Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Kentucky Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Elder User

Country705 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I need to be slapped with the Ford Logo!

alright guys i went to vist the clay city speedway and i found a guy there that was really tearin up the track with 12.5 times. My heart was filled with ford pride because it was a 1994 Ford F150 short bed. That was untill he opened the hood and showed a LS1 engine with a 4l80e tranny. and the worst part is i would of never guessed it wasn't a ford it had the power the growl and everything. Well Ed the owner of the truck took me for a drive and i got to tell you as ford as i am that ls1 engine definatly gave me a thrill. My head went back in the seat a few times. The engine he used was a Lq4 6.0 liter and he said he was putting out almost 500lbs of torq and about 425hp. I gotta say i was impressed and because i enjoyed it i feel i betrayed my ford family. On another note it was a hell of a ride.

Albert Einstein
Old 10-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Post Fiend

CampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputation
Hadn't been to the Clay City Drag Strip in probably 15 years. I drive past it all the time though. I always viewed Fords as work vehicles, Chevys as play vehicles. You can get more power out of a chevy for the same amount of money than you can a ford. Dollar for dollar, chevy will almost always win. No different than comparing a 12V cummins to any other diesel in the pickup line of trucks. You can get more power out of a 12V cummins than anything else out there, with less money.

My only question is, why go through the trouble of installing a chevy engine and tranny in a ford truck? Why not run a chevy truck with the engine? I guess he just had to do it.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:21 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Kentucky Chapter

Tags
chevy, ky, melbourne, truck