Arrogant Chevy-fan experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 03:36 PM
JoeCool6972
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by fordtruckman
I think of this when I read about brand arguments not just with trucks but with arguments with MAC vs PC, and PS3 vs. Xbox 360 etc... Never once when I read someones rant towards a brand has it made me think "Huh, ya know he's right" and switch to the brand that they are talking to highly of. Honestly what's the point of their argument.
My PS3 owns Xbox 360, never had a "red ring of death" issue EVER! Never will either! And blu-ray is awesome!

LOL, just had to throw that in...

Old 10-26-2009, 09:00 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeCool6972
My PS3 owns Xbox 360, never had a "red ring of death" issue EVER! Never will either! And blu-ray is awesome!

LOL, just had to throw that in...
Haha it's funny you mention that because last week my 360 died. It did pretty good though, worked for 3 years without a problem. Although it must of realized that the 3 year warranty expired last month...

Old 10-27-2009, 10:16 AM
hotroddually
Posting Guru
i have always preferred a ford truck myself. i did have a toyota truck for a long time too. my toyota slowly transformed Thought. it did get a ford 302 v-8 and a dually rear diff.(but that's another story). i really think ford makes a superior work truck. they do last over time better than the others. i feel that i can appreciate others vehicles for what they are,even if they are other makes,models,styles. i wrench on all types of vehicles,thats the way my shop works.all my friends and family tend to be car/truck people.so if your vehicle is broke, it seems to fine its way to my place. i have a history in racing. i build and repair race cars,street cars,trucks,4x4's,bikes,of all makes. i don't have time for people that bash other brands that they don't own or drive.i will say this from personal experience,i tend to fix more chevys than fords. it costs more to build a ford,but it generally will out last the competitors. my buddy is a chrysler mechanic,i work on his stuff,my other buddy has a crazy 74 chevy truck, i help to keep that thing running for him. none of my friends say too much against my fords.they know my ford may have to go recover thier vehicle someday... and payback is a bit**

Old 10-27-2009, 11:19 AM
crazyeddie
Senior User
Hah sounds like that guy on youtube that runs a 460 Ford in his Camaro ... about time someone built a Ford powered Chevy for a change!

I concur - Ford does make a hell of a work truck. A farmer in my area has a 90's F250 work truck - you know - a "beater" work truck. He blew the spider gears out of the rear differential (in a Dana, somehow ) so until he fixed it, he drove it for about a year in 4WD, or front-wheel drive as you might say and it still get the job done.

Maybe that's why there's so many Ford builders on their toes - Chevy's are too easy to build and dope down your engine building skills? I wouldn't know - never played with a Chevy motor - watched my dad build one for a friend though.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:37 PM
hotroddually
Posting Guru
i don't disrespect other guys preferences in vehicles,but i always say to pro chevy guys that hate all other makes ...chevys are like pipe bombs, simple to build, and fun to watch blow up!

Old 10-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Sand_Man
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of my hot rodder buddies is building a '32 Ford pickup with a (I think) 315 Dodge Hemi in it. The truck is really nice, but as with any hand-made car built from old stuff, the engine has been a problem. He wanted an older hemi, and picked the Dodge due to it's smaller size and unique-ness. But then he discovered that Dodge parts are nearly non-existant, as is knowledgeable machinists who know critical clearances of hot-rodded hemis. Anyway, it's been one problem after another, but he's stuck it out. He came into the shop and he and I were talking about progress on the hemi when one of my hard-core, know-it-all chevy co-workers told my freind (who has a ton of time and money invested in this car) , "Ya know, it you'da stuck a chevy in it, you'd be drivin" by now".
My freind's reply was classic, " yeah, well a small block chevy is about one step above a f'n Briggs & Stratton"
I about doubled over laughing, chevy guy sulked out the door (mind you, he's never built an engine in his life) and everyone else in the shop learned about commitment to an idea. Just 'cause everone else is doing it doesn't mean it's the only way to go.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:03 PM
crazyeddie
Senior User
Originally Posted by hotroddually
i don't disrespect other guys preferences in vehicles,but i always say to pro chevy guys that hate all other makes ...chevys are like pipe bombs, simple to build, and fun to watch blow up!
That's the best one I've heard TO DATE!

Old 08-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Jeffro70
New User
Originally Posted by crazyeddie
Haha! You are the man
Same reason I got a V-10!

Old 08-31-2013, 09:39 PM
Chevy Guy Gone FORD
New User
I like Chevy's....I have also decided that I like Ford's.

Why people have to get all personally wrapped up in the make of truck they own & drive is beyond me....

Old 08-31-2013, 10:29 PM
monckywrench
Cargo Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Why people have to get all personally wrapped up in the make of truck they own & drive is beyond me....
Because they have no developed personal identity they live through their possessions.

Watch for this if you are buying or selling something to a person like that. It can work to your advantage. I didn't spend time on a used car lot for nothing.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:41 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,393 Likes on 1,102 Posts
Originally Posted by Chevy Guy Gone FORD
I like Chevy's....I have also decided that I like Ford's.

