Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The valve body will firm up the shifts and help the trans last longer

Old 10-22-2009, 11:11 AM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by rtazz17
I havent done much research on this yet but have seen mention of it in this thread. Is a upgraded valve body something to be considering and why? Am I going to blow my tranny? Keep in mind I wont be trying to spin the tires.. ( I dont think,lol)Just dont want a problem if I can prevent it...And then would I have to have jody change the tunes because of it? Could he send me "upgraded" tunes w/ the f6 or would he need it?
That's the beauty of the F6. You don't need to ever send it back for new tunes. Only if for some reason it needs to be replaced under warranty will you need to send it back to us.

Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 10-22-2009, 02:31 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by DP-Tuner
I am sorry to hear your troubles. We can help with whatever issues you are having. It sounds like you have a valve body upgrade and it wasn't tuned for it. Or the tunes you got have too little pressure for your stock trans. Sometimes underlying issues with transmissions don't rear it ugly head until you add power to them. That's why most guys do a valve body or beefier trans. Especially if they tow a lot. If you have a stock trans Jody has to increase line pressures as needed as you go up in power so you don't get the slipage. Sounds like you don't have enough to keep it from slipping in the 80 E.

Its going to be hard to figure out since gos ordered it for you. But we can try by order date.

We do not send to Canada via UPS or FedEx. We only use USPS and since this is a warranty exchange you should NOT be charged again for duty fees.

Please give us a call so we an get your chip set up correctly. 828-221-0076.

Diane
And THERE you have it. That is one of the many underlying issues with why so many people on this forum trust and use DP tuner. Jody and Diane will do everything in their power to make things right.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:49 PM
rtazz17
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So I was able to take the truck out for a 45 mile drive today...Wow..The lie o meter that usually says 15 mpg now says 23 mpg in 80E..Its normally off by 1-2 mpg so even at 21 mpg is insane with more power...I also uploaded the drive thru tune trial and it took me all of 5 minutes to do because I had to read the instructions...Also about a upgraded valve body..What exactly will this do?Someone said firmer shifts..The shifts right now are perfect,they dont slam but are firm,I dont want to ruin that..Keep in mind I only have 80 e right now...Will this extend the life of the tranny even if there wasnt a tuner in it?Just trying to justify ever doing this upgrade...I do plan on having this truck for years to come,so if this can make the tranny last even longer great..It has 80000 easy non towing miles on it from previous owner ,I have a 9000lb camper and tow ocasionally,so it wont be doing heavy hauling alot..The vb upgrade looks relatively easy to do and I have to change the tranny fluid soon so I may as well do it then if I do it...Anyways ,thank you Jody!!!

Old 10-22-2009, 06:26 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DP-Tuner
I am sorry to hear your troubles. We can help with whatever issues you are having. It sounds like you have a valve body upgrade and it wasn't tuned for it. Or the tunes you got have too little pressure for your stock trans. Sometimes underlying issues with transmissions don't rear it ugly head until you add power to them. That's why most guys do a valve body or beefier trans. Especially if they tow a lot. If you have a stock trans Jody has to increase line pressures as needed as you go up in power so you don't get the slipage. Sounds like you don't have enough to keep it from slipping in the 80 E.

Its going to be hard to figure out since gos ordered it for you. But we can try by order date.

We do not send to Canada via UPS or FedEx. We only use USPS and since this is a warranty exchange you should NOT be charged again for duty fees.

Please give us a call so we an get your chip set up correctly. 828-221-0076.

Diane
Originally Posted by HKusp
And THERE you have it. That is one of the many underlying issues with why so many people on this forum trust and use DP tuner. Jody and Diane will do everything in their power to make things right.
Very well put Jason!! Jody and Diane are the best at what they do and that includes their customer service.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rtazz17
So I was able to take the truck out for a 45 mile drive today...Wow..The lie o meter that usually says 15 mpg now says 23 mpg in 80E..Its normally off by 1-2 mpg so even at 21 mpg is insane with more power...I also uploaded the drive thru tune trial and it took me all of 5 minutes to do because I had to read the instructions...Also about a upgraded valve body..What exactly will this do?Someone said firmer shifts..The shifts right now are perfect,they dont slam but are firm,I dont want to ruin that..Keep in mind I only have 80 e right now...Will this extend the life of the tranny even if there wasnt a tuner in it?Just trying to justify ever doing this upgrade...I do plan on having this truck for years to come,so if this can make the tranny last even longer great..It has 80000 easy non towing miles on it from previous owner ,I have a 9000lb camper and tow ocasionally,so it wont be doing heavy hauling alot..The vb upgrade looks relatively easy to do and I have to change the tranny fluid soon so I may as well do it then if I do it...Anyways ,thank you Jody!!!
I would do the VB mods for sure. I have the TransGo Tugger and really like it -- it's not about the firmness of the shifts per se, it's the duration. Long, drawn out shifts feel good to "regular folks", but are hell on transmissions. All that does is create extra heat and wear on the internals. You want short, firm but not slamming shifts. The TransGo does just that.

Personally, I think that and the 6.0L cooler are essential if you're towing. Just my (not so) humble opinion.

EDIT: Here are a couple graphics describing what the kit does: