Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2009, 11:27 AM
New User

Escape055 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rear window washer

This is a goofy question but our rear window washer has never worked. I am assuming it pulls from the same tank as the front washer? Is this correct or is there another tank I have not found. I can here the motor come on when I turn on the rear window washer so I might have a hose off somewhere. Just wanted to make sure it did pull form the front tank.
Thanks!
Old 10-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Postmaster

Nitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant futureNitramjr has a brilliant future
ray.martinjr
It does use the same tank as the front windshield. Never had any problems with mine so I haven't really thought about how it works beyond that. Good luck.

Avatar is a Pearl Ribbon in honor of my wife and the battle she is waging.
'03 F150 Sport 4x4 4.6L 5-speed, '05 Escape Hybrid, '06 Escape Hybrid
Old 10-28-2009, 01:03 PM
New User

Escape055 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you!!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Senior User

scott91370 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unplug the hose from the washer bottle and pull the switch. This is an easy way to see if it is the pump- even if you can hear it it doesn't mean it's working. If it does then hook that end up and unhook the end from the sprayer nozzle to see if it will come out there. If so then the nozzle has the clog.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Posting Guru

hotroddually is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hotroddually is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i could be wrong, but on our 2008 escape i was told there was a separate fluid reservoir for the back wiper located in the back. i can't confirm this yet, as i have not had to fill it up. the truck is not at home right now,but i'm going to look tonight.
2004 f-150 supercrew FX4
2006 harley davidson softail fxst; -'05 suzuki quad
2006 wells cargo roadforce trailer (my toy hauler)
Old 11-14-2009, 09:35 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid

Tags
1998, 2006, escape, f150, fluid, ford, hose, rear, reservior, reservoir, trucks, washer, window, windshield, working