1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Are You A True Member Of The Brotherhood?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 12:36 AM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Talk about yer' irony!

I was somewhere near the forefront of the concept of "FTE Brotherhood". It struck me as being so true when the (now unknown) guy mentioned how we interact with each other that I had to bring it to the forefront in my original post that Jim referenced in Post #1 of this thread.

Funny, but I personally don't qualify for one of the stickers. I have done only low-key, reliability mods to mine. My performance is only stock, and everything I have done has been solo here in the driveway. Simple things like this stuff: SpringerPop's F-350

Though I am quick to offer help if requested, I am slow to ask for help. It's my nature to be as self-reliant as I can be. It's not that I don't enjoy company, I just prefer to do for myself what I can.

So, though we often get together socially here in SoCal (SteveBricks is a great chapter leader), I haven't worked on anybody's truck in cooperation with other Brotherhood members. Technically, I don't qualify for a Brotherhood sticker.

Just the same, last week Jim asked me if I'd like an "advance copy" and I told him I'd be proud.

And I AM proud to be one of this very special Brotherhood! You guys are just like my siblings.

Pop

Old 11-07-2009, 01:05 AM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
O O O O O I want one

Old 11-07-2009, 04:30 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
Talk about yer' irony!

I was somewhere near the forefront of the concept of "FTE Brotherhood".
"Somewhere near"???

LOLOLOL! You were the lead cat, Marv! The first man through the door. The advance scout. Tha vanguard!

If not for you being so kind as to check out the IC and trans cooler for me after I PM'd ya, then being generous enough to buy them for me and allow me to send you a check, you would have never met the guy who coined the phrase for us!

"Somewhere near"...

Put the sticker on your truck Marv. For the simple action of helping me out, you and your truck qualify!

Stewart

Old 11-07-2009, 04:34 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by weekendwarriorfsw32
O O O O O I want one
You gotta own your own truck first, Nick. But we can send one to your dad!

Stewart

Old 11-07-2009, 07:52 AM
farmdad
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marv, that sticker ought to be good for a 50 hp mod and Jim helped you get it.....

Old 11-07-2009, 08:25 AM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by farmdad
Marv, that sticker ought to be good for a 50 hp mod and Jim helped you get it.....

IMO Pop is the founding father of the Brotherhood. After all he is the one that posted the thread that placed the idea in my noggin.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:56 AM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I know that I don't qualify for the sticker now, but I do feel that I am part of the "Brotherhood." I may not be able to crawl all over these big beast that we love so well, but my legs can do the running for parts and tools like I did in Tennesee. But just wait till the next TN meet. The "Brothers" had better be prepared. I am planning on arriving a few days earlier and I have a big list of things I want to do to my rig. Like a tune, new sticks and whatever else that we will need to make it run better. All I can say is Clay and Ed, better bring some toys as I am going to need a few. I am tired of those drudges and scubbies driving away from me on the hills. Saving up the bucks for it now.

One thing, I hope they have the showers fixed at the campground. That water was "disappearing b****" COLD!

Old 11-07-2009, 10:14 AM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by pmasley
One thing, I hope they have the showers fixed at the campground. That water was "disappearing b****" COLD!

Too funny Paul.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by megawatt00
IMO Pop is the founding father of the Brotherhood. After all he is the one that posted the thread that placed the idea in my noggin.
I guess that makes me the founding brother?

Stewart

Old 11-07-2009, 01:27 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Jim,

I most certainly am not the originator of this feeling of camaraderie that we all enjoy. YOU have more to do with the spirit we feel around here than most.

We have been "brothers" in this adventure in vehicle care and improvement since we each joined this forum and found other kindred souls. There is no single founder. WE are it, collectively.

The (now nameless) guy that first verbalized it only recognized it for what it already was. I merely passed it on to the rest of you. In the same manner that we don't shoot the bearer of bad news, we don't canonize the bearer of good.

If we need to find "the father", let's go back and find the first guy that said, "Hey, I've got one of those, and I'll send it to you, gratis." Even then, giving away the stuff we no longer need isn't what started the spirit of "brotherhood" here.

All I know is, it wasn't me. But thanks, anyway.....

And yes, Stewart, I'll consider picking up your stuff as "helping" with a project. I hadn't thought of that. I feel better being "legitimately" in!

Pop

Old 11-07-2009, 01:45 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Perhaps it's just a matter of convenience. Jim was looking for the father of the brotherhood. You've got to admit a name like Pop, kind of lends itself to the cause.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:39 PM
PlatinumPete
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mueckster
Looks good, Pete. I can see it just fine.

Thanks Roland, and I know there's nothing wrong with your vision, along with your never ending wealth of information. Needless to say, you were right, NAPA didn't have that adapter Jim called you about, but we found a place that will.........when they open on monday Thanks again Roland

Old 11-07-2009, 05:15 PM
RedBoat
Rather Be Floatin

I personally don't qualify for one of the stickers either. My performance is only stock, except for the DP and everything I have done has been done by myself. I get a real feeling of satisfaction after fixing easy stuff on my truck, but if I ever have any questions or run into any problems I know where to go to get great advice - FTE

I would be quick to offer help if requested, and if I ever get a call from a RHN buddy needing help I wont hesitate in getting anything I can to help a brother out.

I would be proud to have on of those stickers on my rear window but unfortunately ...........

Old 11-07-2009, 07:10 PM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by PlatinumPete
Thanks Roland, and I know there's nothing wrong with your vision, along with your never ending wealth of information. Needless to say, you were right, NAPA didn't have that adapter Jim called you about, but we found a place that will.........when they open on monday Thanks again Roland
Sorry to hear you didn't find that fitting today. I wish I could have been more help. Did y'all get everything else hooked up alright?

Old 11-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Smokin'
Smokin
I don't think I meet the qualifications of being a part of this either.

It's all good, maybe I'll earn it next year.

Quick Reply: Are You A True Member Of The Brotherhood?