Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Freshman User

DFD FF 2511 is starting off with a positive reputation.
who makes the best tuner/chip and gauges for a '99 PSD

i'm not intending to start a pi$$ing contest here, but here's the deal. i'm stepping up from my F-150 SuperCrew and getting my first PSD this coming friday. it's a late '99 (manufactured 7/99) 7.3 auto with 3.73s that's bone stock and has 117k miles on the clock. i'm looking for a tuner that will do the following:

economy tuning (65hp or so)
high idle
EBPV exhaust brake
and high fuel for smoke

i've found a few individual HP chips, and exhaust brake chips, but i'm wanting to be able to do all the above. a flip chip or something similar would be perfect, since i'll occasionally want to run it stock. the truck is gonna be my daily driver, and i'm not looking for a street rod, just something fun and dependable, so i won't need a 100+ hp "extreme" power setting or anything like that. i plan on leaving the transmissoin stock as long as it lasts. i'm wondering who you guys have found to have the most dependable, user/truck-friendly programmers that won't set me back a paycheck. also, i'm looking for a good set of triple cluster A-pillar gauges that are (hopefully) fairly easy to DIY install. any positive input would be great, and thanks in advance. oh, and goodbye sparks plugs, let the black smoke roll...
Old 10-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Post Fiend

superduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud of
Click the image to open in full size.

Search is your friend... this has been discussed a million times over. AFAIK DP Tuner is the only one offering an EBPV/decel tune. Other good tuners- Swamps, PHP, Tony Wildman, BTS.
Gauges- Isspro's from Clay at Riffraff Diesel
PAA Member #2
97 F350 CCLB 4x4 PSD
96 F350 CCLB 4x4 PSD - totaled 4/17/11 and sorely missed
God speed PaysonPSD, you will be missed
ThumperTalk / All Things Moto! / Back Country Rebels / SAWS / BRC
Old 10-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Hit it!

Ponyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud of
ChrisMPorras
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty4x4 View Post
Click the image to open in full size.
2002 F350 XLT, 7.3L CC 4x4, SRW, Autometer Ultralites, DP TUNER, BTS Trans, 6.0 tranny cooler, F650 dash, AIS w/zoodad, Warn Hubs, 4" MBRP exhaust, '08 rear end cover, Foil Delete, Heated Tow Mirrors, AIH Delete, Homemade CCV mod., Bilsteins.
The Silver Bullitt PAA# 24
Old 10-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Posting Guru

crazymut is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.crazymut is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Terry Horigan
X2 and welcome aboard. DP Tuner for your tuner and Clay for your Isspro gauges

PAA #22 RHN Supporter
2001 F250 PSD, 4x4, auto, xcab, Power Slot rotors, Hawk pads, 6637 KWIK, Petes cover, 9007 Ultra Whites, , Bilsteins, 4in. MKO turbo back, DP TUNER, Isspro gauges, John Woods Trans, 168,000 miles
Old 10-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Postmaster

CSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to behold
Swamps, DI, Tony, PHP, any of those are great! Isspro for your gauges.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Former Vendor

Groovy Chick is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFD FF 2511 View Post
i'm not intending to start a pi$$ing contest here, but here's the deal. i'm stepping up from my F-150 SuperCrew and getting my first PSD this coming friday. it's a late '99 (manufactured 7/99) 7.3 auto with 3.73s that's bone stock and has 117k miles on the clock. i'm looking for a tuner that will do the following:

high idle
EBPV exhaust brake
and high fuel for smoke

i've found a few individual HP chips, and exhaust brake chips, but i'm wanting to be able to do all the above. a flip chip or something similar would be perfect, since i'll occasionally want to run it stock. the truck is gonna be my daily driver, and i'm not looking for a street rod, just something fun and dependable, so i won't need a 100+ hp "extreme" power setting or anything like that. i plan on leaving the transmissoin stock as long as it lasts. i'm wondering who you guys have found to have the most dependable, user/truck-friendly programmers that won't set me back a paycheck. also, i'm looking for a good set of triple cluster A-pillar gauges that are (hopefully) fairly easy to DIY install. any positive input would be great, and thanks in advance. oh, and goodbye sparks plugs, let the black smoke roll...
Sorry, we can help you out with everything but the Decel/Brake tune. If you'd like to find out why we don't you're welcome to check out our FAQs page: Why PHP Doesn't Offer a Decel/Brake Calibration (third question from the bottom). If you decide that a Decel/Brake tune isn't for you, feel free to give us a shout, and we'll be happy to help!

