Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Elder User

pancake is starting off with a positive reputation.
looking for atc/atv mechanic in utica/rome area

i have an 85 honda big red 250 es that just up and stopped getting spark... i have thrown more parts at this thing ...checked all connectors and all wiring

and still no spark i am just about out of patience if anyone knows about an atc/atv tech in the utica/rome or surrounding area OTHER THAN THE BIG NAME DEALERS

pm me or post up here with any info...

thanks in advance,dave in utica
Old 10-08-2009, 05:13 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

jr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
i have an 85 honda big red 250 es that just up and stopped getting spark... i have thrown more parts at this thing ...checked all connectors and all wiring

and still no spark i am just about out of patience if anyone knows about an atc/atv tech in the utica/rome or surrounding area OTHER THAN THE BIG NAME DEALERS

pm me or post up here with any info...

thanks in advance,dave in utica
hmm have one of those old relics my self-spark is one problem I have never had from it-I do have a book on it I'll take a look~ and see if it's got a diagnosis section on the ignition-send you a pm this evening those old things are good runners-dangerous as crap though flipped mine going up a hill fractured sternum laceration on liver -broke me up pretty bad it was my hunting atv till that
member of the Boy you ain't Right club #4
President of the crap shooters club
Join the Maryland Chapter click HERE
Old 10-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Senior User

stanggt84 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't know of any small engine mechanics in that area but I picked up an old Arctic Cat last year and I was having all sorts of problems getting a spark. I replaced the coil, CDI box, and plugs. Only to discover that the ign cutoff switch (deadman switch) was faulty I bypassed that and then there was spark.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:13 AM
Elder User

pancake is starting off with a positive reputation.
hey as an update ...

it runs again after throwing 250.00 in parts at it just to find out i had 2 wires that broke off of the back of the key switch ...

the previous owner had soldered these on once before i found them initially off and the previous owner had a big gob of solder bridged across 2 of the contacts so me being the idiot i spliced the 2 broken wires together and soldered them to the existing solder and thatsd where i screwed everything up .....it turns out the 2 contacts were NOT bridged together as i thought there mustve been a space about the thickness of a piece of paper that i didnt spot....

so long story short i was able to get a look at the switch on a similar machine and i got rid of the big gob of solder and wired mine like my friends switch IT LIVES....=)
Old 10-21-2009, 07:13 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter

Tags
250es, 4x4, area, atv, big, ford, honda, mechanics, ny, red, rome, specks, splicing, trucks, wiring, york