Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Senior User

Totoro is starting off with a positive reputation.
Where do you get your vehicle serviced.

Aside from some of the do it yourself stuff, where do you take you vehicle to get serviced? Dealerships? Chain stores (Fountain Tire, Goodyear etc)? Independant shops? etc?

I'm looking for a balance of reliable and affordable service options, especially in the lower mainland. Recommendations? Horror Stories?

Thanks in advance!
My Expy has a cloaking device installed. Need to have it disabled. People seem to look right at me and still pull out right in front. They don't seem to see the big red truck! The horn serves only temporarily de-cloak!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2003 Ford Expedition EB 4WD 5.4L(The Thirsty One)
2000 Volvo S80 T6 2.8L Bi-Turbo(Not So Thirsty)
Old 10-16-2009, 02:17 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
I do all my own stuff. All of it.

Being in Princeton I don't think I could recommend any one down there. I thinks sometimes it's pretty tough to find someone you can trust.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 10-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Postmaster

J_E_Summit has a very good reputation on FTE.J_E_Summit has a very good reputation on FTE.J_E_Summit has a very good reputation on FTE.
Depends, I have been taking my truck in to the dealer for regular services because I just don't have time, and they can do it for the same price as I can buy the oil and filter

I do my own air/fuel filters, rotate tires . . . etc.

I have only had one non warrenty problem and it involved the dealer's body shop (only trustworthy body shop in this small town).

The ford dealer up here has a pretty good service department, but the parts department is a bit of a let down. There is also a couple of local shops that are really good and my truck will see them for any work that I can't do, after the warrenty is off.

Ok, my fingers are sore from typing now

Jason
2008 F250SD XLT Chrome Supercab Long Box 5.4L Torqshift 3.73LS
SCT X3 from 5 Star, IQR Headache Rack, BetterBuilt Box, Custom Deckover
BC Chapter Member
Slackmaster #26
Old 10-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Elder User

rob188 is starting off with a positive reputation.
for all the regular maintenance on my 07 f150 i did myself and it was under warranty so any issues i had i took it to the dealer i bought it at, same goes for the 08 escape i just purchased from the same dealer, any warranty stuff goes wrong on it then its going to the dealer.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:56 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob188 View Post
for all the regular maintenance on my 07 f150 i did myself and it was under warranty so any issues i had i took it to the dealer i bought it at, same goes for the 08 escape i just purchased from the same dealer, any warranty stuff goes wrong on it then its going to the dealer.
Key West Ford or other dealer? I've only dealt with them once so far. Seemed like an alright bunch.
My Expy has a cloaking device installed. Need to have it disabled. People seem to look right at me and still pull out right in front. They don't seem to see the big red truck! The horn serves only temporarily de-cloak!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Postmaster

Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.
i use Richport Ford, but only because its the closest dealer to my place..

im not overly sold on the place as a whole..i have other Ford dealers around but they are all farther away..

i try to do my own stuff for whats practical, but if its gunna involve tons of hours/tools and technology, i use the dealer..

"list of previous owned Fords much to long to list here.."
Old 10-21-2009, 02:38 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordfanatic4life View Post

im not overly sold on the place as a whole..i have other Ford dealers around but they are all farther away..

i try to do my own stuff for whats practical, but if its gunna involve tons of hours/tools and technology, i use the dealer..
Thanks, I've taken my vehicle there once. While the service wasn't bad, I can't say "Wow!" either. I would say my experience at Key West Ford was better.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:46 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordfanatic4life View Post

I'm too cheap to use the dealer. Plus the nearest one to me is over an hour away.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 10-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Posting Guru

BCHauler has a good reputation on FTE.BCHauler has a good reputation on FTE.
The only time I use the dealer is for my wife's Mercedes. I did do the last brake job on it though. I try to do all of my own maintenance but thats because I'm kind of cheap and my truck is old. On a newer vehicle, I'd probably go dealer.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Junior User

Ehkart is starting off with a positive reputation.
I use a local mechanic who runs out of his own garage. Thought he had a shop years ago downtown but didn't like paying rent and employees. So hes not really a backyard mechanic I guess. But the cool part is hes completely trustworthy(even more so because I went to school with his daughter ;P), extremely good at what he does and only charges $35/hr. Though because of all these things hes quite busy and hard to book with on short notice.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:25 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia

Tags
bc, ford, fords, forum, richport