Good luck!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Senior User

Rockrunner86 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Swamps, DI, Tony, PHP, any of those are great! Isspro for your gauges.

I agree with Joe. Swamp, DI, Tony, PHP. But would also add Matt from Gear Head..
Old 10-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Postmaster

CSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrunner86 View Post
I agree with Joe. Swamp, DI, Tony, PHP. But would also add Matt from Gear Head..

Was going to put Matt in there too, but I could not remember his company name!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor

Groovy Chick is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I checked on Tony's and Matt's websites before I posted, and it's not listed on there, but I think the OP would be thrilled with either one. They're both great tuners and wonderful people! Click the image to open in full size. <---one thumb for each!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Postmaster

hucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to all
Another vote for DP-Tuner, great customer service.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:44 PM

megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hucka1a View Post
Another vote for DP-Tuner, great customer service.
I agree Huck they have been great to me. My F6 is waiting to be installed with the rest of the goodies this weekend.
01 F350 DRW, Autometer Gauges, Custom CAI with Petes Cover, 6" Miter Stacks, 38R Turbo, Casserly SS Injectors, Live tuned by DP-Tuner (F6) , and a bunch of other stuff some show, and some go. PAA #14
www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org
RIP Robin Gone but not forgotten....RIP Mark.. I'll never forget you!!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:53 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

DP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys!!! Reps coming your way as soon as I get my netbook out at the hotel. The iPhone is nice, but it takes forever to post from.

Diane
Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

DP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to beholdDP-Tuner is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFD FF 2511 View Post

high idle
EBPV exhaust brake
and high fuel for smoke

i've found a few individual HP chips, and exhaust brake chips, but i'm wanting to be able to do all the above. a flip chip or something similar would be perfect, since i'll occasionally want to run it stock. the truck is gonna be my daily driver, and i'm not looking for a street rod, just something fun and

dependable, so i won't need a 100+ hp "extreme" power setting or anything like that. i plan on leaving the transmissoin stock as long as it lasts. i
wondering who you guys have found to have the most dependable, user/truck-
friendly programmers that won't set me back a paycheck. also, i'm looking for

a good set of triple cluster A-pillar gauges that are (hopefully) fairly easy to
DIY install. any positive input would be great, and thanks in
advance. oh, and goodbye sparks plugs, let the black smoke roll... :-
D
just passed charleston, wv 2 minutes ago.
Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 10-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
When my f5 switch went out on the DP, they sent me a new one free, no questions asked. 50000 + miles ago. no problems since.
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Posting Guru

PlatinumPete has a great reputation on FTE.PlatinumPete has a great reputation on FTE.PlatinumPete has a great reputation on FTE.PlatinumPete has a great reputation on FTE.PlatinumPete has a great reputation on FTE.PlatinumPete has a great reputation on FTE.
Pete Halpen Jr
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymut View Post
X2 and welcome aboard. DP Tuner for your tuner and Clay for your Isspro gauges

X3, I know there are others who do great work with their tunes but I can only speak from my personal experience. I absolutely love my DP tunes, it's like a whole new truck, and their customer service is great. I recently had a small issue with my switcher, purely cosmetic and all my own doing, I e-mailed Diane and she took care of me right away, no questions asked and no charge, not even shipping. As for gauges, I love my ISSPRO's and you won't find a better deal or a better guy to deal with than Clay at RiffRaff.
2001 F250, Platinum Edition (1 of 2482,thanks Ed),PAA #114, CC, SB, 4x4, auto, 295k +, DP TUNER - Live Tuned, Casserly Stg 1's, WW, 1.0 housing, ISSPRO's, 8.5" lift, 38" Kumho's, 20" welds, 4:30's, 4" turbo back, 6637, 650 dash, '08 diff cover+tailgate, '05 Lights+Grill, RiffRaff HPX,FRX+OCR, 522hp+1006tq Thanks to the new ZIGGY mod!
Old 10-14-2009, 10:09 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
19992003, 73, 99, black, chip, chips, diesel, dp, f250, gauges, powerstroke, psd, smoke, tuner, tuners