Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Senior User

Husky44 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Grill emblem (blue oval) replacement options?

The front of my truck (05 Ex limited V10) has taken a tremendous beating from rock chips, etc. I had the front bumper powder-coated a few weeks ago, because the factory paint had chipped and the bumper was rusting badly.

That part's fixed, but my grill emblem (the blue oval in the middle) looks like crap. It's like the plastic outer lamination is separating and cloudy/pockmarked.

Anyone know of any cool aftermarket emblems, either direct replacement, quality stickons, ???

Other Fords: 67 Mustang vert restomod, 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
Old 11-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Elder User

dvldog458 has a good reputation on FTE.dvldog458 has a good reputation on FTE.dvldog458 has a good reputation on FTE.
I went with a decal overlay.

Click the image to open in full size.
2004 Excursion Limited 4x4 w/ 6.0L SCT X3 (Elite Diesel) A-1 H-11 head studs, EGR Delete kit, 8" BDS and 2.5" shackle lift w/ 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers, MBRP 409 Turbo back, Dieselsite Coolant filter kit, NJ Chapter
SEMPER FI
Old 11-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Post Fiend

LMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputation
Try www.patriotdecals.com.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Elder User

cficare is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks for the link! I see I can get the King Ranch "Flying W" to match the emblems on my 20" OEM wheels. Cool stuff!
Old 11-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Junior User

05ExcursionLTD is starting off with a positive reputation.
I also have an 05 X V10 and my Ford emblem did the same thing. Does anyone know if the emblem can be bought separately from Ford or do you have to get the complete grill?

David C.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Junior User

excursionism is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky44 View Post
The front of my truck (05 Ex limited V10) has taken a tremendous beating from rock chips, etc. I had the front bumper powder-coated a few weeks ago, because the factory paint had chipped and the bumper was rusting badly.

That part's fixed, but my grill emblem (the blue oval in the middle) looks like crap. It's like the plastic outer lamination is separating and cloudy/pockmarked.

Anyone know of any cool aftermarket emblems, either direct replacement, quality stickons, ???
must be the 5 yr/100K warranty because mine's doing the same thing.

Ford Oval Emblem Vinyl Decals Pinstriping Ford Focus Sport Trac Decals SVT Lightning Mustang Sport Vehicle Graphics
Old 11-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Post Fiend

LMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputation
The oval emblems are available themselves. Try Y2K FORD PARTS (Ed the parts guy), FTE sponsor, link above
Old 11-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Posting Guru

Forest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to behold
I purchased this new from the dealer. Maybe $40(?). Can't remember.

'05 Excursion Limited 4x4 6.0L PSD >162,000 miles
ARP Studs, SCT, Coolant filter, MBRP 4", Banks Techni-Cooler, Blue Spring, V/B w/RAS; Hellwig; Red Head; Bilsteins; Michelin M/S2 on 18"x8" 04 Ford wheels; Kenwood DNX9960 w/Rear Camera ; Propride 3P on Arctic Fox 32D
Old 03-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Junior User

05MilMachine is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thread resurrection...

My 05's front emblem was peeling and the blue was coming off. I am going to overlay it with a decal, Thanks for the links! In the meantime, I took some Acetone on a rag and carefully removed all of the coating and color from it. Be super careful as it will remove paint from whatever you get it on. I now have a very shiny Ford emblem on the grille. Cool. I remember doing this trick to some old F150 side emblems to turn them chrome. Ford had an issue with all their trucks emblems flaking off in this era.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Post Fiend

Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Post a pic of the stripped emblem.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Junior User

It does have a dent in it, and a bit of the clear left to remove from around the edges of it, but here it is. A big improvement from half blue half faded IMHO

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Post Fiend

Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
I kinda like that. If the written 'Ford' was contrasted just a bit by sanding it or something I think it would look good.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Post Fiend

I've had the Tonka black and red overlays on my F250 for 2 years now and they hold up well, look just like when installed. Perhaps Ford should ask Patriot what materials they use.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
http://www.fordemblems.com/, try this site
Gerry- re-ordered 2015 F350 Platinum, 2006 F350 Lariat Superduty FX4 6.0L for sale, white crew cab,.... Slackmaster #23
2006 Mustang Vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River SandPiper 345RET 39ft Fiver
Old 03-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Junior User

What I really want is a black ford emblem for the grille. Since this one is dented already, I may experiment with painting it myself, just masking off the script will suck.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:42 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
150, 2006, blue, emblem, emblems, f250, ford, front, grill, grille, options, oval, overlays, replacement, truck