Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Freshman User

rgconway is starting off with a positive reputation.
NJ Shop recommendation

Hello NJ,

I do most of the work on our cars/truck, but looking for a good shop for our 2002 F350 7.3. For now, it needs ball joints; I'm also considering rustproofing because, like all of us, I plan to keep forever.

Any recommendations near Somerville/Flemington NJ? Any thoughts on rustproofing?

Thanks.

Bob
Old 10-21-2009, 03:41 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgconway View Post
Hello NJ,

I do most of the work on our cars/truck, but looking for a good shop for our 2002 F350 7.3. For now, it needs ball joints; I'm also considering rustproofing because, like all of us, I plan to keep forever.

Any recommendations near Somerville/Flemington NJ? Any thoughts on rustproofing?

Thanks.

Bob
Hey Bob, theres a NJ member Cliff (plowin4u) that has a shop in South Amboy, minutes off 287 south, near the parkway.

If you contact him I sure he can help you, unless it's too far for you. I don't know anyone down in the Somerville/Flemington area. Do you have an emergency repair or you just looking for someone reputable?
Old 10-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Freshman User

Steve,

Thanks for the reply. No emergency repair needed, just looking to get to know a reliable shop local. South Amboy a bit far for me (~50min).

Cheers,

Bob
Old 10-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Senior User

Muddedprairie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bob,

Station Auto in white house Eric the owner a great guy.... Where are you from flemington? I used to work for flem car & truck country....

Mark
06-FX4 3-inch lift 35-BFG's 2.5 inch leaveling kit,F250 leaf springs, K&N air filter and intake,Throttle body spacer,flow master 3' exhaust,Edge performance box, Motive 456 gears,Frt class 3 hitch, tinted windows...
Old 10-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Posting Guru

ranger1999 Bob has a good reputation on FTE.ranger1999 Bob has a good reputation on FTE.ranger1999 Bob has a good reputation on FTE.
Robert Olson
if you ever get up near woodbridge i know a shop NOT to go to you can PM me for the info on that one
Old 10-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Posting Guru

plowin4u is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.plowin4u is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thank you for the recommendation Steve, hey Bob, I know front end work can be very costly for the truck, it requires special equipment to perform that task,if your local shops are ripping you off, i may be able to help you out,it may be worth the trip to south amboy to save a few bucks. Let me know, thanks Cliff
Old 10-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Freshman User

F350

Cliff, thanks for the suggestion. I need ball joints on RH side, want to be sure to do O-rings and needle bearing also. I've got the tools, equipment and knowledge, just not the time! Thanks. Bob
Old 11-01-2009, 12:42 AM
Senior User

twall_SD250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
whats the name of the place in south amboy i just move out of south amboy last month and move one town over to parlin... i have 2001 f250sd with a 5.4l and looking for someone whos good... i always did everything myself on my truck but since i had back surgery last year i havent been able to do it anymore
Old 11-01-2009, 12:52 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by twall_SD250 View Post
whats the name of the place in south amboy i just move out of south amboy last month and move one town over to parlin... i have 2001 f250sd with a 5.4l and looking for someone whos good... i always did everything myself on my truck but since i had back surgery last year i havent been able to do it anymore
First thing is Welcome to FTE and don't forget to join the NJ Chapter, just contact plowin4u, he is on Main Street, in the old car dealer lot.

He'll see this, but you need to have at least 25 posts to be able to Private Message.

Also were having a NJ Chapter GTG in Woodbridge on the 14th, check here:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/89...g-12-5-pm.html
Old 11-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Posting Guru

plowin4u is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.plowin4u is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks Steve, I'm here, twall, I am located on main and broadway at the old briggs chevy dealer, drop in anytime during the day, I am usually there 9 am to 3 pm tues thru sat.,come all the way in back of big parking lot behind beige fence, you will see a bunch of garages in back and look for white super duty with fte stickers on back window.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:08 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter

Tags
4x4, nj, shops