Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Posting Guru

binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.
figurhead's set up is nice! I went with the off the shelf version of that from Autometer and put my Isspro Ev2 boost and pyro there. Clay set me up with it. Might have to take it a step further and go 'borrow' figurheads dash set up idea to mount my trans temp gauge.

Click the image to open in full size.

I like the electronic sender for the boost mounted in Clay's AIH delete plug, and not having to run more air line.

Homebrew American Biodiesel (B100 Most of the time)
1995 Mercedes Benz E300D, 2006 Mercedes R350
Old 10-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Posting Guru

jeff7825 has a good reputation on FTE.jeff7825 has a good reputation on FTE.jeff7825 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by figurhead View Post
jeff7825, Nice setup. I have that triple pod (to be installed shortly) on the right knee with Trans Temp, Oil P (?), Diff Temp. I forgot about the HPOP. What pressure gauge is that for your HPOP (Oil Pressure guage?) and where did you place the sender?
Thanks. I just tapped the blue (I think) wire on the ICP connector. ITP makes a nice pigtail for tapping into the connector. I don't know how you gauge hooks up, but might be something you could use. ITP HPO Gauge Pigtail

2011 Ford F-150 Lariat Ecoboost

2004 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.0 (New Project)
Old 10-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Senior User

figurhead is starting off with a positive reputation.
jeff7825, Thanks for the info, I'll look into it.

binuya, What gauge setup is that? That is nice & I've never seen it anywhere. The pictures don't really show how that/those bezel pieces are mounted, so I'm not clear how they mount. But I likey!! More gauges in front of the eyes without looking down.

And credit goes to cartmanea for the gauge location, I took the idea from him & must give credit to him.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/83...ts-o-pics.html

I like analog gauges for real readings (my opinion), so, for Boost, I tapped the Banks intake elbow. It took about 15 minutes. The autometer 35psi gauge reads nice all the time. No bouncing or odd readings, like I've heard about from some other gauges.
2003 F350 6.0L CC LB 4.88s 10.5" ICON-Devers Racing Springs/40s ProComp on 20's/Dual Fox Shocks/4" Turbo Back Exhaust/No Cat/No Muffler/ARP Headstuds/Full EGR Delete/Bulletproof Oil Cooler & H2o pump/Banks Intercooler-Intake Elbow/aFe Intake Stage 2 Filter/Magnafine PS Filter/DieselSite Coolant Filter & HiVol HPOP/SCT X3 140hpTune & 58V Swamps/PHP tuned FICM/Vivian's SCT X3 Looneywild Tune/11 autometer gauges/Powermax Turbo w Batmowheel/Traction Bars/Amsoil Remote Oil Filter/AirDog2/175cc Innovative injectors/Full Billet Custom Trans
Old 10-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Posting Guru

binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.
binuya, What gauge setup is that? That is nice & I've never seen it anywhere. The pictures don't really show how that/those bezel pieces are mounted, so I'm not clear how they mount. But I likey!! More gauges in front of the eyes without looking down.

It's made by Autometer. It's a one piece unit. Took some minor modifying to make a clean fit. It came with some double sided tape which wasn't enough to hold it in well so I put some automotive trim buttons in (where you put your gauges, as you can see in this pic), and it now holds and fits nicely. Now, if I position additional gauges where you have them, it should make for a really nice set up. Thanks for sharing your set up. That's the first time I've seen it done that way.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Elder User

pbr man is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have Dipricol Optix and would recommend them to anyone looking for gauges. They match the factory instrument cluster perfectly, and in 3 years I haven't had one problem with them.

I have them mounted like binuya shows in his picture above. They are out of the way but still easy to read through the steering wheel.
Eric 1999 F350 4x4 Super Duty, Crew Cab Long Bed,7.3 Diesel, 6 speed, 4'' Diamond Eye exhaust, 4040 Aeroturbine, Dipricol Optix-boost and pyrometer, AIH delete, Hutch and harpoon, Tuff Country Add a Leaf

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner-liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by binuya View Post
It's made by Autometer.
Where did you buy it? I have never seen it, or anything like it on any website, and I would like to check it out before I install the other six gauges. I really like the setup. The way yours mounts, is very similar to the way my steering column pod mounts. An overlay stuck with double sided spongy tape.

Actually, now that I look at it, my bezel is different (2003 6.0L) than yours. Mine goes from the AC vent on the left, over to the radio. I know I'm in the wrong group, but good ideas are everywhere. Thanks for the help.
2003 F350 6.0L CC LB 4.88s 10.5" ICON-Devers Racing Springs/40s ProComp on 20's/Dual Fox Shocks/4" Turbo Back Exhaust/No Cat/No Muffler/ARP Headstuds/Full EGR Delete/Bulletproof Oil Cooler & H2o pump/Banks Intercooler-Intake Elbow/aFe Intake Stage 2 Filter/Magnafine PS Filter/DieselSite Coolant Filter & HiVol HPOP/SCT X3 140hpTune & 58V Swamps/PHP tuned FICM/Vivian's SCT X3 Looneywild Tune/11 autometer gauges/Powermax Turbo w Batmowheel/Traction Bars/Amsoil Remote Oil Filter/AirDog2/175cc Innovative injectors/Full Billet Custom Trans
Old 10-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by figurhead View Post
Where did you buy it? I have never seen it, or anything like it on any website, and I would like to check it out before I install the other six gauges. I really like the setup. The way yours mounts, is very similar to the way my steering column pod mounts. An overlay stuck with double sided spongy tape.

Actually, now that I look at it, my bezel is different (2003 6.0L) than yours. Mine goes from the AC vent on the left, over to the radio. I know I'm in the wrong group, but good ideas are everywhere. Thanks for the help.
Hmm. I just looked at your pic again and it sure seems like your dash configuration is the same. Anyway, Clay at Riffraff got it for me.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Senior User

Now I see. The black pod bezel is an added overlay, thus the black to brown bezel color difference. I'll get a hold of him. Thanks again.

ONE MORE QUESTION: How did you run the gauge cables between the dash bezel and the instrument panel?
Old 10-22-2009, 01:12 PM