Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

jobs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 09:12 PM
fordman042
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jobs?

Anyone know of auto realateed jobs, like small town garages, dealerships, tire and lube joints, etc, near the Sidney-Piqua-Troy area? Anywhere withing 10-20 miles of these places would be considered also. The shop would have to be willing to hire this 16 year old mechanic;-)

Old 11-22-2002, 02:41 PM
Ohio Bill
Senior User
jobs?

John,
If nothing shows up here, or in the classifieds, I would just drop into places and ask to speak with the manager/owner about a job. Walking-in shows that you have initiative and that's a good quality to have. I landed a job in a wrecking yard years ago by walking-in off the street. I got hired on the spot. I started off sweeping floors and dumping trash, then moved onto tires, and then pulling parts. Eventually I learned to move cars around with a Hyster Carry Crane and a front-end loader. T'was a great place to work and got me through college too. With luck I think you can find a similar job.

Ohio Bill

Old 12-06-2002, 04:13 PM
Bruin52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jobs?

You can go to www.salary.com, put in the required info to find a salary, then find a shop that's located near your area, what they're preferences are and if you meet the requirements. After you get the salary up on the website, the job openings will be on the right side of the screen. I was just on it last night. Good luck!

Ric from Zanesville

Old 12-24-2002, 11:21 PM
ohio_ford_man
New User
jobs?