Sponsored by: DP Tuner

In light of the recent recall notice

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 04:12 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
In light of the recent recall notice

Click here for a page that allows you to see what recalls, if any, are still open on your vehicle (please don't rep me for this, credit goes to pjwoolw from the OBS forums). I punched in my VIN and found an old recall that was never performed on my truck.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:20 PM
bc2sv
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stopped by the dealership in Twin Falls today and he told me the cruise control recall did not apply to diesels, so I called Ford and they some actually are(mine was added yesterday). If you call be prepared to wait on hold for a while and be sure to have your VIN. The current recall is called 09s09 on my truck. You can check at Owner Log On Page at click on the recall tab, then enter your tab. Ford # is 800-392-3673.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
A word of warning to everyone on the cruise control switch recall.

In another forum, a guy called his local dealership to inquire about the recall. He also requested that the dealership NOT perform the CPS recall. The dealership refused, stating that they would perform a safety inspection for other recalls, and would have to perform the CPS recall too.

So for those of you with black CPS's who want to keep the black CPS in your truck, just keep this in mind.

Might be a good idea to throw in a grey CPS if you already have one as a temporary thing until your cruise control recall is complete. That way you won't lose your black CPS.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:39 PM
bc2sv
Senior User
Sorry, I tried the owner log on page and it must be designed by the same people who write the owners manual, completely worthless!! The top log-on in Superduty's OP is much better.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:44 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Originally Posted by bc2sv
I stopped by the dealership in Twin Falls today and he told me the cruise control recall did not apply to diesels, so I called Ford and they some actually are(mine was added yesterday). If you call be prepared to wait on hold for a while and be sure to have your VIN. The current recall is called 09s09 on my truck. You can check at Owner Log On Page at click on the recall tab, then enter your tab. Ford # is 800-392-3673.
Next time you are in there would you mind kicking a few people in the ***** for me? I can't stand the effing crooks at that craphole pathetic excuse of a car dealership they call Middlekauff Ford... BASTAGES!
Doesn't surprise me that the fools there hadn't heard that Ford expanded the recall... they'd probably all forget their own names if their mommy's didn't write it inside the waistband on their underwear.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:05 PM
bc2sv
Senior User
Ha Ha Ha... unfortunately they are a large step above Sawtooth Ford in Ketchum... see why I'm in here??

Old 10-14-2009, 05:08 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
I would drive to a dealership 1,000 miles away before I'll ever set foot inside Middlekauff Ford again... Sawtooth Ford must really be in the crapper if they are worse than the clowns at Middlekauff.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:08 PM
clintbonnie
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just found this on the web.. from Edunmds.com... Our diesel trucks are affected by this cruise control recall as of today..see:
Ford Recall Up Over 14 Million

Old 10-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by clintbonnie
Just found this on the web.. from Edunmds.com... Our diesel trucks are affected by this cruise control recall as of YESTERDAY..see:
Ford Recall Up Over 14 Million
Fixed it for ya! It was announced yesterday.

Stewart

Old 10-14-2009, 07:29 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for posting this Chase, punched in my vin and the recall for the speed sensor came up for me. While I was at it, I called my inlaws and I checked their 3 Ford vehicles also, theirs was clean. My CPS recall was done before I got this black CPS, was having shut down issues with the stock one and they replaced it with the Gray, now my spare.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Bigcat350
Posting Guru
Thanks for the site Chase. I just punched in my VIN# and it came up recall also so I just printed it and will call my favorite steelership to get it done. They have already done the CPS and I all ready replaced it back with the black one. I don't think they will change it again.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:51 PM
triskit16
Postmaster
Does anyone know exactly what/where theyre fusing for this fix? I put my VIN in and despite getting a refund for my CPS they still havent taken me off the list yet and I do not want them touching anything. From what I can tell they are just doing a fused jumper from somewhere to somewhere else. Just want to know some info to do this myself soon...

Old 10-14-2009, 08:02 PM
crazymut
Laughing Gas

Just checked mine found both cps and speed control switch on there.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:07 PM
PlatinumPete
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Bigcat350
Thanks for the site Chase. I just punched in my VIN# and it came up recall also so I just printed it and will call my favorite steelership to get it done. They have already done the CPS and I all ready replaced it back with the black one. I don't think they will change it again.
I wouldn't take that chance, if they see a black cps in there they will change it. If I were you I would put the grey one back in before I went in. Just my 2 cents

Old 10-14-2009, 08:13 PM
crazymut
Laughing Gas

The one I have as a spare is one that was intermitantly failing, I will put that one in when I go in and keep the one that is in there now as a spare.

Quick Reply: In light of the recent recall notice