Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another ford truck down....stupid drunk

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 01:55 AM
Gramps86
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool another ford truck down....stupid drunk

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh just need to vent a little.....

so im sittin watchin the twins beat the tigers, hear a crash, thought the cat knocked over a shelf in the other room, got up to check when i heard tires squeelin, like a burnout what the hell, look out the window to see a car half under my truck doing a burnout against it!!!! i yelled out the window and raced downstairs, and hes out from under the truck, and i knock on his window, he puts it in gear so i open the door, he tries to close it again and i grabbed his arm and told him to get the hell outta the car. neighbour calls 911, they told her that since its on private property they arent comeing. i just about lost it, i grabbed my phone and called 911, and explained the situation (meanwhile yelling at the guy to sit down, hes not goin anywhere) 3 cars got there FAST. dude is talkin but not makin any sense. cops do their breathalyzr and buddy blew a freakin 2.7!!!!!!!!!!!! they couldnt find any insurance papers on him, or in his car. charged him with agrivated dui, and no insurance, couldnt find a license on him either.

oh did i mention he was backing out of a parking space, maybe 25 feet away from my truck? or how about he moved my truck several feet sideways, and ALMOST pushed it into the side of my 07 pontiac? like 4 inches more and truck meets car. lucky i guess, i would have friggin lost it completely if he had managed to hit the only car ive ever bought brand new!!

ok thats enough for now, i feel better...almost........he'd better have insurance, i reeeeeally am not going to be happy if this comes out o my pocket.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Red-navi-916
Freshman User
daaaaaaamn thats all bad bro.. hope the best for you

edit: i would of most likely got him out and beat his *** make him think twice before he drinks and drives again

Old 10-07-2009, 02:03 AM
Sycostang67
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You should have beat the tar out of him then called 911. My friends just went through this a few months ago. Guy got drunk 4 houses down the road, left and plowed straight into there place. Wrecked there trailer, totaled there tracker, most of the stuff in the garage and knocked a chunk out of there house. He was out on the road the next day. Hooray for our legal system.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:29 AM
traxx808
Senior User
you should have stuck your foot so far up his ***....it would have taken a shovel to get your foot out

Old 10-07-2009, 02:30 AM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sycostang67
You should have beat the tar out of him then called 911. My friends just went through this a few months ago. Guy got drunk 4 houses down the road, left and plowed straight into there place. Wrecked there trailer, totaled there tracker, most of the stuff in the garage and knocked a chunk out of there house. He was out on the road the next day. Hooray for our legal system.
Well, you know, all kinds of accidents happen, and all sorts of people go missing all the time never to be seen or heard from again... And since your friends have his information... :evil: On a serious note tho - even if these scumbags have no insurance, couldn't the victims file civil lawsuits against them for damages to personal property, or something along those lines? Also, media attention can actually good for something, so victims should make sure to get the media on their side quick... and regular folks simply love to see the judicial system pull yet another epic fail, so the more people know about it the better chances the scumbags get taken for all they're worth.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:48 AM
Gramps86
Senior User
just sucks, picked up the truck in feb, just after my 95 f150 got written off, lady pulled out from a stop sign and i tboned her, nothin i could do. anywho, picked this one up on the cheap because of a bad motor, got a new engine put it in, rebuilt the front end, new ball joints, u joints ttb bushings, newer tires, just put in a bedliner, and bought all new shocks(to go in when i got around to lifting it) was really liking this truck. luckily i do have insurance against the underinsured, so i should come out ok.

ps had he nailed the g6, or my 80 z28 things may not have gone so well for him....cant say i would have 'told' him to get out of the car as opposed to 'removing' him from said vehicle.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:55 AM
Gramps86
Senior User
oh just thought of this, my brother had his truck stolen 2 years ago, by a drunk, that went 5 blocks and hit 6 trees. first estimate was almost 6000 in damage to the truck.

hopefully mine turns out better than his, he got about 2500 of of the guy...before he left town.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:27 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,220 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by Gramps86
oh just thought of this, my brother had his truck stolen 2 years ago, by a drunk, that went 5 blocks and hit 6 trees. first estimate was almost 6000 in damage to the truck.

hopefully mine turns out better than his, he got about 2500 of of the guy...before he left town.
Sorry to hear that sir. Bad things happen to good people all the time.

If you sue your insurance company (as you should) I'm pretty certain that they will dog this idiot to recover thier losses and you'll be out of it.

Tim

Old 10-07-2009, 08:12 AM
nnero
Elder User
Damn that sucks. I probably would have got myself in trouble if that happened to my truck. And nobody would understand because my truck looks like crap too, haha. Hope everything works out for you, good luck.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:31 AM
17fordguy
Posting Guru
kinda like my story in which a drunk idiot wanted the truck more than me so decidd to bust out the ignition to still it. thanks to some handy wiring by me it wouldnt start for him so he busted out two windows and jacked the radio. and what di the insurance and cos tel me. htat i was just SOL.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Gramps86
Senior User
quick update: got the estimate from the body shop, they stopped at 3600 because it was exceeding the value of the truck good news is i now know the car IS in his name, have his address, and it 'looks' like he has insurance.

oh and if you want to see him, he can be viewed here: he is #57 on the list, "Oyoyo, Lawrence Saeed Loino"

http://www.co.blue-earth.mn.us/jail/...Earth.rpt.html

Old 10-07-2009, 12:21 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,220 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by Gramps86
quick update: got the estimate from the body shop, they stopped at 3600 because it was exceeding the value of the truck good news is i now know the car IS in his name, have his address, and it 'looks' like he has insurance.

oh and if you want to see him, he can be viewed here: he is #57 on the list, "Oyoyo, Lawrence Saeed Loino"

http://www.co.blue-earth.mn.us/jail/...Earth.rpt.html

Juts repped ya, that's pretty darned cool.

Tim

Old 10-07-2009, 12:35 PM
BCHauler
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Crummy news. I applaud your restraint. I hope that the insurance company gives you fair value for your truck. Freakin' drunks. Society can't be hard enough on these losers. Driving drunk is no better than driving around randomly shooting a gun out the window. I'm glad no one was hurt.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:05 PM
quaddriver
Cargo Master
Good news and bad news.

Bad first: they are gonna take your truck. All his insurance is legally required to do is pay you the book value of the truck (you say retail, ins says wholesale, they will win that argument if you dont have comp) and take the carcass.

Or you can keep the truck and take $200-ish less.

you will need to sue to recover and from all expectations and descriptions, even if you win, it wont be enuf.

the good news is, this is the FTE site and if you post a few pics and a list of the stuff you will need, I bet we can get you onto the parts. And some of us here have experience assembling ford trucks ;-)

Q1: is the frame bent? if so, bail. take the money and your truck and find another and build a "best of...." compilation like I did with 'new blue'.

Q2: if the frame is not bent, is this restricted to external sheetmetal only?

Old 10-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Virto
Posting Guru
2.7!? Jeebus.