Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2009, 10:22 AM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

scottinjaxf250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
99 F250 extended cab back doors won't...

open. The passenger side stopped opening right after I purchased it a few months back (168K miles). I removed the door panels and reached my hand in feeling around. I know the latch releases are activated by cables but cannot figure out how they work. While feeling and pulling on the cables one became dislodged from its holder. The driver’s side stopped opening yesterday . Do the cables stretch, break, or what? Or are the holders the issue? Is there an illustration that shows how the cables are run and connected? Has anyone else had this issue?fficeffice" />>>
>>
Thanks,>>
Scott>>
Old 10-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Post Fiend
Garage is empty, add now

dchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputation
There is a small lever that sticks out that is pushed in when the front door is closed, preventing the small doors from opening. Is it possible that that lever is stuck in?

Oregon Chapter Member:
To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 10-08-2009, 02:38 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

That was my first thought...they are extended out like they should be and I've tried to flick/hit them to ensure they've released whatever they're supposed to...but not sure if thats the issue or not.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

brwolfjr is starting off with a positive reputation.
i am having a similar problem with my '02. Try pushing then pulling. Mine pops open every time.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:10 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

foxylettuce is starting off with a positive reputation.
Chances are it is just seized at the latch/striker. They're located at the top and bottom at the door. Assuming there is nothing broken, try spraying a healthy dose of PB Blaster (penetrating fluid) at the latches and let it sit overnight.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:06 AM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

If I can get the doors open again, I'll do that. I just need to get them open.

Thanks for all of the replies...keep'em coming!
Old 11-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Freshman User
Garage is empty, add now

Under Pressure is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine did this too. Turns out the cables that release the latch broke near the handle. There are two of them one each for upper and lower latch. The housing is plastic and they broke at the end of the housing where they snap into the release mechanism. I haven't replaced them yet but need to as the other door just broke and it's a pain to load the kids up in there without the doors opend.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:40 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2005, cab, door, duty, extended, f150, ford, fordlatch, latch, open, striker, stuck, super, top, truck, year