Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Marketplace > All Other Items for Sale
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

All Other Items for Sale All other items (non Ford Truck related) for sale. Tools for the garage, brake pads for your 66 Mustang and your beer fridge go here.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2009, 02:51 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Boring Bar

I have a Van Norman portable engine boring bar I no longer need ( sold my shop) It was factory rebuilt about 8 years ago, and I've only bored 10 engines with it since then. Comes with all tooling, and if interested I can post pics. $8,000 new. Will sell for $2,500.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 11-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Freshman User

Persnickity is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just saw your ad. Is this still for sale? Where 'bouts are you located in Eastern Oregon. I live in Prineville.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:40 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Yes, I still have it. I live 10 miles north of Condon Or. I will take some pictures tomorrow at the shop and post them up here tomorrow night. I don't remember which model it is but will look and post it tomorrow.

I did notice your not a member of the Oregon Chapter yet. If you click on the link in my sig and follow the instructions I'll approve your membership.

Don.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Freshman User

Thankyou Don! I have been looking for a Van Norman bar for a long while. Sure do hope this one works out.

God Bless y'all,
Rob
Old 11-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Freshman User

Hey Don,
The link does not work. Am I doing something wrong? Rob
Old 11-18-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persnickity View Post
Hey Don,
The link does not work. Am I doing something wrong? Rob
Nope, not your falt. I forgot the hiperlinks in the sigs are still down from the hacker problems. Try this link: Oregon Chapter - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

This is a link to the Chapter. At the top, left side you'll see a link that says "join chapter" click on that link, it is still working. If your interested I also have a water pressure test bench for heads and blocks, and an air driven "wet" valve grinding bench.
Don.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Freshman User

Hey Don,
I turned in my application last night. And yes,I might be interested in the valve grinder,etc.. Thanks!!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:31 PM

Hey Rob. Finally got time to take some pics today.

This is the boring bar by itself"
Click the image to open in full size.

This pic is the boring bar with the hold down clamps:

This pic is of the tool kit complete with spare bits, Bit Mike etc.

This pick is of the "wet grind head bench"

I didn't get any pics of the test bench because my son said it's in the back of a different shed.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Freshman User

Hey Don,
Thanks for the great pics! I'll pass on the bar. It looks like the 944 and I need a 777S. You sure do have a lot of stuff! I am sorry to have you take the photos only to have me say that is not the one I need.

God bless y'all,

Rob
Old 11-24-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persnickity View Post
Hey Don,
Thanks for the great pics! I'll pass on the bar. It looks like the 944 and I need a 777S. You sure do have a lot of stuff! I am sorry to have you take the photos only to have me say that is not the one I need.

God bless y'all,

Rob
I'm not sure it isn't a 777s. I looked up the specs on line and the 944 goes from 2.200" to 4.400". The 777 goes from 2.600" to 5.344".
I checked the cutting bit micrometer this morning and it goes from 2.600- 5.343. The paper info sheet on the inside of the tool box cover is all worn off, and there is no tag on the bar itself.

I do remember boring a block over 5" for a dry sleave back when I had my shop also..........
Don.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Freshman User

Hey Don,
Thanks again for the photos and info but,that is not the bar I need. I'll keep looking.

God bless y'all,

Rob
Old 11-19-2010, 01:32 PM

Shameless Bump! I can't believe with over 1,200 views nobody wants a boring bar.........

Old 11-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Super Duty

fz1dave has much to be proud offz1dave has much to be proud offz1dave has much to be proud offz1dave has much to be proud offz1dave has much to be proud offz1dave has much to be proud offz1dave has much to be proud offz1dave has much to be proud of
It's a very specialized tool. Half the viewers probably never heard of one before. It's curiosity more than anything.

And lets be honest, if you're not using this for a living, it's not a tool you need laying around, especially for 2500 bucks.

Just sayin'.

2011 F250 6.2L XLT Crew Cab 4x4, 3.73.
Golden Bronze Clearcoat Metallic
2012 Coachmen Freedom Express 292BHDS
ARE Z Series Cap & BedRug
Audio upgrade
Old 11-09-2011, 12:59 PM

Bump again............Nobody needs this????????

Old 11-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
Annual bump?
I'd love to get it, but have no shop yet. Maybe I'll catch it before next year-
Old 11-12-2011, 02:06 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Marketplace > All Other Items for Sale

Tags
automotive, bar, baroregon, bars, boring, engine, ford, instructions, model, norman, pictures, portable, sale, tools, van