Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Custom Exhaust Shops

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2002, 12:13 AM
dassmoof
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom Exhaust Shops

Well, I'm pretty close and will most likely buy an '86 Bronco next week (Finally after months and months of saving money I've finally got enough money to buy my Ford). I checked it out. It definetly needs new exhaust. I can't find any at Jegs or Summit (Found headers but thats it) and even if I do, most the time it's not true dual. So I've been trying to find some places around Co. that'll build some custom exhaust. Anyone know some and what their prices run for a header and pipes customization and then just pipes

Old 06-09-2002, 06:36 AM
BlueOvalBoy
Senior User
Custom Exhaust Shops

dass,
Big word said about exhaust pro's in northglenn. They are priced a little on the high side but they have been around 15 years or so. I have heard from fellow s/d drivers as they have been putting exhausts on their powerstrokes. I had them do duals and turbo mufflers with stock exit on my old cutlass. They do good work from my experience. I have also tried bud's muffler in denver and also mighty muffler in westminster.

Skinny dude always driving a 3/4 ton ford pickup.

Old 06-09-2002, 09:50 AM
Paarrothead
Senior User
Custom Exhaust Shops

You didn't say where you are but I've had GREAT custom work on several different vehicles done at Ken's in Longmont. Good prices and boy, can they ever weld pretty joints.

FWIW, because of federal and state emission laws, if your vehicle originally came manufactured with ONE catalytic and a single exhaust, it might be hard to find any shop that'll put true duals on it (during the day- heh). I couldn't find any shops that woud put true duals on my F-250, even though it's registered as an emission exempt farm truck. A single 3" low restriction cat and muffler worked OK, though, we measured the back pressure by temporarily installing a pressure guage in one of the oxy sensor bungs and it's very, very low. I'm not worried about losing any performance.

-Bill

---------------------
1996 Ex/Cab F-250 4x2 Long bed 460
E4OD auto, 10.25" 4.10 Stirling posi, Air-Lift suspension,
homebrew cold-air intake w/K&N filter, modified ignition
advance curve, Edelbrock 2x61 mm throttle body, Bosch Platinum +2 plugs,
Champion truck plug wires, L&L long tube headers,
3" exhaust system, cat & Flowmaster 70, modified MAF
meter, spins Michelin LTX 265/75/16E, Mobil 1 10W-30, Red Line
D4 ATF, Red Line 80W-90 in axle. Reese hitch.
10 to 12.8 MPG, 5,700 lbs.
{E\...F}

Old 06-12-2002, 08:11 PM
dassmoof
Senior User
Custom Exhaust Shops

I'm in Louisville.
And yes this could present a problem. My Bronco (Which I now own, will get on Saturday and will be able to drive on Monday) is a single exhaust and it's getting new emissions tomorrow. Well if I can't get true dual, I'll probably get the single that splits into dual. I want a more beastly grunt and definetly need to crank some more power out of it. 210 just doesn't seem like enough

Old 07-10-2002, 09:01 PM
460RV
Freshman User
Custom Exhaust Shops

Hey guys
I recently purchased a 86 class B RV (E350) with a 460. It had an exhaust leak from the exhaust manifold gasket so I thought it would be time for hedders. I ordered a set of Heddman's from Summit Racing but they don't have the fitings for the air injection from the air pump. I am trying to find someone who will either install them without the air fittings or be willing to weld on fittings for the air injection. I have been told of the 460 board that I can run the air to the cat but I don't have one which is an unusual combination. I will give exhaust pros a call. If I don't have any sucess with them can someone recommend a shop that could weld the fittings onto the hedders?

Thanks in advance,
Jim Ireland
In Evergreen with a tired 460

Old 07-15-2002, 09:38 AM
adelyser
Elder User
Custom Exhaust Shops

I just removed the air pump/injection system altogether. It frees up a couple of horses. Mine runs to the CAT, but your setup should be just as easy to do. I am not sure how it would affect emissions, but installing the headers without the air-injection would be the same.

Old 07-24-2002, 01:53 PM
bambamn
Junior User
Custom Exhaust Shops