Originally Posted by monckywrench
Because they have no developed personal identity they live through their possessions.

Watch for this if you are buying or selling something to a person like that. It can work to your advantage. I didn't spend time on a used car lot for nothing.
While I too am somewhat of a long time Chevy fan I've owned more than my fair share of FoMoCo products, the all time favorite being a '59 two door 292 Y block motor. In reality is was a bit of a dog due more its age than anything else but still one of the top faves.

EVERY brand-loyal driver can and does bore the hell outta those who don't care what they're driving---its the nature of being passionate about something. Find a GM or Mopar site and they'll complain how Ford guys are PITA always touting this or that claimed superiority across the product line just because one guy likes one car or truck.

I'm 62 and rivalry between The Big Three has been going on at least that time. Being more a fan of USA made crazy big, heavy, loud, over powered gas hogs (which were mostly severely lacking in adequate stopping power I'd add!) it doesn't matter to me which brand I find cool. Pick an era and one of The Big Three pretty much dominated for its style or horse power, sometimes a combo of both. Of course this was during the same time car manufacturer's were trying to be all things to every segment of the USA market, and long, long before imports came to our shores.

So let the Chevy or Mopar guy carp on about his/her ride---do the same and know you're participating in tradition-------another thing disappearing too quickly here in the USA these days!

Old 09-03-2013, 02:50 PM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
I love it when ever your out working on your Ford and just about everyone you know is there commenting on the fact that you're working on your Ford again. When in reality all your doing 9 times outta 10 is routine basic maintenance. And then within the next few days they're asking you to fix something on their vehicle that is half the age or has less than half the miles of your Ford. And when you make 1 little comment about that they get ticked off at you and don't talk to you for along time.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:19 PM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
I got a good story for you all. Back when I was 16 I was leaving my high school in my 1978 Ford Bronco and I was headed to my dads shop to help out there until he closed. I got about 1.5 mile from the school and I heard a loud bang and then grinding noise coming from underneath. So I stopped and thinking I blew the transfer case I went to a neighbors house to call my dad and let him know that I was going to be late and what happened to the truck.(this was in the mid 90's before cell phones were so popular) And to make a long story short, he and I went back for the bronco with my dads and his tow truck, which was a chevy and this fellow was a then die hard chevy guy. And while on our way back to his garage he just kept running his mouth about how great chevys are and how Fords are junk and break all time. And about half way back to his shop he started complaining about how his tow truck was starting to run hot and how heavy my bronco was on the back of truck. Oh I should mention that his truck a standard conventional wrecker with a 454 big block and Muncie 4 speed. The whole time that he was complaining about how bad his truck was struggling with the weight of my Bronco, he begins to tell how earlier that day he towed a full size k5 blazer with the same wrecker and didn't even know it was back there. It turned out that my 17 year old Bronco with 140,000 miles on the clock hand a bad left rear axle shaft. When the metal was pour into the mold for the axle an air bubble was trapped in the metal. It was right behind where the wheel bearing was pressed onto the axle. And yes it did have a 9" rear end. And ever since that sad day I never could seem to get that axle to seal up. It always leaked gear oil out just behind the backing plate for the drum brake. And the real irony of the whole story is that now this same guy does not have a single chevy in his fleet of tow trucks. All of his conventional 1 tons are now and have been for at least the eight years FORDS.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:40 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
chitty guy's for the most part have to brag and run down everything else due to the fact they have small minds and small " packages " so they overcompensate with their ignorant meanderings ............................. got no personal beef with chitty's other than they are the generic equivalent of a motorized vehicle , and the damn thing's fall apart and blow up under me very easily .......................... my 53 effie i was / am constantly tinkering with { it's apart right now completely } and i get crap from everyone . yet all their's gm and asian P.O.S'S seem to be always on recall , needing something done , etc. hades my wife just had to drive my beater 95 4.6 bird for a week , in all it's creaking and groaning glory as her new chitty had to go in for a recall for something wrong with the fuel system ...........

Old 10-04-2013, 10:40 AM
merc2dogs
Freshman User
Until I was 26 all I'd ever owned were motorcycles, when I moved to Michigan I decided it would be nice to have a vehicle I could climb inside of for winter.
First car was Buick (Apollo?, looked like a nova) Had that real sweet odd fire Buick V6.
second car I bought (as a project) was a Mustang. I ended up buying complete cars for parts and upgrades because it just worked out cheaper.
My third car was another Ford because I had a garage full of spare parts.
Been driving Fords ever since.
I like nearly any car, and can appreciate the work and effort that people put into things, heck, I've even seen a few scooters and lawn mowers that were impressive! But, I really love picking on a committed Chevy fan.

A buddy used to be into dodges, now owns a Camaro, nice not great, but he's working on getting the camaro attitude. He takes it to club shows, and has a good time with it. One day I was helping him install dual carbs, When we finished and got everything cleaned up, I used note putty to stick ford emblems on the nose an deck lid.
Was a week before he noticed the one on the nose, almost a month before he caught the one on the trunk.

Quick Reply: Arrogant Chevy-fan experiences?