Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever see a Brand New 1991 Dually,..? Check this out,..

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 04:06 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,218 Likes on 801 Posts
Is the original MSRP window sticker available? If so, can you post a pic?

In order for this truck to remain in mint condition, it will have to be stored in similar fashion to what it has been. It also needs to be and deserves to be driven simply to prevent the need for repairs as parts dry out from non use.

It would be almost criminal for someone to obtain this beauty and work the hell out of it with no appreciation for how gorgeous she is.

I wouldn't dare pass judgement on her value. She isn't even broke in yet and she has so many goodies that most trucks don't have.

Tim

Old 10-22-2009, 09:33 PM
fordmudgrappler
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude that thing is amazing. its in incredible condition!!!!!! talk about a shweet deal

Old 10-22-2009, 09:41 PM
dwrestle
Elder User
I wonder if the tv works now or if you need a converter lol. That is one nice truck it's like a time machine. There are a lot of nice trucks that have been "restored" with fancy paint jobs and the like, and I assumed they looked better than the original brand new factory paint job, but after seeing your truck it's clear to me I didn't really have anything to judge by. The paint job on your truck looks better than most brand new trucks of 2009, it just shines like nothing I've ever seen. Did all the trucks shine like that back then? Why don't they shine like that now(the 2009 trucks)?

Old 10-23-2009, 12:11 AM
sdmayhew
Freshman User
WOW!!! that is a time trip. I would buy it and my wife would kill me

Old 10-23-2009, 12:28 AM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Blue Rebel
^^^^ Shoulda looked at the pics before ya posted that one... The trucks got 128k on it... not 12. Guy missed a digit when he filled out the ad.

nice catch, i even missed one digit when i looked at the pics, that glare is pretty bad, i should report his *** for false advertising LOL

really wish i coulda found the ad for that shortbox i was tellin ya bout, man she was sweet

any way...back to the black beauty...i would probably pay 20-30k for it LOL but of course being the cheap *** i am you could probably sell it for more, up here any way

Old 10-23-2009, 01:26 AM
Midwest Dually
Posting Guru
Biscutts and Butter... That is a true rare gem to find, and a huge congrats on snatching up such a classic and unique beauty! That is definately the best and rarest peice I have laid eyes on in some time! Truely mint and gorgeous!

May I add that I am pleased to hear your plans for it.. Which isnt to disect it and mod such a perfect peice of machinery that it is! Big time kudos to you!

Old 10-23-2009, 09:46 AM
DarrinGT
Senior User
Is the original MSRP window sticker available? If so, can you post a pic?

In order for this truck to remain in mint condition, it will have to be stored in similar fashion to what it has been. It also needs to be and deserves to be driven simply to prevent the need for repairs as parts dry out from non use.

It would be almost criminal for someone to obtain this beauty and work the hell out of it with no appreciation for how gorgeous she is.

I wouldn't dare pass judgement on her value. She isn't even broke in yet and she has so many goodies that most trucks don't have.
Hey Tim, I agree with your comments! It would hate to have to work this truck. It should be in a museum! Right now it is nicley nesseled in my heated shop out of the rain and elements, and that is where it will stay for the now, hell I am afraid to drive it!

Yes I got all of the original paperwork with the truck. The original invoice says that he paid right at $30K for the truck, $3,0720.22 total out the door. The truck was $22,939.00 from Ford without the Centurion Conversion.

Then he added:

$4,000.00 sound system
$1,400 Transfer Flow Fuel Tanks
$ 500.00 for a custom built toneau cover.
$ 669.00 for new Bridgstone Tires.

I have all of the receipts as well.

So he invested $37,289.00 into a truck that got used about twice a year. Can you imagine dong that at today's prices? Buy a 50K truck just to let it sit in your Heated shop,..?

Here is a pic of some of the paperwork, including an original Centurion Brochure!

Old 10-23-2009, 10:20 AM
DarrinGT
Senior User
How much is that truck worth new? What depreciates the value is the fact this is 2009 and we have newer trucks now - that's the killer. However if it were me, I would keep that truck mint - in ten years, twenty.. that thing is going to be worth some serious money.

By the way, please don't be insulted by what I said - I didn't mean your truck is worth any less than a 2009 equivilant. What I'm saying is how people do business. Isn't your truck already rated as a classic? I forget what year it is again. The price on that truck might already be rising.

You're not thinking about selling it, are you? Because I will go all Jackie Chan on your tail.
The truck was work 30K new. see previous post.

Not insulted at all, that is a fair deduction. I figure that you can buy a new CC gasser dually for about 40K, so just for pure function this 91 should be worth about 20 to 25K. Hard to say.

