North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Trails & Mud

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 09:16 AM
thin2man
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trails & Mud

I'm in McLeansville and enjoy riding the trails & playing in the mud, but it just isn't as much fun in just one truck! So, I'm posting this in hopes of finding others like me. Problem seems to be that most of the guys I know are too worried about their trucks to have much fun in them (my opinion). And the few others have their trucks to where I'm a little worried about going out with them (either beat to death looks like it's gonna fall apart any minute, or lifted so much with HUGE tires that I'd cause them not to have much fun constantly waiting on me & pulling me outta their ruts). Don't get me wrong, I never intend on scratching or tearing my truck up (although has happened on occasion), and I don't mind having to ask someone to pull me out when I get in over head, but to me an unpaved road does not constitute riding the trails, and spending the whole time out behind the end of someone's tow strap isn't my idea of a big time. A few I went out with seemed to be more intent on getting "tore up" as to having any good sober fun (my kids enjoy going out with me and I'm not going to put them in any kind of the dangers that are usually brought on under those conditions). Also, I don't know of that many trails around here to ride on (new "posted" signs popping up everyday & I have no intentions of riding on someones property that I know doesn't want me there). I went down to Uwharrie awhile back, but I don't believe I'll be going back, at least not until after I get a lift anyway. The trails are just too rough for me with no lift. I rode up to Raliegh the other day to ride the ones off Poole road I read about in an earlier post, but I don't think I went to the right ones (the trail I was on seemed rather blande). While on it though, I met a fellow in a small foriegn 2x job that turned me on to some over off Sonnybrook, just below the post office to the right. I only had my 3 year old son with me & we had a great time. I wish, though, we'd had at least 1 other truck with us because there were several trails/holes I'd loved to have taken/tried, but was a little skiddish being alone & that far from home. So, if there's anyone out there looking for someone to ride the trails & play in the mud with, post a reply or send me an email. I don't mind a drive to have some fun. I've been told to check with some of the 4x4 clubs, but most of them a little too extreme for me, and seem to be over-ridden with jeeps that can "fit" on/in many places I can't or wouldn't attempt with my wider body & longer wheel base & no lift. I appologize for such a lenghty post, but I wanted to try & cover all the bases.
Thanks, Thomas
check my gallery pics for my "fun in the mud" truck! (sorry no muddy pics yet, the wife always seems to find the hose before I find the cam )

Old 09-01-2002, 09:00 PM
1ole4d
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Trails & Mud

Hey man...shoot me an email! I just moved to Rockingham, NC and I'm looking for a few off roaders myself. I'm not sure where you're located or anything. A guy I work with keeps talking about a place called "URE"??? I know that's not how it's spelled but that's what it sounds like. URE. Anyhow..just wanted to stick my neck out there some. Later!!

1978 F-150 flareside. Primitive by todays standards but she was a jaw dropper back then. :-staun

Old 12-18-2002, 05:46 PM
No_Joke
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trails & Mud

Its spelled Uwarrie and boy is it fun its located near Albermarle NC not the best place for a full size but do able, mine has conquered most of it 1994 F-150 XL I-6 31x10.5 inch MTs

Old 12-21-2002, 04:54 PM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Trails & Mud