Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Freshman User

sonicsaleen is starting off with a positive reputation.
Right Turn Signal dont work with headlights on!!HELP

Right Turn Signal dont work with headlights on!!HELP
Has anybody had this problem before, i know one other truck 08 f350 that has the same problem only other side.
My turn signal blinks fast on the right side but all lights work, when the headlights are on or parking lights the front right blinker doesnt work. I dont know what to do?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Senior User

R-T0r21on is starting off with a positive reputation.
Is it still under warranty? If yes, take it to the dealer. If not, try a new bulb.
Job #1 F-350 SRW, 6.4 PSD, Auto, 4x4, supercab, long bed, Line-X, Vent visors, AFE cold air intake, MBRP "cool duals" exhaust, Bed locker electric retractable tonneau cover, Kenwood DNX-9980HD Nav. stereo w/ backup camera, Titan 60 gal. tank, Readylift leveling kit, 5" rear spring blocks, Banks intercooler, Spartan 275 hp DOC/DPF delete tune.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Freshman User

sonicsaleen is starting off with a positive reputation.
The bulb works, No warranty
Old 11-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Post Fiend

69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of
If all the bulbs are good you probably have a bad flasher
2007 Thor Jazz 5er, 11k dry weight, 31'
173rd Abn. RVN.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:53 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
sounds like the flasher to me if it is flashing really fast. Change that and then tell us if that fixed it.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 11-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Senior User

ssharber is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ssharber is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My '08 has gone through about 6 rear bulbs in 40,000 miles. Usually its the left turn signal, but the right one does it also, just not as much. The brake and tail light portion of the bulb works (notice, the rear has only one bulb for brake, turn and tail), but the turn is the one that goes. And there are heat marks at the base of the bulb. Like it was sitting on a heater. Scorch marks actually. I had it looked at and was told that was normal. BS. So now I carry a pack of bulbs and a nutdriver with me. In fact, yesterday I hit the blinker and she started the fast dance, which is my indication that the bulb has blown the flasher portion. Changed it out and I'm good for another 8k or so. Ridiculous I know, but with the dealer stating its normal, even though I dont believe them, I have no recourse. Tired of arguing with these guys.

'08 CC Lariat Job#1
Old 11-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Senior User

kane gray is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssharber View Post
My '08 has gone through about 6 rear bulbs in 40,000 miles. Usually its the left turn signal, but the right one does it also, just not as much. The brake and tail light portion of the bulb works (notice, the rear has only one bulb for brake, turn and tail), but the turn is the one that goes. And there are heat marks at the base of the bulb. Like it was sitting on a heater. Scorch marks actually. I had it looked at and was told that was normal. BS. So now I carry a pack of bulbs and a nutdriver with me. In fact, yesterday I hit the blinker and she started the fast dance, which is my indication that the bulb has blown the flasher portion. Changed it out and I'm good for another 8k or so. Ridiculous I know, but with the dealer stating its normal, even though I dont believe them, I have no recourse. Tired of arguing with these guys.
You must have a short. The dealers don't care enough sometimes to look for the real problem. I would just track the harness going up to that light, and look for any points where it could be pinched, or rubbing. Just an idea.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:13 AM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssharber View Post

Should be pretty easy to remove the light and fixture and look at those wires to see if they are rubbing.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 11-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

WhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant future
moved to Super Duty
"The next time some actor or rock star tells you what to think, tell them to **** off." - Dennis DeYoung
Old 11-27-2009, 09:46 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2002, blinker, bulb, dont, f350, ford, headlights, problem, rear, signal, signals, truck, turn, work, working