Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Postmaster

nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.
well guys

im really sorry to say but as of tonight i've decided to completly leave FTF. Just cant deal with the size of the site and the rudness of many many members. i have been mostly invisible on here since bout march which was the point in time i found my new home for Ford Truck talk. so i'd just like to say good bye to everybody. ill probably still log on for the next week or so to check my PM's but after that you'd have to message me Via email to find out anything from me.

AOD, red clutch packs, 2" OD band, Rebuilt/upgraded valve body, Stall coming soon
Old 10-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Posting Guru

torkum is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
WOW Chris, you've been a stable in the chapter and in the middle TN Ford truck scene. Hate to see you pull out .

www.TrueBlueTrucks.com
Old 10-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Postmaster

nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.
im still thinking bout only being active in the TN chapter. i just cant stand the regular postin area. to many rude people constantly bashing people that are just askin a question that might be new to the site and not know how to use the search function.

AOD, red clutch packs, 2" OD band, Rebuilt/upgraded valve body, Stall coming soon
Old 10-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Post Fiend

Neal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud of
The whole site is not that way. Up in the diesel sections there is alot of help and friendly people. We even choose to not have many stickies so that it will promote interaction within the forum. The more questions asked the better. The more communication the better!

I hate to see you leave. I really like your OBS.
97 F250 Full Force 275/200's, DP Tuner Live Tuned, Modded H2E, Terminated HPOS, Comp 910's, ARP studs, Swamps Pushrods, 6.oh Cooler, BDP elec. reg. return fuel, Valair dual disc clutch, RSK, D60, SD 1 ton springs DRD INMATE # 40
Neal's Pics and H2E install
Tennessee Chapter Member Join Chapter here
Old 10-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Sorry to see that you are leaving Chris. Are you familar with the "Report Post" feature to report those inappropriate posts and let the moderators deal with them?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Senior User

Paco_Jones is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm new here only a few days and I have seen what your talking about. Not every bit of information is in a sticky. I've also seen some people being sorta rude to new members.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Internet Brands

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
We can't improve without feedback, may I ask if you can prrovide me with more details about the "unpleasantness" you state you have experienced.
If you don't feel comfortable disclosing it in public (which I can understand) - feel free to PM me
Old 10-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Posting Guru

Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nflfreak43 View Post
im still thinking bout only being active in the TN chapter. i just cant stand the regular postin area. to many rude people constantly bashing people that are just askin a question that might be new to the site and not know how to use the search function.
I encountered much the same a few years ago. But it was the FTE site that proved the best and most helpful. I was trying to decide on either a Ford PowerStroke or a Dodge Cummins. I think they are both very similar, at least for my needs. But a Cummins forum really sent me packing just asking about pros and cons of either. I've never met a more rude crowd. The FTE crowd (on the Diesel sections) were very helpful. I decided to go with the Ford (which was my 1st choice, but somewhat costlier) mostly on the help I received. Most of which guided me away from the early 6.0 years. The 48 - 60 crowd has been immensely helpful and understanding as well.

I know that the TN forum has been very slow this year. I take my responsibility for not posting very much. Its been a BAD year at my house and its not getting better very soon. If you stay here, we'll at least be civil - I promise!
06 Saturn Vue
03 Nissan Altima
54 F100 (sold! at least the MH has a Ford V10)

Last edited by Fifty4F100; 10-13-2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: add content
Old 10-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco_Jones View Post
I'm new here only a few days and I have seen what your talking about. Not every bit of information is in a sticky. I've also seen some people being sorta rude to new members.
well to be honest you'll see as you get more and more into it. and to the mods and administrators i was a solid everyday poster for a little bit over a year. and it progressively got worse with the posters. now i know its hard to watch the thousands of post every hour that are put up but the members that consistantly show a disregard for respect for other members is constant. if someone that may have just signed up say today posts a question cause they didnt know how to use the search feature properly the vets on here typically post USE THE SEARCH MODE!!!! and to be honest the search feature doesnt work very well. along with the report post thing i dont even bother with it because i just dont feel like takin the time. because the member typically has no punishment. and another thing on another website i am on there are many members that have been permanantly banned from this site that are genuinly good people like the guy that made my signature Skandocious and may have gotten out of hand with a post 1 time and been perma banned or may have posted something contridicting what a sponsor or admin says and been banned. but yet there are members that everyday that make rediculous posts that if someone just surfing the site may see and be turned away due to that post thats not good for the site but no kind of punishment. the report post is useless.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Post Fiend

Ultramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud ofUltramagdan has much to be proud of
Quote:
the report post is useless.
That, I can assure you, is incorrect. You mentioned several issues and I encourage you to follow up with IB Adrian as he requested.
2006 KLR 685
Old 10-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Senior User

freekyFX4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just ignore those people who have nothing better to do than tell people to use the search feature.

2008 4x4 F250 FX4 Supercab 6.4L PSD
Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5x20 on stock rims - K5LA train horn - Warn HD winch bumper
Old 10-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Posting Guru

harleymsn has a great reputation on FTE.harleymsn has a great reputation on FTE.harleymsn has a great reputation on FTE.harleymsn has a great reputation on FTE.harleymsn has a great reputation on FTE.
I joined FTE when I bought my F250 V10 back in 2001. I stuck mostly with the Super duty section and found the folks there to be a pretty friendly group. Of course, that was 8 years ago and things sure can change. But I recently bought a 1950 F5 and have been posting in the "Fat fendered" section and those guys are really great. They have not appeared to be rude to me or anyone else that I have seen. I moved to Tennessee in 2004, but I had not been active on FTE in a long time, so I just recently joined this group. I hope you guys will stick around!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:49 AM
Post Fiend

Neal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud of
Please do stick around. And please do contact a moderator about attacks and rude behavior.
I have seen this from time to time and we usually curb it pretty quick and if we don't get it to stop a moderator will!
97 F250 Full Force 275/200's, DP Tuner Live Tuned, Modded H2E, Terminated HPOS, Comp 910's, ARP studs, Swamps Pushrods, 6.oh Cooler, BDP elec. reg. return fuel, Valair dual disc clutch, RSK, D60, SD 1 ton springs DRD INMATE # 40
Neal's Pics and H2E install
Tennessee Chapter Member Join Chapter here
Old 10-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Internet Brands

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
Quote:
well to be honest you'll see as you get more and more into it. and to the mods and administrators i was a solid everyday poster for a little bit over a year. and it progressively got worse with the posters. now i know its hard to watch the thousands of post every hour that are put up but the members that consistantly show a disregard for respect for other members is constant. if someone that may have just signed up say today posts a question cause they didnt know how to use the search feature properly the vets on here typically post USE THE SEARCH MODE!!!! and to be honest the search feature doesnt work very well. along with the report post thing i dont even bother with it because i just dont feel like takin the time. because the member typically has no punishment. and another thing on another website i am on there are many members that have been permanantly banned from this site that are genuinly good people like the guy that made my signature Skandocious and may have gotten out of hand with a post 1 time and been perma banned or may have posted something contridicting what a sponsor or admin says and been banned. but yet there are members that everyday that make rediculous posts that if someone just surfing the site may see and be turned away due to that post thats not good for the site but no kind of punishment. the report post is useless.
I am not overly sure where this bad posting is being experienced, because we have around 5000 new posts each day its nigh on impossible for our moderators to read them all, and without some assistance from yourself its difficult to come across violations of our guidelines.
On a personal aspect, I have never found any FTE members to tell a member to "use search" over providing them advice. If they have from what I have seen it has been along the lines of "I am sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but if you use search, you should be able to find it!".

As for former members that have had their access revoked, I don't feel its fair to such individuals to publicly discuss the reasonings behind such decisions, all I will state is that there are 2 sides to every story, and the reasonings you quote for their access being restricted are not the facts.

Best regards,
Adrian
Old 10-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Senior User

KDPate is starting off with a positive reputation.
I hate t see you go Chris but it's understandable. From being on various forums over the years you kinda have to weed out the good people from the bad and learn to let stuff roll off from the bad folks. I've met some good helpful people on here and I've met some real nutjobs who I think all they want to do is e-fight with whoever. If and wen you decide to come back you still have some folks to holler at

1989 Ford BroncoII - project Beer-chest.....

Old 10-14-2009, 05:04 PM