Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

2nd Annual Highway Heritage Car Show, Collinsville, Oklahoma.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 10:41 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 06-Sep-02 AT 11:46 AM (EST)]The 2nd Annual Highway Heritage Car, Truck and Motorcycle Show is coming up on Saturday, Sept 21 in downtown Collinsville.
The show will feature a DJ, door prizes, walking poker run and other fun events for everyone attending.
Trophies will be awarded to the top three place finishers in 42 classes in a judged show. Additional trophies for best paint, best interior and best engine along with vendor and celebrity trophies will be presented. Host cars will be displayed, but not judged.
Registration will be from 3-6pm and will cost $15. Goodie bags will be available for the first 75 registrants. T-shirts will also be available for purchase.
For information, please call (918)493-4235.

I'm very tempted to put my restored 78 F150 in this show. Maybe I'll see some of ya'll there.

This event is sponsored by Tulsa Vette Set. The show flyer is available for download here: http://www.tulsavetteset.com/events/collinsville02/Highway%20Heritage%20Flyer.doc

-Ron

Old 09-10-2002, 09:39 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster

I mailed off my registration and check yesterday. Hope to see some of ya'll at the show. I'll have my Ford Trucks. Com bumper sticker out and shirt on during the show to do a little advertising.

-Ron

Old 09-20-2002, 09:12 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 20-Sep-02 AT 10:13 AM (EST)]Well, the show is tomorrow. :-) I'm still gettin' my truck ready. I saw some nice restored cars and a hot rod rollin' thru town this morning. I suspect they're getting ready for tomorrow also. I'm excited; can't wait. The show will be from 3pm to 8pm. I'll be there with my FTE shirt on. C'mon out, ya'll, and show your FTE support. Or at least come check out some nice rods from the North East OK area and say hi.

-Ron

Old 09-22-2002, 11:06 PM
Pastmaster
Postmaster

Ron, do you live in Collinsville?

My father has a good friend who lives there and runs a farm implement dealership. You might know him--Stan Turner? He owns a store in town (behind the harley shop) and one out on the highway...

Old 09-23-2002, 08:54 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster

Well, I finished detailing the truck with 30 minutes to spare before the show. My father-in-law came up to visit for the show. We had a good time. There was at least 80 vehicles entered in the show. There were a large number of 30's and 40's Ford cars that took most of the trophies. I believe that I had the only Ford Truck in the event. Unfortunately I got beat out by two Chevy's and a GMC in my class.('65-'79 Stock) I would have had a better chance with the modified class. Oh well. There were some late model Ford trucks in attendance also, including a nice white four door with custom silver paint graphics and toneau, and an air slammed black F150. There was a new silver PT Cruiser with dancing air bags installed. The owner was giving demonstrations. It was almost fast enough to bounce the front wheels off the ground! :-staun They provided classic rock music and entertainment, including a local Elvis impersonator. The 'Walking Poker Run' is where you took a sheet of paper to different merchants in the city and you pick a card out of a deck from each merchant and get your sheet stamped with the card info. And the person with the best poker hand after visiting the six merchants wins $50 cash. My lowely two pair got beat out by a numerical straight. But there was a fun and games event that included removing and installing 8 sparkplugs against a timer, dropping pushrods into two liter bottles, and identifying three car parts just by feel to win $50 cash. I did ok with the spark plugs and pushrods and nailed all three parts.(oxygen sensor, hood hinge, retractable top air piston.) I won the $50 cash prize! I didn't get a trophy, but we had fun and the $50 more than made up for the $12 entry fee. My father-in-law and I were sportin' our FTE shirts, but didn't see or meet any other FTE members. If you want to see some of the pics, check out my galleries. I have them split into two albums.

I want to give a special thanks to MJDillon76(Mike) and to Ken!

-Ron

Old 09-23-2002, 08:56 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster

>Ron, do you live in Collinsville?
>
>My father has a good friend who lives there and runs a farm
>implement dealership. You might know him--Stan Turner? He
>owns a store in town (behind the harley shop) and one out on
>the highway...

I live in Owasso, just south of Collinsville. I do know a Stan Miller that used to live out there, but I'm not familar with a Stan Turner. I don't suppose your Stan owns the Chrome Plating shop near the Sonic?

-Ron

Old 09-23-2002, 10:57 PM
Pastmaster
Postmaster

no he owns a implement dealership right next to a body shop in Collinsville. He lives in Owasso though. Wife is a manager at the Super Walmart.

Old 09-24-2002, 08:35 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster

Cool. I literally live just around the corner from that Super Walmart. Next time your up here shoot me an email and swing by and say high. Just out of curiosity what is an implement store? Is that like parts for farm tractors and such?

-Ron

Old 09-25-2002, 01:02 PM
1969 Ford Boy
New User