Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Searching For Our Former '89 Bronco Somewhere In Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2002, 04:39 PM
DeGideo
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 25-May-02 AT 05:42 PM (EST)]I recently found out through a Carfax report,our old 1989 red&white Custom is now titled in the state of Colorado.Since we were the original owners,we wanted to see what type of condition it is in now.We might want to buy it back again....we are looking for another Bronco project(restoration).The VIN is 1FMEU15Y1KLA82011.The Bronco in question is deluxe two-tone red&white,with a white fiberglass top,powered by a EFI4.9L I-6,backed by a three-speed automatic,and 3.55:1 gears with a rear limited-slip axle.The interior is red,with optional red cloth benchseats,standard rubber floor covering,and it had the optional Heavy Duty Front Suspension Package.We traded it in at Delran Ford in Delran,New Jersey in May 1994 for a 1994 Bronco.Our '89's original built date was on March 3,1989.Any help/leeds you can give us would be greatly appeciated.Thanks.

Old 05-26-2002, 11:28 AM
Bull
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't seen any Bronco like that yet but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Old 06-16-2002, 12:29 PM
DeGideo
Posting Guru

Thanks, but according to the Colorado DMV, they can't give out the current owner's information.I found a twin to our '89 Bronco, about 4 miles from our house,here in Pennsylvania.Before I found out about ours now residing in CO.,I thought this one was our old one.Turns out the owner might be willing to sell it.I guess that saying holds truth:"You never know until you ask".This Bronco has a EFI5.0L/AOD, instead of a EFI4.9L/C-6 ours had,but this one is a lot closer that Colorado....besides,we always regretted not getting a 5.0L,or 5.8L in ours in the first place.

Old 06-16-2002, 03:10 PM
DeGideo
Posting Guru

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 16-Jun-02 AT 04:11 PM (EST)]After I posted that last reply, I decided to check out our local selling area via Auto Trader. There is a red&white two-tone 1990 Bronco for sale at a small used dealer 18 miles from our house.Since it was nice out today, I took a ride up there to check it out.What I found is a clean,straight,nearly rust free Bronco with a 5.0L/AOD,red bucket seat interior,2"-3" body lift,American Racing rims mounted on Continental P265/75-15" tires,Warn manual hubs,and a white, fiberglass roof.They list the mileage as 69,444,but it could be 169,444.The only rust on it was a small section around each rear wheelwell(surface rust,not bubbled up,or through),and about a four inch section in the middle of the tailgate,near the bottom.Nothing that can't be fixed....the only other visible problem is both bucket seats show a lot of wear.They don't list a price on it,but I plan on calling them,and asking.I would e-mail them,but most of the time places don't get back to you thinking you aren't seriously interested in the vehicle. I'm VERY interested in this Bronco....if the price is right.

Old 06-17-2002, 07:36 PM
Paarrothead
Senior User

Oh, c'mon. You remembered you must have left a billfold with $2,000 in it stuffed under the passenger seat, didn't you?

-Bill in Colorado

Old 06-18-2002, 06:24 PM
DeGideo
Posting Guru

Nope.But if we did,the current owner must have been awful happy to discover it.Hey,easy come,easy go.

Old 06-18-2002, 09:22 PM
Paarrothead
Senior User