Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Garage & Workshop
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Garage & Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop. No Truck Tech Discussion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2009, 12:36 AM
I'll have the Roast Duck

havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Havi Ina Ford
Best floor jacks for the money?

As the title says. I was looking at the AC DK20HLQ low profile floor jack, and as much as I would love to have something like that, 2 things come into play:
1) One truck I have is a 2 ton, and would need something heavy duty, but the others are lowered.
2) Even the AC I listed is about $850.
Anyone have a similar alternative to recommend?
My old Chinese 3 ton is about toast. And not to mention, my back ain't like it used to be, so carrying one out to the back 40 has become a chore.
Thanks.
The rest are just average.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
A used Lincoln works pretty well, check the Craigslist for your area. I picked up a pair of Lincoln 3tons medium frame jacks for $30 a couple years back, and traded one off for some tires for my truck. The deals are there if you look and are patient.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:16 PM
I'll have the Roast Duck

havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Havi Ina Ford
I can be patient, lol. I guess it's kinda leaning towards one long-jack, like the Lincoln, and one aluminum lightweight for the out-in-the-yard needs.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Senior User

thecardoc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check out Harbor Freight. I think I saw a low profile aluminum one for about $89.00
Old 10-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Avid Winter Hater

MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
I've got a Michelin brand jack that I picked up from Sams Club. It is quick going up without anything on it and will lift 3 1/2 tons or something like that.
Hope & A Prayer Motorsports
Old 10-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Senior User

mitchntx is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by havi View Post
I was looking at the AC DK20HLQ low profile floor jack,
I bought DK13HLQ over 10 years ago. Works today just like it did the day it arrived ... and I use the crap out of it. Best money I have ever spent.

My 13 won't lift my old GMC HD, my Bronco or my PSD SD ... not even a single tire off the ground.

These are quality tools and will outlast any vehicle you own.

According to this site ...

http://www.asedeals.com/hydraulicjacks2.html

they are no longer available through them. Not sure if its a supplier issue or a manufacturing issue. Either way, I wouldn't hesitate buying on of these guys.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Senior User

Mr.Ford 351W is starting off with a positive reputation.
Napa has a jack for 136 bucks,it is a 2 1/4 ton jack
Old 10-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Posting Guru

Phinxter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phinxter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCMK View Post
I've got a Michelin brand jack that I picked up from Sams Club. It is quick going up without anything on it and will lift 3 1/2 tons or something like that.
I bought one of those a few years ago and haven't used it much. Now it refuses to lift anything. found some oil under it so I added some and bled it it worked ok at first but then crapped out again, not sure if it would be worth it to have it fixed. I paid like $60 My POS HF jack that is older still works and I use it alot more.

1992 Ford Ranger Danger 3.0 5spd 4X2
1993 Plymouth Sundance (Member of the Allpar 200k club)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
2013 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
Old 10-23-2009, 08:19 PM
Posting Guru

*2fords* is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I had one of those Michelin jacks til some stole it and my Hi lift jack right off my deck. I can't find another one anywhere, apparently no one sells them any more.
Every HF jack I have had, has turned out to be a POS. From the one on my press to the one on my Cherry picker mounted on my flat bed, the seals go out and I can't find an O ring for any of them that will fit.
73 Jeep CJ5 springover axles, reversed front shackles, 304, T-18, lockers front/rear, 4:29 gears, 33s
87 Toyota Tercel Tuner some engine mods exhaust
Old 10-23-2009, 09:25 PM

ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
ctubutis ctubutis ctubutis
Harbor Freight == The Home of Inexpensive, Single-Use, Chinese-Made Tools
Old 10-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Posting Guru

Phinxter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phinxter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *2fords* View Post
I had one of those Michelin jacks til some stole it and my Hi lift jack right off my deck. I can't find another one anywhere, apparently no one sells them any more.
Every HF jack I have had, has turned out to be a POS. From the one on my press to the one on my Cherry picker mounted on my flat bed, the seals go out and I can't find an O ring for any of them that will fit.
My HF jack came with an extra set of seals. Angle grinder came with extra brushes.

1992 Ford Ranger Danger 3.0 5spd 4X2
1993 Plymouth Sundance (Member of the Allpar 200k club)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
2013 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
Old 10-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Elder User

dstig1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I got this jack from Northern a year ago and it is sweet. Very smooth action on jack and release and it is very low profile. It is made in China, but it seems very well designed and made. Only $150 and it lifts everything from my ground hugging POS civic to my SD.

The packaging was insufficient as the package was very torn up upon arrival, but the jack was undamaged. It weighs a flippin' ton too.

Arcan Quick Lift Service Jack — 3 1/2-Ton, Model# XL35 | Floor Jacks | Northern Tool + Equipment

-Dave
Old 10-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Amatuer Restorer

gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.
One more bad feedback on the Michelin. Friend gave it to me because it quit working, only used a couple times. Can't even find any info on how to even fix it. Saved the handle for a cheater bar. Is a nice handle, rest is junk.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:25 PM
I'll have the Roast Duck

Havi Ina Ford
There's a Northern Tool nearby, I may have to look at that Arcan. Should tie me over for the while, thanks.

Thanks to the rest of ya, too.

There's a used Blackhawk 4 ton in the local CL for $200, but it looks pretty beat up. (50 years old?) Something like that should be had for about $50. I don't need to lift my big truck until next Spring or so anyway, so hopefully something comes along this Winter, lol. Besides, I have a 20 ton bottle jack if needed.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Elder User

dstig1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If you try Northern, make sure it is one of the new big stores (Minnetonka and one other?) Otherwise, I think this jack might be mail order only, and even the big stores might not have it on the floor. I was wary getting it sight unseen but have been very impressed.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:45 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Garage & Workshop

Tags
2006, ac, craigslist, dk20hlq, duty, f250, find, floor, ford, heavy, jack, jacks, locate, michelin, michilem, trucks