Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Senior User

eddiemoney is starting off with a positive reputation.
Getting my paint defects fixed.

So I decided to go get some factory paint defects fixed. looking what to look for.

1st explanation of defects.

1) Edge of hood (side up by cowl) is rough, like smeared clear.
2) Small piece of metal? sticking out from metal roof/putty seam. This small piece is rusting, weird. . .
3) Rear hatch - Both bottom, toward car outer edges have rough clearcoat/paint that looks awful. Additionally at the top of the door there is a large "blob" of paint runoff at the top of the door.

2nd What to look for
I know to document everything before I take it in. What else do I need to be looking for?
Old 11-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I would look at all seams and edges, bottoms of doors, etc for any rust/bubbles. Park your washed car in the garage and use a florescent light at the roof for any small bubbles, rust, etc. I wouldn't worry about paint runs or minor clear coat imperfections in the door jams-that might be too picky.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:21 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
I lived this nightmare with a '95 T-bird. The clear coat was creeping over every knife edge on the car not to mention paint runs and general imperfections.

I noticed on my '04 Expy that the paint in the roof seems was missing. I had them spray the seems.

Also what is notorious on Ford trucks is t he way they drain rain water form the front of the truck. The drainage / rain gutters from the hood spill all the water over the grill. I had them replace my grill as the chrome was tarnished from excessive rain drainage. Check it out.

Tim
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 01-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Postmaster

Did you ever get these fixed?

Old 01-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Senior User

I did, they did a wonderful job, even fixed a door which wasn't adjusted appropriately.

As an added bonus they gave me a small container of touch up paint, as they had extra mixed, and they detailed the whole truck.

Anyone in Iowa that needs a good Ford shop, I can hook you up with where I went.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:13 AM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
wish I'd had your luck

I just recently found some more paint flaws on my roof last week. I'm debating getting it fixed using my own $$$.

Last time I trusted Ford, my Expy was gone for 40+ days
Old 01-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemoney View Post
I did, they did a wonderful job, even fixed a door which wasn't adjusted appropriately.

As an added bonus they gave me a small container of touch up paint, as they had extra mixed, and they detailed the whole truck.

Anyone in Iowa that needs a good Ford shop, I can hook you up with where I went.
Nice to hear.

What was the problem with the door?

Old 01-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylus View Post
wish I'd had your luck

I just recently found some more paint flaws on my roof last week. I'm debating getting it fixed using my own $$$.

Last time I trusted Ford, my Expy was gone for 40+ days
What are the flaws in the roof?

Old 01-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Senior User

I had a door that just shut harder than the rest, they showed me how it wasn't adjusted right from the factory. Now it shuts like a dream.

Also my tail defects were from the filler/goo they put in the door to seal it. They didn't clean it up.

I also had two roof defects, both random stuff that had gotten into the sealer seam.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:36 PM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by berry1234 View Post
What are the flaws in the roof?
looks like a crack in the paint...in every single one of the roof channels. each of the channels has several cracks that are 4-5" long.

I cleaned them out and did a thick coating of wax for now...but it's just a matter of time for the rusting.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:36 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
1978, 1997, 2003, cowl, defect, defects, expedition, f150, factory, fixed, ford, hood, imperfection, paint, touch, truck