Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Marketplace > Ford Truck Parts for Sale
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ford Truck Parts for Sale Ford Truck related Parts and Accessories for sale

Parts Search
Keyword:
Category:
Price:
Private or Vendor Listing:
Location (State):
Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:
Year:
(Range)
Make:
Model:
Price:
Mileage:
Location (State):

Old 10-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

TigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputation
C6 4X4 transmission W/NP205 T-case

Category: Drivetrain
Price: $950
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Part fits:: 1967-1972, 1973-1979, 1980-1986

I have a 4X4 C6 tranny to fit 351M, 400 and 460 engines complete with NP205 transfer case for sale. The history of this transmission is this:

It was professionally rebuilt about five-six years ago for a 1986 Ford F250 with a 6.9 diesel. Shortly after the rebuild the engine died and the truck sat for several years. I pulled the drivetrain and took the tranny to the shop that did the rebuild/installation and had them disassemble and inspect it, (it was found to be in excellent condition with no work needed) then reassemble it in a different housing to fit the 460 engine our chapter was building for our project truck. They upgraded it along the way with a new 2000 RPM stall converter, Kevlar 2nd gear band, high pressure billet servo and shift kit, to the tune of $835 dollars. It has not been run since the build, not even had fluid put in it yet.

We then came up with an NP205 T-case and adapter which is bolted to the tranny. The mud truck project died with its owner and we are parting out the remains. Asking $950 for the complete tranny/T-case package. Thanks for looking.
Attached Images

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:41 AM
New User

ColbyDog is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile

Do you know if a 86 c6 will fit a 84 f250
Old 10-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

TigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputation
The transmissions were all basically the same. The main difference is the bolt pattern to the block and on a 4X4 the tailshaft and housing length. This tranny has the shorter shaft and housing as you can see from the pics, it's about 6 inches long as opposed to the longer one which is about 9 inches and moves the transfer case a little further back.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:43 AM
New User

Aaron Blade is starting off with a positive reputation.
C6 w/NP205 Tcase

Goodmorning, My name is Aaron Blade and I see that you have a tranny & tcase for sale. My 79 Bronco is in need of both before it snows as I use the truck for plowing. I live in Greer, AZ. 85927. Would you be willing to ship (at my expence) and if so, what would the total cost be? (928) 735 - 7064. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

The transfer case has been sold separately, the transmission is still available for $750 plus shipping. I don't know how much shipping would cost, but I would estimate around $150 from what I've heard.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:26 PM
New User

Aaron Blade is starting off with a positive reputation.
C6 4x4

Thanks for your reply. At present, I'm more in need of NP205 tcase (perferably a reman) so I guess I'll just keep looking. Nevertheless, many thanks! Aaron
Old 11-13-2010, 09:53 PM
New User

jarbidge6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
just wondering if you might still have the tranny to t-case adaptor available thank you
Old 12-12-2010, 02:07 PM
New User

rod460 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi my name is Genaro and I'm just interested in transmission not tcase, how much would you be will to sell just the tranny?
Genaro
Old 12-13-2010, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Genaro;

I would take $750 for the tranny.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:57 AM

Tags
205, 2wd, 4x4, 79, c6, case, drive, ford, np205, process, rebuild, trans, transfer, transmission, wheel