Large Truck My truck is bigger than yours. The forum for 2+ ton trucks (all years), COE's, Louisville's, Big-Job's etc.

We need some Heavy Duty Truck Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 07:48 AM
mount_vernon_mike
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
posted already in a couple of places but wanting to toss my '75 F-600 4x4 into the pile

lots more pics here

Old 07-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Unimogr
New User
Former Vermont fire truck now a flat bed. 1983, F8000, 5/2 speed, 14' bed, 35,000GVW. F8000

Old 08-21-2013, 12:44 PM
babs.demo.const
New User

My 1962 C600 the day after I brought her home.

Me with the 62.

Interior

Stickers I had made for all the trucks.

Loadin her up gettin ready to go from the jobsite to the dump.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:48 PM
ms_michelle
Elder User
Getting things ready to go.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:10 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looking damn good there MS. What's with the extra fuel tank?
Did ya find a really good deal on Diesel?

Like maybe the wrong colored stuff from the Farm machinery tank?

Just kidding. It's all good

Old 09-04-2013, 06:55 AM
Pete Kildow
Senior User
Originally Posted by ms_michelle

Great looking truck there for sure.
Pete

Old 09-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Pete Kildow
Senior User

Would you by chance have a pic of the sleeper control panel and what switch does what? The pics of it with the Stand up sleeper looks like the same sleeper I have on my F800.
Pete

Old 09-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The truck is looking sweet as always, Michelle.

I love that C600!!

Old 09-04-2013, 11:32 AM
ms_michelle
Elder User
Originally Posted by arctic y block
Looking damn good there MS. What's with the extra fuel tank?
Did ya find a really good deal on Diesel?

Like maybe the wrong colored stuff from the Farm machinery tank?

Just kidding. It's all good
The extra fuel take is an interesting question. That tank represents a lot of history. The truck in the picture below is one we bought new in 1986. The truck was sold in 91 to a guy in Corpus Christi Texas and I never saw it again until last year. I had looked for the truck for a couple of years wanted to restore it back to the way it looked when we had it. I finally gave up and bought the one in the picture above out of California. It was a clean rust free truck that never saw salt. I had told a friend that about the time I got it looking like I wanted I would probably find our old truck. The day after I got the sleeper installed I got a call from a friend at Truck Salvage in Houston wanting to know if I needed any LTL parts, he said he had an LTL that was driven into the yard and while it was a rough truck it was in one piece and drivable. When he sent me pictures of it, I called him back and let him know that was our old truck. So I ended up with my old truck, but it was junk. It had been leased to a company in PA. and had lots of rust in the floor of the cab, all along the drip rails, the hood and front fenders were busted up. The trucks was not worth restoring and add that to the fact that I had already put money into the California truck and got it like I wanted. I did buy the truck and ended up parting it out and using a lot of the interior parts that was still good in my California truck. The fuel tank came off of my old LTL and had good straight tank brackets on it. On the LTL that I have restored the right fuel tank had a bent fuel tank bracket and the tank tilted down toward the front. When the picture was made I was taking the tank with the brackets to a friends place and he was going to install the new brackets for me and get the tank straight. So now I will have more piece of my old truck with me. I might add that when I bought the truck from the salvage yard, I only bought the cab and the sleeper, they gave me the hood too but I only striped usable parts off of it and scrapped the rest of it.

The LTL that we bought new in 86.

The truck when it was drove into the salvage yard.

Hauling what was left of my truck home. Note the fuel tank and you will see that it is lower on the front than the rear.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:56 AM
ms_michelle
Elder User
Originally Posted by Pete Kildow
Would you by chance have a pic of the sleeper control panel and what switch does what? The pics of it with the Stand up sleeper looks like the same sleeper I have on my F800.
Pete
This is the panel in the sleeper. The top row is a light to light the panel and a slug for a clock, the second row is the switch for both the panel light and the reading light. The third row is the A/C heat switch, the blower switch and the thermostat for the A/C and heater.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:58 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Are ya gonna redo your old sleeper and put in on the restored LTL?

I have worked trucks that looked a lot worse than the one in the salvage yard.
But up here back in the day before DOT ever came to my Island we did so many
things different. Heck I drove for three years for Georgia Pacific before they had me get a CDL.
And that was without a driving test as there was no way to do that here. And still isn't.
Still no real DOT. Just a couple of Trooper that really have other things to do.
But about once a year they come down from Anchorage with there jump scales.
It didn't take us very long to learn how to bust them.
I found out it ain't good to "**** off Mother DOT".

Old 09-04-2013, 03:16 PM
ms_michelle
Elder User
Originally Posted by arctic y block
Are ya gonna redo your old sleeper and put in on the restored LTL?

I have worked trucks that looked a lot worse than the one in the salvage yard.
But up here back in the day before DOT ever came to my Island we did so many
things different. Heck I drove for three years for Georgia Pacific before they had me get a CDL.
And that was without a driving test as there was no way to do that here. And still isn't.
Still no real DOT. Just a couple of Trooper that really have other things to do.
But about once a year they come down from Anchorage with there jump scales.
It didn't take us very long to learn how to bust them.
I found out it ain't good to "**** off Mother DOT".
I gave a lot of thought about redoing the 80 inch Weldon sleeper and putting it on my truck but I have decided that it is not worth the effort. The interior is totally trashed out and it would have to be completely redone starting from the rotted out floor to the headliner. The sleeper that is on my truck is a KW sleeper and is a much better sleeper than the Weldon. Had I found my old sleeper first I would have probably rebuilt it, but it would be a major effort to do it now that I have cut the back of the cab to fit the KW sleeper.

If I had found my old truck before I bought the LTL from California I would have probably put another cab on it and either had the hood and fenders repaired or bought another front end for it. When I found my old truck, I had already finished the California truck and it would have been cost prohibitive to abandon it and start over with my old truck.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Old Reliable
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gotta say I do like the look of those LTLs

Old 09-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Pete Kildow
Senior User
This is the panel in the sleeper. The top row is a light to light the panel and a slug for a clock, the second row is the switch for both the panel light and the reading light. The third row is the A/C heat switch, the blower switch and the thermostat for the A/C and heater.

Should have put the controls for the Weldon sleeper controls?

Left 2 switches have no ideal what there for? The next switch is the light in the top of the sleeper then the Fan control for the AC and heat in the sleeper then the next switch no ideal again figure its for a light somewhere that I have no ideal where.
Searching for a new panel that or may just build my own without the ashtray. Have some wood that would make a nice one. All the panels in the sleeper is like what is behind the control panel. Still has all the snap panels for the closet and all storage spaces around the top of the sleeper. But nothing to close off the sleeper if you were going to use it for a nap.
Need to find the chrome trim around the bottom of the sleeper likes on yours, and a handle on drivers side next to the sleeper door. Pass side is on this one but drivers side is missing. Its a 60" Stand up sleeper.
Pete

Old 09-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Chicago Fire Patrol
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is a pic of my grandfather's 51 F7 Big Job. I just completed a 5-year restoration of it. Here is my FTE restoration thread link:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post10175791 Its rather lengthy but interesting.

Colorized 1954 photo taken in Chicago IL

Same truck May 2013

Quick Reply: We need some Heavy Duty Truck Pics!