03' 4.6 knock

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:44 PM
mno3fan
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03' 4.6 knock

I'm new and in need of help. I drove the truck on Saturday morn. and no noise. Came back out several hours later to go somewhere and started the truck and heard a loud knocking noise. I was told by a friend/mechanic it sounde like a loose rocker or bad lifter. Has anyone had this problem and if so what was it ? I'm sure it is not good. Any help will be greatly appreciated . <!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->

Old 10-29-2009, 06:00 PM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
It has been known on occasion that a cam follower (rocker arm type unit) fill fall out. Usually not without a collapsed lash adjuster though.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:39 PM
hwtxwolf
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever find out what your knocking noise was. I have the same thinggoing on with my truck. I did almost the same thing, drove my truck to get mydad some lunch while visiting him in OKC, when I started the truck up to headback to his house the truck started knocking. I left my truck in OKC and had torent a car to get home for fear that if I drove it I might do more damage. Idid notice that the noise seem to be a lot louder when I got under the trucknear the exhaust pipe but I could hear the knocking noise under the valve coveron the passenger side of the truck. Oil pressure seems to be fine, check enginelight never has come on. When I use a stethoscope for engines I can hear thenoise pretty clear under the valve cover about 4 inches back from the front ofthe motor.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>