Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Offroad & 4x4
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Offroad & 4x4 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Post Fiend

alpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to all
I can measure for you but i doubt my mount will be exactly the same as yours.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Postmaster

ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha/omega View Post
I can measure for you but i doubt my mount will be exactly the same as yours.
I just checked on my Bronco. I have dual shocks on each side.

WTF is there to do now.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:00 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

hav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputation
You can run quad shocks, or leave two of the holes empty.

Dave

2003 Excursion Limited, V10, 4.88s, 315/75R16s on 16x10s
100% posting from iPhone
Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Postmaster

ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hav24wheel View Post
You can run quad shocks, or leave two of the holes empty.
Probably will run the quad since my 79 has quad on the front as well.

Now where will the track bar mount? I guess I will have to weld or bolt the track bar mount up to it then.

On my 79 the front shock tower has the track bar mount attached to it on the bottom.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Post Fiend

alpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to all
Please do not take offense but im not sure you have the mechanical ability or a reading comprehension level necessary to pull this off by yourself
Old 10-04-2012, 08:10 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

hav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputation
Usually on a SAS the trac bar bracket is more so under the frame

Dave

2003 Excursion Limited, V10, 4.88s, 315/75R16s on 16x10s
100% posting from iPhone
Old 10-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Please do not take offense but im not sure you have the mechanical ability or a reading comprehension level necessary to pull this off by yourself
Naw, I just read to quick and don't pay attention.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Post Fiend

Double postage.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Post Fiend

In my thread the trac bar bracket is under the frame pretty much behind the driver side coil spring.

Do this...

1- Go to my thread, page 1
2- Right click on each of the install pics IN ORDER and then choose save as
3- Move all pics IN ORDER to a separate folder and view as a slideshow over and over until you see the process in your head.
4- Read the how to involved with each pic.
5- Gain knowledge, ask educated questions.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Postmaster

What thread was that?

Kiddin. I will look again but I didn't really knew I had dual shocks. Thought I had singles.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Post Fiend

Forget about the duals. Its just a good reason to spend $100 extra on shocks.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Forget about the duals. Its just a good reason to spend $100 extra on shocks.
10-4

Just keep the rear shock.

I think I could use my 79 front shock tower but cut it in half and use the bottom half of it and weld it to the frame...maybe have enough room if I want to ever put a front shock on it for the stock 90 coil bucket's front shock area.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:14 PM
New User

_Hilljack_ is starting off with a positive reputation.
almost had a 77 f150 that was in the process of being restored so it had everything i would have needed for my truck, but i was too late..
Old 10-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Post Fiend

Also, forget about the factory track bar mount. Make one with a few points of contact
Old 10-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Post Fiend

Also, forget about the factory track bar mount. Make one with a few points of contact
Old 10-05-2012, 08:36 PM