Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: just another truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Senior User

RustyGreen is starting off with a positive reputation.
johnkidney.7
Where's the Best Price on Oil Pan Repl?

Hello all, Anyone Know of a reputable shop somewhere in Macomb Twp, MI. to get an oil pan replaced on my 94 5.0 302 f 150? I know it is an involved job, and it is something that I simply do not have the time for. I figured that I would start looking for somewhere before I absolutely need to replace it, and so I know how much to save up. Thank You in advance if you are able to help.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
Call up bronco graveyard.
They are a local (durrand, mi), and also an FTE sponsor.
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Post Fiend

just another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputation
William, they will do the work as well as sell it?

Mario's Auto care, Utica Road and Grosebeck..Very good people, no sure it will get you a discount, but mention my name just the same.

My name is Pat, i have not purchased a firearm in 2
day (s). I am Strong, I dont need another Firearm, I am happy purchasing ammo for the fire arms I have. Purchasing the wrong ammo is not an excues to buy another firearm.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
No, bronco grave yard is a parts store.
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Senior User

300 Buster is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I don't know your area,so I can't tell you a good place,but,I can tell you that I have just replaced one on an '89 Bronco full size with a 302 in it,which makes 3 302's and 3 300six's,that I have done.It is involved,engine has to be raised and the plennum will have to come off to get it high enough.The big thing is that you get a good quality pan and gasket and put a new oil pump in (Melling HV is my choice).You don't want to be in there again.Fords' small block oil pump is minimal and the new Melling will exstend the life of your bottom end,I've been through this.The aftermarket pans are good,the ones I got through my local auto parts store were made in Canada.The gaskets I used were the Felpro one piece,put in with NO sealer,it causes them to squeeze out.Who ever does this work for you,have a talk with them and express your concerns,make sure they know that you know what the job is,and the only reason they are doing it,is because you don't have the time.That way,they are a little less likely to take short cuts.And get your old oil pump back,so you know it's in there.And no,I don't want to do yours,I hate that job,I'm just trying to let you know the scoop on these.Good luck!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Post Fiend

Yea. always use 1 piece gaskets on oil pans.

You can do it without picking up motor. somebody in the forum did it. but it is VERY VERY hard.
he said it took him over an hour to put some of the parts back in the motor. cause you pop the pan down and pop everything out by hand, then you pull the pan out, throw the parts in the new pan and try and put them back in.
said it took him over 5 hours to do it.

I highly do not suggest doing this.

Unbolt the mounts and make sure any short wires or hoses are disconected, then use a puller to lift the motor up.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Senior User

RustyGreen is starting off with a positive reputation.
johnkidney.7
Thanks for all of the help and info so far. I'm tryin to get this taken care of before the rust blisters become holes.

I had considered doing the pump also when it was apart, I have heard of the need to prime an oil pump on rebuilt motors,
___But Does It Need To Be Primed When You Are Just Replacing One???
Old 11-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Senior User

300 Buster is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yes.All they have to do is is set the pump without the pick up on it in oil and turn it until oil come out the passage to the engine,not a big deal.I have always run the starter a couple times prior to start up,just to make sure it was getting oil before it ran.You would want to do this even if you didn't change the pump.I wouldn't even think of doing this with out changing the pump,especially on a sb Ford.I have a '96 F150 300IL and I had to change the pan a year ago,the only reason I just changed the '89 Bronco,was because it set 3 yrs,because of a leaking oil pan.It was leaking down to about a 3qt level over a week,when I parked it.With this era of Fords,it's not if it will leak,it's when.I've been told that they used crappy recycled steel in the pans,but I was also told by an auto parts guy that Fords weren't the only ones with the problem.Well it could be worse,you could own a Toyota Tundra that you can't put on a hoist because the frame is rusted too bad!
Old 01-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Freshman User

fordmasterdieseltech is starting off with a positive reputation.
if your within dirving distance of clinton, mi near ann arbor mi i would be willing to do it as a side job. i work at a ford dealer as a diesel tech during the day so after hours at my home i can get itt done. call me 517-920-3048 chris
Old 01-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Posting Guru

maevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmasterdieseltech View Post
if your within dirving distance of clinton, mi near ann arbor mi i would be willing to do it as a side job. i work at a ford dealer as a diesel tech during the day so after hours at my home i can get itt done. call me 517-920-3048 chris
Very nice offer Chris. And Welcome to FTE.

Do you have much experience with removing and repairing the stock Garrett turbo on the 7.3 PSD ?

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Freshman User

sure do maevans, 7.3 and 6.0 is what i work on every day at work. have upgraded a few stock 7.3 turbo with larger exhaust and impellers wheels, as well as overhauling the stock unit.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Posting Guru

maevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmasterdieseltech View Post
sure do maevans, 7.3 and 6.0 is what i work on every day at work. have upgraded a few stock 7.3 turbo with larger exhaust and impellers wheels, as well as overhauling the stock unit.
That's good to hear, I would like to remove my turbo and replace the pedestal O-rings, replace WW and just do some preventative maintenance on it.

Maybe this spring I can hire you to do some work on the turbo.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Freshman User

sounds good, i'll be here. trying to round up some side work to raise some funds trying to lay a concrete floor in my pole barn this winter. I do work on a ford lincoln or mercury, but my specialty is diesel, i bleed diesel fuel lol. got an ids of my own which is what the dealer uses to diag these trucks now adays. so if you know of anyone needing some work done, i'd be glad, and I dont forget people if they send work my way. thanks
Old 01-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Post Fiend

just another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by maevans View Post
That's good to hear, I would like to remove my turbo and replace the pedestal O-rings, replace WW and just do some preventative maintenance on it.

Maybe this spring I can hire you to do some work on the turbo.
GREAT!!! I am never going to get my brother hood sticker now.. thanks Mark

My name is Pat, i have not purchased a firearm in 2
day (s). I am Strong, I dont need another Firearm, I am happy purchasing ammo for the fire arms I have. Purchasing the wrong ammo is not an excues to buy another firearm.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:20 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter

Tags
1990, 1994, 302, bronco, cost, engine, f 150, f250, ford, oil, oil pan, pan, pans, prime, recall, replacing, truck