Hold the Jakie Chan for a little, not sure what I am doing with the truck yet,..

considering that the newer duallies are worth 60K, with half the luxury of this one, I would gladly pay 19-30K for it, but not much more me thinks, not saying its not worth more of course :P
Yesterday 03:12 PM
I think you could buy a fully loaded Diesel 4x4 for $60K but a 2wd gassar loaded is closer to $40K Not that I have priced them out lateley, just sort of a guess. With that you are comparing more apples to apples.

Very nice find!

I have not seen this in years! My uncle had a Centurion 4 door Bronco thing back in the day. It had this same setup. Thanks for taking me back to the old days.
Thanks, My Pleasure! I have seen these old Centurions a lot and remember them when they first came out. It is fun to see a time capsule like this!

Okay, it's in what I would consider mint condition to use coin terminology. Not uncirculated, the next step. It has been used ( 6,000 miles, big deal ). Looks like it should be in a museum. Like somebody else said, keep it stored & it should just go up in value. By the way, I'm still jealous & coveting . Sweet truck!! How do you put a price on a museum item? Find an appraiser who does classic cars & get it appraised. Don't go by " the book " value. They're going to say '91, 20 years old - book value = $500.00 ( maybe ) The book wasn't designed for situations like this. That thing should take first place / grand champion in any show you were to put it in. They don't make books for that.
yup Well Said!, It really should be in some museum somewhere. Maybe Jay Leno needs to add this beauty to his collection! That would be cool,...

Wow!!! That is beautiful! Nice find! How does it run?? I would think because of sitting so long it would run a little rough.
Thanks, It runs like brand new! I have driven it less than 100 miles.

I wonder if the tv works now or if you need a converter lol. That is one nice truck it's like a time machine. There are a lot of nice trucks that have been "restored" with fancy paint jobs and the like, and I assumed they looked better than the original brand new factory paint job, but after seeing your truck it's clear to me I didn't really have anything to judge by. The paint job on your truck looks better than most brand new trucks of 2009, it just shines like nothing I've ever seen. Did all the trucks shine like that back then? Why don't they shine like that now(the 2009 trucks)?
The TV would need a converter to work nowadays, it seems not to be digital ready,.go figure. It does work with the VCP. I think a nice 9"LCD would fit nicely and replace the VCP with a little DVD player. that is if you are planning on using the truck. The Vintage stuff is pretty cool though,..

For the paint that shines, I really don't know. But these Centruions came from the factory with all of the stripes and graphics down the side. The owner just wanted all black so Centurion removed all of the graphics and repainted the truck before it was delivered. This is very possibly the one of the only Centruion Conversions that didnt' have the muilti colored paint jobs. Then the PO had the pinstripes hand painted on. The truck looks better in person than it does in the pics. Simply amazing!

WOW!!! that is a time trip. I would buy it and my wife would kill me
Yea, then SHE would get the truck,..probably not a good plan,..

Biscutts and Butter... That is a true rare gem to find, and a huge congrats on snatching up such a classic and unique beauty! That is definately the best and rarest peice I have laid eyes on in some time! Truely mint and gorgeous!

May I add that I am pleased to hear your plans for it.. Which isnt to disect it and mod such a perfect piece of machinery that it is! Big time kudos to you!

Thanks Man, I am really enjoying sharing it to everyone on this site. Makes having something like this a lot funner!

Old 10-23-2009, 10:52 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,218 Likes on 801 Posts
With all that "original" documentation and the rig in the condition she's in, I wouldn't settle for anything less than exactly what you would happen to be asking.

You might find a rig this pristine in Ford's museum.

Tim

Old 10-23-2009, 11:00 AM
sdmayhew
Freshman User
I would have a classic car appraiser look it over. This one of those trucks that if you found the right person at Barnet Jackson if would bring lots of money

Old 10-23-2009, 11:34 AM
nnero
Elder User
There are really no words to describe your truck. I was actually depressed after looking at it. I have never wanted a new "new" truck. I just want mine when it was brandnew. If you have the space, i would never get rid of it.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:39 PM
BCHauler
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I second the professional appraisal. Give you an idea of its value and will cover you in the event something were to ever happen to it.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:03 PM
cchimuk
Senior User
Very nice find by the way, and exactly what the previous posters said about the pro appraisers, and not some insurance hack. Be good to her.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:36 PM
DarrinGT
Senior User
It has been a tough decision but it looks like I will be putting it up for sale. I really was considering selling my red 89 F350 and keeping this 91 but it is just too nice for me to keep. I am nervous enough driving it as it is, and I don't have enough shop space to keep both trucks in the inside for the winter months, and winter is coming.

So if someone is interested, let me know. I will probably put it on E-bay and see what happens.

Thanks!
Darrin

Old 10-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Buy a classic hot-rod with a good heavy duty hitch installed, and tow that truck on a flatbed to the car shows!....................Incredible find, I would rather have that over a new SD any day!.............My 93 F-250 I bought with 22,000 miles in 06' pales in comparison to your find.

Quick Reply: Ever see a Brand New 1991 Dually,..? Check this out,..