Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tab and Tad vacuum lines

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 10:08 PM
vancouver island
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tab and Tad vacuum lines

Alright almost done replacing all my vacuum lines came across the tad and tab. They are posted on the engine, back side. When I was looking at them I noticed something that to me is probally not right. Their are those connections underneath of them were them vacuum lines connect 2 vacuum lines on each one, I assume well the far one closest to the firewall has both running to it then when I checked the one beside it it only had one and them boot on it left open. Now early I was wondering if that was the emission stuff making the noise so I decided to rip it all apart and start inspecting everything. When I used to shut the truck off I could hear a hissing sound around their. I was getting codes from the hego and two codes for the egr saying system failure and egr valve opening not detected. So If I am right their should be a line there that may be the reason for those codes I am thinking as a vacuum leak could cause the engine to run lean as the HEGO code would pop up maybe. But I dont have a clue were the line should go to their is no sign of the line. I looked at the chart on the air filter but can't figure it out. I have a 89 F250 351w full of vacuum lines and they are the plastic ones color coded any help or pictures would be awsome. Thanks for any help hope I am on the right path.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:41 PM
vancouver island
Senior User
Hopefully this is not to complicated

Old 10-31-2009, 06:15 AM
subford
Fleet Owner
Received 225 Likes on 176 Posts
You should have a black vacuum line feeding all three solenoid valves and it comes from the vacuum can (vreser).

From the EGR solenoid (EVR) you should have a green vacuum line going to the EGR valve.

From the TAB solenoid you should have a purple vacuum line going to the A.I.R. Bypass Valve (AIR BPV).

From the TAD solenoid you should have a black vacuum line going to the A.I.R. air control valve (ACV).

Here is a diagram:

/

Old 10-31-2009, 12:12 PM
vancouver island
Senior User
Thanks for that info these trucks can be a nightmare for that. I believe I got most of those set up. on the bottom of the tab and tad there are two connection on each the closest one to the firewall has both vacuum lines, black and pink.. The top connector is a longer one then right belolw it is a smaller one. Then when you move over to the tad I think It is the same longer connector on top and shorter on bottom the black line is feeding the lower ones, but the top connecting boot were those plastic lines sit in to attach to the connectors has nothing no sign of a line anywere. And that is the one I need to figure out. I am sure their should be a line on their somewhere. I will read over the diagram and look around some more. Maybe I will take a picture. Pictures are worth a thousand words.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:29 AM
vancouver island
Senior User
Old 11-01-2009, 12:31 AM
vancouver island
Senior User
Ok the first picture I was wondering if their was anything that was supposed to be their or is that a standard braket or set up trying to get the motor back to original and yes I want all the emission and crap working. Thanks

Old 11-01-2009, 12:37 AM
vancouver island
Senior User

Here are two things I am not to sure what they are On my vacuum chart they are called DIV I think does anyone know if this is correct if so then that would mean the one hose I am missing from the tab or tab cant remember go to these.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:41 AM
vancouver island
Senior User
Ok the long tube I was wondering at the back it is just open is this normal or is their supposed to be a hose and were would that go to.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:44 AM
vancouver island
Senior User
The truck is a 89 5.8w I know the pic are kinda big. Any help would be much appreciated as I am trying to get this thing running good. Thanks for the help.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:03 AM
subford
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by vancouver island
I looked at the chart on the air filter but can't figure it out.
Can you post a photo of this chart in color?
That would help a lot.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:04 AM
subford
Fleet Owner
Ok the long tube I was wondering at the back it is just open is this normal or is their supposed to be a hose and were would that go to.
That is how it is supposed to be. That is normal.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:13 AM
subford
Fleet Owner
Ok the first picture I was wondering if their was anything that was supposed to be their or is that a standard braket or set up trying to get the motor back to original and yes I want all the emission and crap working. Thanks
The A/C Compressor goes there.

/

Old 11-01-2009, 10:42 AM
vancouver island
Senior User
Ok I will get one on their later today. It is a bit different, I got all that air pollution stuff. The only other thing is about those canaster looking things I think on of the lines from the tab or tad run to those to things. I will get it today. Thanks for the help so far. Any Idea what that canaster looking thing is. I know it is for my emission and their is two of them that sit with a bunch of tubing over the tab and tad on the drivers side. Again thanks so far.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:58 AM
subford
Fleet Owner
Are you talking about the fuel vapor canisters or the vacuum canister?
Does it look like a juice can?
Do you have a photo?
Can you post a photo of this vacuum chart in color?

Old 11-01-2009, 11:59 AM
vancouver island
Senior User
Hope you can read this got a crappy camera. The one solonoid. has a vacuum line running to the two iteams called DIV on top of the chart. I believe they are the two things in the first picture i posted that have all those big tubes connecting to them. they both have spots for the vacuum. And that is were I was missing the line. Also when i turned my motor off I could hear a hissing sound and that is what I think it was. Not to sure though.

Quick Reply: Tab and Tad vacuum lines