Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2002, 01:41 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
The Oklahoma Job market is looking sad.......

Does anybody else here see the Oklahoma economy recovering anytime soon? I'm in Tulsa and am finding the electronics related jobs to be dissappearing daily. If you've got any job leads near Tulsa, I'd sure like to hear about them?

-Ron

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 10-27-2002, 10:30 AM
Senior User

qtrmiler is starting off with a positive reputation.

I'm in Tulsa too. Can't get a job at the drive-thru counter!
Old 10-29-2002, 04:10 AM
Senior User

Scotty1 is starting off with a positive reputation.

I live in Miami, and the market has been pretty bleak around here for sometime. Best pay you could expect here might be as much as $10.00 an hour. THAT SUX out load. I drive to Joplin MO every day for a little more than $11.00 an hour. I like the job as well. That always helps.

I had been thinking about moving to T-town, but I think I may wait til market turns around first. By the way I am a CNC (computerized numeric control) operator. Hope you all get some work soon. Not getting to eat stinks. I have heard of a place in Pryor OK doing some hiring. can't remeber the name but you could get a Pryor Paper and Find out I am sure.

Scotty

F= First
0= On
R= Race
D= Day
Old 11-19-2002, 01:03 PM
New User

OKTexan is starting off with a positive reputation.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Wow, the electronics/communications market is finally starting to turn around. I'm seeing more tech jobs become available. (too bad most of the high paying ones require BS and MS degrees....sigh.....oh well, i'm halfway there.) As the tech jobs have been increasing I've noticed that Sprint and AT&T are planning downsizing. That stinks. Maybe I'll stick with satellites and GPS and not focus on telecom anymore?........

I hope everyone else is doing better, job wise.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 01-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Postmaster

NoMo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hey Ron, what exactly are you looking to do?
Old 01-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Elder User

ranger240 is starting off with a positive reputation.
get into something that EVERYONE NEEDS. food, mail, gas/electric, things that you don't really think of. I work at a bakery, I won't go into the details, but I'll say that I live comfortable in a new 1985 square foot house on 2 acres, and I make about $6K more annually than my wife who is a member service officer for a bank. and ofcourse, this is in OKC too, there are alot less people in this area.

"Go ahead and cook, Lois. We'll throw it out. Wouldn't want you to get rusty." -Peter Griffin
Old 01-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Postmaster

Well, my background includes 4 yrs in the Air Force; ground radio/satellite communications, then 4 years telecom(MCI), and currently 4 years of sonar/gps equipment. I think GPS is probably the way to go. It's an emerging field and branching out to sooo many electronic products; cell phones, in car dvd players, portable handhelds, etc..... I'm expanding my search criteria.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 01-09-2007, 10:24 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter