Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Postmaster

empiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to all
Edge 2010 in service

Wondering how many people here can give me some insight. 2 years ago I got my wife an 08 Escape. It was not the vehicle we thought it would be, so the second a good trade opportunity came up, we went for it.

Last wednesday (11/4/09) we picked up a 2010 Edge that we traded it in for. We were very excited as the Edge has much tighter steering and almost 0 road noised compared to the Escape. Everything was great until friday morning.

A small squeak started somewhere in the Front end. Reminded my of my 1981 Granada. It got progressively worse over the weekend and yesterday morning we took it to the dealer.

It is still there and they have not been able to isolate and fix the problem. AKAIK, they have replaced some bushings and greased everything, but it still sounds like an old car's suspension.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this with an Edge? What can we expect if they cannot fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Please, do not text & drive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwfq7Igvxc

-David
Old 11-11-2009, 11:21 AM
NY CHAPTER LDR

tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Sorry to say that I have not experienced this with our '08 Edge or have heard anyone having this issue.
Official #2 Slackmaster & Pyroslacker Extraordinaire

To Join The NEW YORK CHAPTER CLICK HERE

7th Annual FTE Mid Atlantic Meet/ATNs at Carlisle, PA Information
Old 11-14-2009, 12:15 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
Sorry to say that I have not experienced this with our '08 Edge or have heard anyone having this issue.
X2 wifes Edge is squeek free... Try another Dealership if current one can locate squeek / rattle. Edge has been a nice family vehilce..Peppy too.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/5-Sta...92086367552400
Old 11-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Postmaster

empiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to all
Thanks guys. We got it back on 11/12/09, and they said it was the steering stabilizer that needed to be replaced. It was squeak free up until 11-11-09, but it is not back at the dealer. The squeak returned in the same exact way.

We cannot go another week without it, and have asked the dealer to look into some options. We still have not even gone through the free tank of gas it came with, and it is in service again with less than 300 miles on the odometer. They cannot locate the problem and cannot assure the safety of the vehicle.

We really like the edge over the escape, but I fear the one we chose may be a lemon.

-David
Old 11-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Postmaster

Update, got it back 11/17 and have had close to two squeak free days. Hopefully the problem is fixed for sure this time.

-David
Old 11-19-2009, 04:26 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers

Tags
2008, 2010, custom, edge, escape, ford, squeek, tuning, versus