Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Cover

Old 11-11-2009, 12:59 PM
95FordTruck02
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tire Cover

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I wasn't able to find anything in a search. Is there anyone that still produces the original rear tire covers for a 95 Eddie Bauer? I would like the eddie bauer one, but the normal ford bronco would work as well. The only luck I've had are a few normal ones on eBay, and nothing for EB edition. Any ideas/thoughts are helpful. Thanks.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:30 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to FTE and the Big Bronco Forum. We will endeavor to get you the most accurate information we can muster.

We just had a question about tracking down a cover from a Silver Anniversary edition You might check out this thread. The guy was talking about having a cover made to match the OEM. You might check with him. He may have a source for having this done.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:24 AM
ejraney
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to try to find a blank tire cover that is as close to the same color and we have a place near me that does embordery work to do the wording on it. If you know what it looks like and better yet can find a pic like greaystreak was able to find for me, that may be an option.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:05 AM
95FordTruck02
Junior User
Thanks for the quick replies! Looks like these things are in pretty good demand... someone ought to produce these things, they would make a killing! Unless I get lucky with ebay or craigslist, I think I will eventually go the route of having one made. If you don't mind, maybe you can post some pictures of how it turns out.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:23 PM
95FordTruck02
Junior User
So to follow up if it will help anyone in the same boat - I had been watching ebay and finally got an eddie bauer cover that was in decent shape for about 50 bucks. It needs some work, but after having watched one nice one sell for over 200 bucks I decided it was well worth it. Check it often as they randomly show up.

Another idea I had was to contact people selling their broncos - you never know, they may part with their cover if the price is right.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:03 AM
bduff007
Junior User
Dealer had them a few years back. Bought a replacement for my '78. It was for a '96 XLT Bronco with 267/75 R15 tire. Black with the white lettering, it was a vendor part and took 6 weeks or so to get it. Price hurt, about $200, but it was new. Had to justify it somehow.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:05 AM
GlennFordx4
Posting Guru
I just started looking for one for my 93 EB as I just had a flat and when I removed my cover it just fell apart. I can't afford $200 on a cover so I will just pick up a cheap one for now unless Santa brings me one.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:18 AM
bigskymt
Senior User
I found this.. it says OEM "Style" so it probably isn't factory:

OEM Style Tire Cover Black "BRONCO"

Old 01-02-2010, 03:43 PM
deadeyedevon
Posting Guru
man..my old 89 custom had an EB tire cover on it,..i dont know what i did with it. if i find it its yours, i gotta dig thru the shed

Old 06-19-2011, 10:51 PM
FLCrackerTracker
Junior User
I know this thread is back from the "dead" but I am currently working with a tire cover company to make a new spare tire cover for me that will fit over my 33X12.5X15's.
I wanted my tire cover to look exactly like the old style Bronco covers... and wondered if there was an interest here.
If there is enough interest...I will throw a group buy at them and see if they will reduce their price.
Obviously I will have to get one to actually see if they are worth it. I am waiting for one more answer from them, and then I'm ordering one.
I have no financial interest in this at all.

Here is one reply I got via email....

"Hi, The price of a Bronco tire cover will be $79.74. This particular tire cover will be made with a stencil and will be screen printed.
Our covers are normally digitally printed. We can make any size tire cover you need"

Old 06-21-2011, 12:07 AM
deadeyedevon
Posting Guru
any chance they could do the white with black letters? id be interested either way.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:16 AM
FLCrackerTracker
Junior User
Originally Posted by deadeyedevon
any chance they could do the white with black letters? id be interested either way.
I emailed them regarding...and will be waiting for the one I had set up....to be completed and delivered.

Here is a bit of info about their covers...

*All products come with a one year warranty!
*Our covers are made from rugged marine grade vinyl. Not The Cheap Stuff! Marine grade vinyl is the same stuff used to make boat seats!
*All images are printed using top of the line UV resistant solvent inks that actually etch into the vinyl. This means the image will not flake off like air brushed or painted tire covers. Our inks are rated up to five years!
*Our tire covers are secured with a 90 test pound rope that can be pulled as tightly as needed to obtain the desired fit. We don't use elastic cords that stretch and let air under your cover that will blow your tire cover off of the tire when traveling on the highway.
*We can make a cover for any size tire. We make each cover here in our shop to fit the size of the tire it is going on. Most other places make you pick your tire size from a chart that only offers 5 or 6 standard sizes. These sizes increase by 2 inch intervals and often stop at 30 inches. This means chances are you will receive a loose fitting cover that is to big for the tire.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:16 AM
deadeyedevon
Posting Guru
sweet,let me know. that price is better than the $175 ive seen on other sites

Old 06-21-2011, 08:09 PM
FLCrackerTracker
Junior User
Originally Posted by deadeyedevon
sweet,let me know. that price is better than the $175 ive seen on other sites
Straight from the company...
Hi, We can do the white cover with the black lettering, but it will be 15.00 dollar's more. White vinyl is a lot more expensive.
Thank you, Jackie

All I am doing now is waiting for mine to be completed...and I will post up pics...and a detailed review.
Also...if any vendor here is interested in carrying these covers... I paid the set up fees (mine cost me $154.00) to have mine made.
This now allows everyone to get theirs at the above cost.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:48 PM
deadeyedevon
Posting Guru
right on, hit me with the link or email. when you gettin yours?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire Cover