General Automotive Discussion

NASCAR 2009!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 03:29 PM
hotroddually
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NASCAR 2009!!!

most here know that I'm a huge Nascar fan. i watch the races every weekend, if i can't watch the race live i will tape it. this year has been really great. My wife is a big #5 Mark Martin fan. i like him too. i also like the entire Hendrick motorsport team (#48Jimmie J, #24 Jeff Gordon, and #88 Dale Earnhardt Jr.) i know what you are going to say, "those guys all drive chevys". I'm sorry but I'm more into the drivers and their personalities,and driving styles than the type of car they are running. i hope this year that Mark Martin wins the championship. simply because he is a great driver and person that deserves to win. He is a former Jack Roush (ford)driver too. he has come close to winning the championship more than once or twice. in my opinion , its his turn to win. On the other hand,Jimmie Johnson has won 3 back to back championships. this was only done once before in the mid to late 1970's. so because of its historical content, it would be cool for Jimmie J to win his unprecedented 4th in a row season championship. no matter how this year ends, i will still enjoy Nascar racing! My wife Heather and I live in Maple Ridge British Columbia,Canada. we have been blessed with being able to travel to Daytona in 2008 to watch the race,and to Las Vegas in 2009 to watch that race. We are hoping to go to Phoenix in 2010 to watch a race there. As Candians,we come across many other Canadians that are fans too.When we talk about our trips to watch Nascar racing,many people are surprised to hear we have been to a couple races down south. in 2005 we were in Las Vegas for our first time. We both went to the track mid week and both took the Richard Petty driving experience. thats when Heather became a fan of Nascar. the new Nascar Hall of Fame center is a place we would love to see one day also. Well,i hope you all enjoy this year in racing. its coming to an end soon. i will miss the racing for the winter months. i will be waiting for the start in Daytona in Feb.2010. Cheers !

Old 11-09-2009, 09:46 AM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey Hotrod,

In this sport you have to pick the guy you like not the car manufacturer. If you ever come down to louden let me know. I'll toss some burgers on the grill for you guys.

We camp there for both races.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:36 AM
hotroddually
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Tony. If we get down to your area,we will look you up. Camping out ,and watching both races! I'm envious.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:59 AM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by hotroddually
Thanks Tony. If we get down to your area,we will look you up. Camping out ,and watching both races! I'm envious.
The racin's been awesome at louden.The double file restarts have made it way better.