your rear-view mirror and it pulls up squarely behind you and it dissapears.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:22 AM
Freshman User

Snuffy2000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
When your boss tells you not to park next to his full-sized GMC P/U because your truck makes his look small.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Senior User

Auburn_in is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Click the image to open in full size.

I like this. I've been thinking of getting a big rear window vinyl that says :

V10
mpg
Old 11-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Junior User

mgs is starting off with a positive reputation.
when the parking spaces at Sam's Club are too short so taking up 4 spaces is just normal.

when your 23ft boat looks small and it's time to go with a 30ft Offshore with twins!

when my friends ask where my stop sign is for "The Bus".

when my son & daughter call it "The Beast" after driving it.

when the gas station guys know you like at Cheers!......Mike!

when you realize you'll never need to own a pickup again....3 ton trailer hauls way more for $9 registration a year in PA.

when a 2 5/6" trailering ball seems small.

when washing the hood, windshield and roof you need to stand on your tires.

when you need a bigger air compressor to reach 65-80lbs tire pressure.

when the V10 looks normal under the hood!

when you forget your towing 7,000 lbs at 70mph without sway or a WD hitch.

when you worry about driving over smaller cars or big trucks don't look so big anymore.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:04 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
atz, ditch, drive, excursion, fit, flatbed, ford, hawk, lift, lts, nc, pads, stuck, tow, winstonsalem