Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Modular V10 (6.8l)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Modular V10 (6.8l) SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2009, 09:02 PM
New User

Bullwood is starting off with a positive reputation.
V10 vs Diesel in 06-07

I do not want to start a war going back and forth so please understand that. just looking for honest opinion not a bunch of bs answers. With that out of the way. I have owned a V10 new since 2001 and absoulutly love the truck. Best one I ever had. I have been thinking of getting a newer truck and am leaning towards an 06-07. I am looking for some serious advise from some of you since you are more educated than I on newer 250's. Are the newer V10's just as good or should I consider a diesel. I got a V10 at the time because I could not stand the racket of the diesel but still wanted pulling power. I have been more than happy with the V10. Just asking. Thanks for all you all's help.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Postmaster

Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.
umm in the 06/07 models the deisels are still noice makers..

u need to go above 08 to get a quiet diesel from Ford..

also keep in mind above 05 the V10 gains HP/TQ over what ur used to not to mention the torqshift auto tranny helps aton aswell..

u should drive a newer 3V V10 equipped truck.. think you'll be pleasantly suprized how much more motor it seems to be over the older 2V ones..

"list of previous owned Fords much to long to list here.."
Old 10-01-2009, 09:42 PM
New User

hey thanks for the respose. I know they still make noise. I would love to have an 08-09 just don't want to spend the money right now. It's just that having a V10 and everyone I know that has had one loves it and had no problems what so ever including myself. just trying to weigh some options. Know what I mean.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Senior User

Mr-Pipeline has a good reputation on FTE.Mr-Pipeline has a good reputation on FTE.
Some diesel problems resolved in 06/07 but still plenty of expensive problems remain. If your happy with 01 V10 power you'll love 05+ V10 power. Unless your towing needs require a diesel I think another V10 would be an excellent choice.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Senior User

mikesmayhem is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you already love your '01 V10, you'll only be happier with the improvements since '05. Save the extra $ with the V10 and keep on keeping on......I am saving myself to replace my '01 V10 and would choose nothing over the V10. I want to get a newer one as well.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:36 AM
New User

Thanks. Good luck to you as well.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:36 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Modular V10 (6.8l)

Tags
10, 2009, diesel, engine, f250, ford, power, problems, towing, v10, versus, vs