Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Marketplace > Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys This is the place to check out offers from FTE sponsors. Non-sponsor vendors may not post here.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2009, 07:12 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

DP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to behold
Remote Live Tuning coming soon from DP-Tuner!

DP-Tuner is excited to be offering remote live tuning in 2010. This will entail us shipping you all of the hardware necessary so that I can remotely live tune your truck. We are offering this for guys that are not able to attend any of the live tuning events setup for me around the country.

We are finalizing all of the costs so stay TUNED for more details.

Call for more Information

Jody

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 11-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Freshman User

PassengerDan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Subscribing to this thread!
Will this include 5.4 Navigators?
I'm thinking of going boost!
Old 11-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Freshman User

Will this include the 5.4 DOHC?
I'm thinking about boosting my '01 Navigator.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:02 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

DP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassengerDan View Post
Will this include the 5.4 DOHC?
I'm thinking about boosting my '01 Navigator.
We can do it for other Ford models. At the moment, we are only offering this type of live tuning for the 7.3l Diesel's. Check with back us. You never know, we could be doing this for other ford models sooner then we expect.
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 11-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Still learning every day!

F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
So exactly how do you do this "live" tuning from a remote location, Diane? The technology aspect of this has intrigued me.
Pete (F250_) -- PAA#19
'02 F250 PSD, CC, SB, XLT, 2WD: 252K miles
Basic, low cost, not really performance enhancing mods.
'03 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) PSD, 2WD, 176K miles - Stock.
http://guzzle.rbmicro.com/7pt3/Mods.html
Old 11-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Snowboard season cometh..

papadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to behold
man oh man... y'all sure know how to throw a carrot out there, coated in honey and as addictive as crack!!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Post Fiend

bdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by F250_ View Post
So exactly how do you do this "live" tuning from a remote location, Diane? The technology aspect of this has intrigued me.
Pete, I am thinking the mad scientist has figured a way to use Laplink, mobile broadband, and his emulator to get the job done. A mobile web conference could also be added. With the new 4G networks that are going live in the near future, there will be minimal variance from real time.

I am very intrigued by the technical aspects of this project.
PAA MEMBER # 7.3, 99.5 CC,4X4,SB, leveled,live tuned by Jody,1.15 van turbo w ATS housing,6.0 IC,AFE big boost filter, Petes Armour,fuel bowl delete,black MBRP stacks, 02 headlights,F650 dash, 16x10 MT wheels, 35" tires,and a bunch other stuff that wont fit in my sig. 425K and counting.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:24 AM
Freshman User

Well, I can't speak for the original poster, but in the Ford Focus world there are several tuners that send you a 'base' file, you upload it to your ECM with a device like a DiabloSport or XCal, then test drive at various throttle positions and loads and log while you drive. You then send your test drive log to the tuner and they analyze the data and send another file.
This is done multiple times until the 'tune' is spot on.
There are several experienced tuners that are able to get within 98% of perfect power and driveability.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:03 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrummonds View Post
Pete, I am thinking the mad scientist has figured a way to use Laplink, mobile broadband, and his emulator to get the job done. A mobile web conference could also be added. With the new 4G networks that are going live in the near future, there will be minimal variance from real time.

I am very intrigued by the technical aspects of this project.
From Jody's IT background he has found away to do this. It won't be easy at first. It will take a few times to get a rhythm of doing live tuning this way. We're practicing now to be ready in 2010. Good thing for Jody he is use to the hurry up and wait syndrome from working on computers for 20+ years. Thank goodness he has a lot of patience with computers.

This will not replace him being in your truck. We see it more of a follow up to a live tuning session or a mini live tune session with him.

Yes, Brandon it will be similar to what you stated as to how it's done.

Diane
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 12-11-2009, 03:12 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Just some adding some details.

We will be sending you hardware for full on emulation, a laptop or net-book and a wireless card so no additional cell phone charges will be acquired by you. Once you get this a time will be set up at both yours and Jody's most convenient time for the remote live tuning.

Price is still being discussed. It will likely be in the area of what is to come here for live tuning with a damages fee for any damaged hardware during live tuning. This will be immediately reimbursed upon receiving the remote live tuning hardware back. :thumb:

Diane
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 12-11-2009, 03:12 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Marketplace > Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys

Tags
canadian, cost, dp, dptuner, general, insurance, laptop, lifelegacy, live, md, powered, premier, truck, tune, tuner, tuners, vbulletin